• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBC poll: Trump continues to lead the GOP field after 1st debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEO0MJ

ea41e26369.gif

I'm still freaked out whenever I see this kid. He's too young.

Jarmel

Banned
If this holds up for the actual polls then I'll become curious to see how Jeb responds. If pretty much a quarter of the field has surpassed him then he's really gonna have to step it up.

Kusagari

GOP insiders vs. the general public.

The Republican establishment (and Fox News) is now terrified of the monster they've created and are now working to destroy it.

Exactly.

Literally nobody but those GOP insiders seemed to think Jeb came anywhere near winning the debate.

I'm pretty sure they screen people for these online polls the best they can.

Nod. The drudge poll had no screening mechanic at all, I'm saying the NBC one probably had one. I don't see how an online poll is somehow inferior to a traditional phone bank poll.

If this holds up for the actual polls then I'll become curious to see how Jeb responds. If pretty much a quarter of the field has surpassed him then he's really gonna have to step it up.

All he has to do is stay the course and wait it out. Tossing hardcore red meat or turning hard to the right is a losing path for Bush.

UK Gaf checking in, I find the whole Trump thing fascinating he's like Nigel Farage on steroids.

If he somehow gets the nomination it could be the greatest thing ever

MartyStu

What freaks me out isn't that Trump is in first place, but that Ted Cruz is in second. He's the nuttiest, most dangerous nutjob of the bunch, but that doesn't stop the GOP base from liking the guy.

Cruz it outwardly slimy, he is not a problem. Carson, Walker and Kasich are.

They appear to be sane until you take a mildly closer look.

100million usd superpac and 7% is all the gop has to show for it

Lol bush iii

Exactly. The only reason he even has a campaign is because of his last name. His record as governor isn't that noteworthy, he isn't charismatic, and he simply does not excite the base. Nor do I believe the money advantage is that huge of a deal this year. It would be in 2012 for instance when only one candidate (Romney) had money, but this year at least 4-5 candidates have a lot of money. Cruz's PAC raised 50mil. What's the difference between 100mil and 50mil right now, with limited TV ad space to purchase? Not to mention that Bush is spending a lot of that on consultants and polling whereas guys like Cruz and Walker have actual grassroots organizations.

Once Trump disappears I fully expect Walker and Cruz to make large gains. And I think Bush's donors will move to Rubio at some point.

injurai

Banned
GOP insiders vs. the general public.

The Republican establishment (and Fox News) is now terrified of the monster they've created and are now working to destroy it.

It's kind of funny because my opinion of the established GOP only sinks greater as they take these half-assed shots at Trump. If they really wanted to they could probably tear him down but revealing all the reasons he is completely inadequate. But the GOP is already roping certain avenues off by trying to avoid "resume claims."

I'm not necessarily convinced they created the monster though, as been said before. Trump is a very Authoritarian Democrat, and he's likely coming out of the middle left.

nacimento

23% for Trump and 24% for the deranged lunatic Carson/Cruz team. Lol at the GOP.

I think the worst thing for Bush is starting to get people like Rubio/Fiorina in front of him at polls, these are "reasonable" candidates the donors could switch to if they stop trusting his pull.

Jarmel

Banned
All he has to do is stay the course and wait it out. Tossing hardcore red meat or turning hard to the right is a losing path for Bush.

Rubio is stealing Bush's voters. Bush certainly is replaceable and if Rubio keeps giving solid performances then I imagine the supporters are going to leave Bush in flocks.

When is the next GOP debate? I am jonesing bad.

September 16 at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in Simi Valley, California. It is sponsored by CNN and Christian broadcasters, the Salem Media Group. Chief CNN Washington correspondent Jake Tapper and radio talk show host Hugh Hewitt were set to moderate

Kusagari

Jeb has nothing going for him really at this point.

Toxic last name, somehow makes Romney look like Obama in charisma, and continues to make stupid gaffes even though he's supposed to be the "adult" in the room.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Cruz it outwardly slimy, he is not a problem. Carson, Walker and Kasich are.

They appear to be sane until you take a mildly closer look.

Nothing about Carson sounded sane. And Walker sounded like he had the Koch Bros. hand up his ass spitting talking points.

Jeb has nothing going for him really at this point.

Toxic last name, somehow makes Romney look like Obama in charisma, and continues to make stupid gaffes even though he's supposed to be the "adult" in the room.

The establishment money should really start going to Rubio, Jeb is just too terrible at public speaking and too unlikable.

Jarmel

Banned
The Democrats really fucked up having the first debate in October. They should have capitalized on the Republican debates.

The Democrats really fucked up having the first debate in October. They should have capitalized on the Republican debates.

How would they capitalize on the republicans? When your opponents are going after each other you sit tight and keep your head down.

Jarmel

Banned
blame the DNC for wanting Hil to have as few debates as possible

Should be interesting to see if the Coronation stuff bites them in the ass, I imagine it will.

How would they capitalize on the republicans? When your opponents are going after each other you sit tight and keep your head down.

It establishes contrasting stances while interest is sky high. Not to mention test if Clinton is a dud debate-wise against Sanders.

Valhelm

contribute something
GamerGate/Breitbart/4chan (Trump supporters) vs. Fox News (anti) is going to be interesting to watch with this. This is the far-right taking on the extreme, ugly, shameless right. Kind of the older right vs. the new right.

Are Gamergate supporters GOP voters? I know a couple people who have that kind of neo-misogynist sympathy, but both plan to vote for Clinton or Sanders.

Gallbaro

Banned
What does it take for Trump to get the nomination since the Republican Party seems to refuse to support?

The GOP primary process is more democratic than the Democrat process. Basically by winning the delegates through primaries you could see a party revolt not seen since TR.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Still waiting for this run to be revealed as a Pub stunt for Colbert's late show.

LET ME DREAM PLZ

HylianTom

Banned
Still waiting for this run to be revealed as a Pub stunt for Colbert's late show.

LET ME DREAM PLZ

Either that, or I want a tell-all account from Bill Clinton about a decade from now - starting with that phone call between him and the Donald..

An online poll? A lot of Democrats would participate and vote Trump simply for laughs. Curious how the first Republican-only poll post-debate will pan out.
It was a poll of republicans done by a reputable outlet that does try to get a randomized sample. It certainly may be flawed but it is not some complete garbage website poll.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
why would someone have any trouble believing that trump is the most popular candidate among republican voters? has it not been established that majority of them are bonkers?

Are Gamergate supporters GOP voters? I know a couple people who have that kind of neo-misogynist sympathy, but both plan to vote for Clinton or Sanders.

Every GamerGate member I've seen online is a Trump supporter. Maybe this is an incorrect observation, but it seems like Trump is appealing to the far-right groups that have grown online recently (GG just being the most notable for this forum) that have given up on even the appearance of respectability.

Trump also retweeted a GamerGater, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom