• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBC poll: Trump continues to lead the GOP field after 1st debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoops

Banned
Not really the most reliable polling method, no?

That said I still expect Trump to be on top. No way he lost THAT much support from the Kelly thing if he survived the McCain thing (and even went up after it).

His debate performance itself was actually pretty strong all things considered.

Hilarious as it would be, I think this is just an internet poll, so there might be a lot of non-republicans voting just to see the party burn.

On tenterhooks for a real post-blood poll though

Wow Ben Carson doing well to only have spoke like 2 times the entire night.
That's what having embarrassingly low expectations does to you. If people are expecting you to show up at the debate without wearing pants on your head, you will do exceptionally well when you form coherent sentences to questions.

Damaniel

Banned
What freaks me out isn't that Trump is in first place, but that Ted Cruz is in second. He's the nuttiest, most dangerous nutjob of the bunch, but that doesn't stop the GOP base from liking the guy.

Into

"But.. but he said mean things!!"

At this point the media needs to start praising him, if they want people to stop liking him.

The entire gimmick is Stone Cold Steve Austin 3:16, rebelliousness and anti "PC"

botty

Banned
King Trump will lead this country to glory.

There it is.

BKVhMbw.gif

NeOak

What freaks me out isn't that Trump is in first place, but that Ted Cruz is in second. He's the nuttiest, most dangerous nutjob of the bunch, but that doesn't stop the GOP base from liking the guy.
I would vote for Trump just so that Cruz doesn't win.

-.-

Troy

Banned
The only people complaining have bloody noses. Emperor Trump shall rule us all. Gold iPhones for everyone.

Papa Bush must be screaming on the phone to Roger Ailes "why is my son losing!!????"""

Ailes forgot the old adage that it's probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in. It was all sunshine and lollipops when it was aimed at obama, but Ailes tried to move the tent away from Trump and got hosed

'tis glorious

crossposted at poligaf

CL-WDeQWEAATfTS.jpg

ahahahahaha

the power of the internet is now fueling Trump in ways that Fox News cannot control.

No matter how much Megyn Kelly, Chris Wallace and Bret Baier tried to marginalize Trump in that 1st GOP debate; the internets rage tide turned agaisnt Fox News in its John Ellis Bush bias

120v

you'd think calling him out for donating to pelosi and supporting single payer would put the dog to sleep

not really buying the validity of that poll though

I love watching these arrogant candidates flail at trying to take down trump.

These fools are such sticks in the mud that they simply cannot handle Trump.

Rand Paul is melting down.
Walker seems to be losing relevance.
I didn't see Carson moving up in the polls. Its really only a matter of time before he drops out.

If the GOP is smart, their ticket will be some combo of Bush, Kasich, and Rubio. Those guys had by far the most likability and projected the most intelligence at that debate. Trump is never going to do better than that 1/5 or 1/4 that he seems to appeal to, whereas those three guys are the most likely to be able to attract those favoring the likes of Cruz, Carson, etc. as those very obviously unelectable douchebags drop out.

Edit: A Rubio/Fiorina ticket would prob do pretty well, no?

the only thing that can hurt Trump is if lower tier candidates drop out of the race early leaving their support up in the air to rally behind the "establishment"

Glass Joe

An online poll? A lot of Democrats would participate and vote Trump simply for laughs. Curious how the first Republican-only poll post-debate will pan out.

not gonna put much stock in a "scientific online poll"

I don't think there is much doubt that Trump still has near the same support he had before the debate. He didn't do anything that would push him too far down in #'s. The rest looks about where I would put it. Jeb straight up failed, Carly did very well compared to the kiddie table, Ted/Ben...ugh it's the crazy wing.

Love the surveymonkey logo, looks just like Trump hair. Coincidence, I think not.

GamerGate/Breitbart/4chan (Trump supporters) vs. Fox News (anti) is going to be interesting to watch with this. This is the far-right taking on the extreme, ugly, shameless right. Kind of the older right vs. the new right.

Dennis

Banned
If Jeb! didn't have a gazillion dollars, FOX, and the GOP establishment in his corner he would be polling at -5%

Eidan

The assumption is that it is just like the Drudge poll that can just be crashed, I don't think it is that type of poll.
Did the Drudge poll claim that it was scientific? I mean, being critical of polling methodology is fine, but unless you think landline phones are the only way to get accurate polling information, I don't see why being online in itself is a problem.

Can't dump the Trump.

Really should be his campaign slogan.

Did the Drudge poll claim that it was scientific? I mean, being critical of polling methodology is fine, but unless you think landline phones are the only way to get accurate polling information, I don't see why being online in itself is a problem.

Nope not at all, which is why I don't think this poll is of the Drudge variety. Those #'s look about where I would expect them, maybe switch Carly/Ben.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom