• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Fantasy Football League (No Quitters 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

donjezzy

So im in 7 leagues I have:

Nick Foles in 5
Bishop Sankey in 4
Brandon Marshall in 3
Jeremy Hill in 3
Percy Harvin in 3
Pierre Thomas in 3
Rashad Jennings in 3
Vincent Jackson in 3

Does anyone else try to go all in with the same players in their other leagues?

acksman

Nick Foles in 5
Bishop Sankey in 4
Brandon Marshall in 3
Jeremy Hill in 3
Percy Harvin in 3
Pierre Thomas in 3
Rashad Jennings in 3
Vincent Jackson in 3

I try, but when I have someone in one league that I did not get and playing against in another league... I get conflicted.

Pepiope

Nick Foles in 5
Bishop Sankey in 4
Brandon Marshall in 3
Jeremy Hill in 3
Percy Harvin in 3
Pierre Thomas in 3
Rashad Jennings in 3
Vincent Jackson in 3

I try not to, but I'm not going to pass a guy up just cause I drafted him in another league

UberTag

It's not uncommon for me to have a lot of overlap between my fantasy teams. If there's players I like, I'm not going to stop liking them if it's a different format or league-size.

Between my 4 leagues and my FBG subscriber contest entry, here are my overlapping players for 2014...

Own In 3 Leagues

Mark Ingram
Cordarrelle Patterson

Own In 2 Leagues

Dan Bailey
Kelvin Benjamin
Jay Cutler
Zach Ertz
Jimmy Graham
Shayne Graham
Andrew Hawkins
Carlos Hyde
Andrew Luck
Knowshon Moreno
Panthers D/ST
Terrance Williams

This is an especially common occurrence in years when I have 3 or more leagues running out of a single site as I will often tailor my draft strategy around exploits and gaps in the default rankings provided on Yahoo! or ESPN to know when to reach or when not to reach.

This year was a bit of a different story as I'm having a cup of fantasy coffee on a lot of different sites as opposed to making one my primary home base. I'm also dabbling with the weekly payroll mini-games on Draft Kings for the first time.

UberTag

Yes especially if I have a similar draft position. There's only so much research you can do
You must be happy that I started my stud against the Seachickens... the one team it's probably not a good idea to start your studs against.
Promising start to your matchup this week.

UberTag

Harvin's a stud - so long as he's healthy.
Doubly so in PPR/return yardage leagues like this one.
I had him ranked in the top 10 receivers in this league.
Only went with Cordarrelle because I like his upside and durability more.
But Harvin's a force - dude even gets rushes. More rushing yards than Lacy tonight.

UberTag

Starks has looked better than Lacy tonight
If there's a Lacy owner in another league you're in that lacks fantasy experience, I can envision some panic buttons being pushed after tonight. May provide some buy-low trade possibilities.

Especially due to the split-usage with Starks (something that was NOT supposed to happen; Starks was not supposed to be a change-of-pace guy) and how much more effective he's been (averaging 5+ yards per carry).

You may want to start tossing trade offers to paranoid Lacy owners - not just this week but his next two matchups against the Jets and Lions also suck. Those were Top 3 defenses vs. the run last season. His value is going to drop a bit for the unlearned until his outlook improves starting in Week 4.

Don't bother doing that with me in this league, though. I'm keeping him and enjoying the juicy waiver priority that losing brings with it.
But that's a tip you should be employing in other leagues as the frustration and losses build.

EDIT: Oooh... now he's got a concussion. He may not even play next week now. The "buy low" opportunities continue to build.

Cloudy

Banned
XTRA 910 Arizona's Mike Jurecki reports Andre Ellington aggravated his left foot in practice Thursday, and "could be out an extended period of time."
Ellington had to leave practice early and underwent an MRI. The results of the test aren't yet known, but this report suggests the Cardinals didn't like what they saw. Ellington had foot problems at Clemson. He tore a ligament in his toe as a sophomore before fracturing his sesamoid bone and undergoing ankle surgery as a junior. If Ellington were to miss significant time, it'd obviously be a huge blow. Owners need to go pick up Jonathan Dwyer immediately. He's an underwhelming plodder, but would likely be Arizona's lead back.

Alert1.gif

UberTag

Given the way he's performed in past opportunities I wouldn't expect much from Dwyer even if Ellington is out an extended period of time. It'll be Mendenhall redux from last year and we all remember what a nightmare that was for anyone who started him. Expect Stepfan Taylor to switch off with Dwyer between the 20s with Dwyer getting any goal line work exclusively.

Thankfully I own Ellington in one shallow league and I'm already flush with depth there. Sucks for anyone else who invested heavily in him, though. With guys like Ellington, Welker and Newton going down before a single game is played, it just goes to show how it doesn't matter how late you wait to draft with the way stuff is being disguised pre-season.

goober

Posted this in the other fantasy football thread.

Damn. Can I ask for questions here or is there another thread for that?
I missed out on picking up Gordon from the waiver wire. I thought I had time to make a decision (short bench, don't have anyone of significance but thought I could think on it) and someone picked him up this morning.

I thought waivers didn't go through until the week was over?? Someone please explain.

sangreal

It depends on the league, but generally a player is a free agent (anyone can pick them up without a waiver claim) unless they were recently dropped or their team already played this week. After they clear waivers they go back to being a free agent until their team's next game

donjezzy

In Most leagues , Players don't go on waivers until their team's game start. So for example, any GB or SEA player would be on waivers and any other player will be a FA until they play, Sunday morning, afternoon, night or Monday Night.

goober

I think it's because the season hasn't really started. the wire might begin at the conclusion of week 1.

It depends on the league, but generally a player is a free agent (anyone can pick them up without a waiver claim) unless they were recently dropped or their team already played this week. After they clear waivers they go back to being a free agent until their team's next game

In Most leagues , Players don't go on waivers until their team's game start. So for example, any GB or SEA player would be on waivers and any other player will be a FA until they play, Sunday morning, afternoon, night or Monday Night.

So do you use a waiver claim (I'm priority#1) for a free agent?

UberTag

Ugh I might be fucked next week. Lacy and Ellington are my starting RB's and Ray Rice is suspended until week 3. All I have left is Pierre Thomas and Christine Michael (who might not play next week either). X_X
You may need to take a flyer on a free agent RB. Keep your fingers crossed that Lacy clears concussion protocol so you can field him alongside Thomas.

So do you use a waiver claim (I'm priority#1) for a free agent?

Waiver claim numbers are only for claiming players before Tuesday or when someone is recently dropped. So if I drop a player now, everyone gets 2 days to claim that player. If more than one person claim them, THEN it goes by waiver priority. If they clear the wire without anyone trying to pick them up, then anyone can just pick them up

Cloudy

Banned
Just dropped Gates in the only league where I had him. I'm so done with the uncertainty (injury and workload). I may be wrong but I'm happy I won't have to worry about it this year

UberTag

Just dropped Gates in the only league where I had him. I'm so done with the uncertainty (injury and workload). I may be wrong but I'm happy I won't have to worry about it this year
Oddly enough, I expect him to have a really nice game tomorrow provided that he plays.

acksman

Good luck all this week and season. Just hopefully a bit more on my side.

The first few weeks are always the most fun as there is no baseline.

UberTag

I'd feel worse about Hurns going off on me except I want that #1 waiver priority and I will enjoy the pre-emptive destruction of countless Survivor Pools from people who took the Eagles to win this week.
(Some of which I have a financial investment in.)

Pepiope

I'd feel worse about Hurns going off on me except I want that #1 waiver priority and I will enjoy the pre-emptive destruction of countless Survivor Pools from people who took the Eagles to win this week.
(Some of which I have a financial investment in.)
They will win.

UberTag

Yahoo!'s pick for Best Draft in the league in Ember Island Players is putting out the worst Week 1 showing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom