• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Fantasy Football League (No Quitters 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

Patterson paying off for you, Uber
I prioritized him in all of my return yardage leagues for a reason.
In fact my entire bench is going off this week but it may be all for naught thanks to the majesty that is Allen Hurns.

Also, Jeremy Maclin sucks.

knicks

Thanks Rams defense. Negative .8 points for me.

Assholes, this wouldn't have happened if you didn't cut Michael Sam.

UberTag

I think I may have gone a touch overboard with the reverse psychology during those opening games.

Either that or I didn't bitch out the Saints D enough.

GCQuinton

Feels like half my team has gotten the "walking to the locker room" treatment today. Not even keeping track anymore. Ugh.

Cloudy

Banned
I cannot believe I need to find another QB when I have Brady and Gronk is playing. NE's WR situation is awful

MBison

Over thought Cam by not playing and benched Kelvin Benjamin for Marquise Lee since Shorts was out. Sigh.

Also fun playing the 2nd highest score and losing. Damn random schedule!

UberTag

Latimer doesn't seem to a factor in the Broncos offense. I might just squeak this out
If the matchup was closer, I half-entertained benching Latimer, making a play for Green on the off-chance his Monday waiver slot was ignored (it wasn't) and, failing that, grabbing Ginn for a desperation start. Still would have landed me more than the 0 points Latimer gave me.

So you've got a prayer for a comeback tonight if Mathews goes crazy and Eli behaves like Eli. Best of luck!

donjezzy

I'll have to see if Jennings and Novak can put up the 27 needed for me to pull this off. even if they don't. Im happy with the output my team put up this week. especially with Steve Smith going off on my bench

UberTag

FANTASY MATCHUP OF THE WEEK

UberTag's Long Island Broskis (1-0) vs. MBison's Psycho Crushers (1-0)

Last season these teams both made the money finishing in 2nd and 3rd place in the playoffs.
After Week 1 this season, they're both 1-0 and were both in the Top 3 highest scoring teams in the league.

Last Thursday, MBison won the Josh Gordon sweepstakes but will likely need to tie up a precious bench spot until Week 10 (at best) to use him. With both teams facing what Yahoo! projects to be the two most difficult schedules in the league this season, barely scraping into the playoffs may well be a reality... making a win in this Week 2 contest especially crucial.

The festivities kick off tonight on Thursday Night Football as Torrey Smith hopes to give the Crushers a better early cushion than Eddie Lacy gave the Broskis last week.

UberTag

Wrong Fucking TE
So long as Kubiak's in town running things, it's his good 'ole buddy Daniels from the Texans that will get the TD love and not Flacco's good buddy Pitta.

Torrey Smith is a ghost. Really expected more.
He's being used solely as a decoy to draw coverage away from everyone else.
Even in a game where Flacco threw the ball 60+ times last week, Torrey Smith was useless.
He's even more useless in a game where he's actually being efficient.

minx

So long as Kubiak's in town running things, it's his good 'ole buddy Daniels from the Texans that will get the TD love and not Flacco's good buddy Pitta.

He's being used solely as a decoy to draw coverage away from everyone else.
Even in a game where Flacco threw the ball 60+ times last week, Torrey Smith was useless.
He's even more useless in a game where he's actually being efficient.

Eh, I still like Pitta where I got him and he will still get plenty of catches and red zone targets.

UberTag

sigh another close loss in where I should have started another player..
It wouldn't be fantasy football without regret.
Neither my team or MBison's team showed up this week. We're both trying our darnedest to lose but one of us is going to back their way into an undeserved win.
He caught a break as both Marshall and Jeffery are playing tonight after the Bears played shenanigans with their injury report all weekend to dick people around.

UberTag

A number of fantasy teams were massacred with injuries this weekend.
Should make for some frantic waiver action and a booming trade market.

UberTag

Well I feel a little better after Cutler has a good second half.
Yeah those multiple 4th quarter TDs felt like daggers.
I'm liking your chances tomorrow night. I'm set for a nice Draft Kings payday this week which will take some of the sting out of losing.

Facing PK Boosters (who will likely be 2-0) next week so I'll need to regroup quickly.

MBison

Yeah those multiple 4th quarter TDs felt like daggers.
I'm liking your chances tomorrow night. I'm set for a nice Draft Kings payday this week which will take some of the sting out of losing.

Facing PK Boosters (who will likely be 2-0) next week so I'll need to regroup quickly.

Explain your draft kings payday!

UberTag

Explain your draft kings payday!
$12 buy-in for a 48-team optimal lineup contest where the top 9 positions pay out.
I did a 50/50 tourney last week and doubled up without breaking a sweat so figured I'd take a stab at something richer.

Fielded the following lineup before the Thursday night game...

QB - Andrew Luck
RB - Le'Veon Bell
RB - Giovani Bernard
WR - Jordy Nelson
WR - Demaryius Thomas
WR - Robert Woods
TE - Delanie Walker
FLEX - Mohamed Sanu
DST - Buccaneers

Pretty much ran with the optimal lineup FBG suggested (this was pre-ADP shenanigans on Friday). They had Cameron bracketed in as the value play at Tight End who I subbed out for Walker in light of his injury status. I did some tinkering at WR3/FLEX with the salary difference (got lucky with Sanu, whiffed on Woods).

Currently sitting in 8th place (the $30 payout slot) with Luck left to play and 14.56 FPs out of 1st. The top 4 teams are already out of players and nobody grouped around me in the 5-9 slots are rolling out Luck (which means I've got an opening to make a play for 1st (which pays out $100).

5th place is 6.18 points ahead and has Cooper going.
6th place is 1.88 points ahead and has Cooper going.
7th place is 0.94 points ahead and has Wayne and Bradshaw going.
9th place is 6.72 points behind and has Wayne going.
12th place is 15.72 points behind and has Hilton going.

Nobody else is in contention. So based on the above scenarios I'd say I'm in pretty decent shape to eclipse the Top 3 and have a reasonable shot at 1st so long as Luck doesn't key in on Hilton or Wayne exclusively. It's 4 points per passing TD, PPR with point bonuses for heavy yardage games.

UberTag

Nice win tonight, MBison.
I've got some work to do on the wire this week. May throw some trade offers out as well.

I've leapfrogged all the way up to 2nd place money in my DraftKings contest ($85).
Won't be catching 1st as Bradshaw has been lighting it up but should remain in 2nd barring some last-minute Riley Cooper heroics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom