• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2K5 Online Season: LeagueName = "LastCallLeague" / Password = "pass" SIGN UP NOW!

Malakhov

Banned
I'm here for about an hour yet again to play my games and this is the last time for real. I'm heading out to Boston right after work tomorrow and will be back in one week. Like I said in the thread yesterday, I've tried to play my game and even sent an invite to French but he was too busy playing NBA to accept so I will not accept a coin toss. Same goes for my game against Matrix since he was posting in the NBA thread while I was here waiting to play the next week's game.

Ramirez

Not to be an ass,but why do you expect someone to just quit whatever their doing and come join you at that exact moment? :p

Malakhov

Banned
Ramirez said:
Not to be an ass,but why do you expect someone to just quit whatever their doing and come join you at that exact moment? :p
Invited him before he started his game, even sent him a message and got nothing, not even a reply.

Cloudy: On Xbox live.

Malakhov

Banned
Look, I've sent him a message on xbox live and got no reply and I've posted in this thread since yesterday and he hasn't showed up in it while he posted in the NBA thread in the very same forum so it's not like he didn't ignore the thread.

Like I said, I've done my part.

dude, you've challenged me twice, and both times it was when i was in the middle of another game. and i did message you on xbl and apologized, but im not going to quit a game at halftime. relax dude, im on my way online now

Fifty

This is what I do to make sure I play my games

-Post in the thread here, saying when I can play.

- Send a PM to the user

- Look to see if they have AIM, and if so, send them a message

I've never had that fail (Ok, well Bog in NFL is an exception)

Malakhov

Banned
Never got a message from you FMT.

Anyways, good game. Was pissed at your first goal but your second made up for it :)

Malakhov

Banned
Soooo after playing Boston well I'm actually heading there for a week, see you all next weekend folks, I wish you great goals and good games 'till then. Later!

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
shoplifter said:
Bish: When should I avenge my loss in exhibition against you?

(tonight's bad due to the debates :p)
I'll be on Xbox Live tonight after 8 pm PST, and on Saturday anytime after 2 pm PST. So come find me!

Ramirez

Arg,I totally missed that post Theo,my bad.I need to add you to my friends list anyways,or you can add me.

DaAnswer3

Im free today to play the game though...

I was hoping to play last night, but we had a 14 hour power failure yesterday. Entire city was out cuz some dufus drilled through the main line and the back up that sends power to the city. We can try for tonight if you want.

Ramirez

Hell of game man,I was getting pissed at my dudes though,I had to outnumber you in penalties like 3 to 1,ugh.

And what about your second goal...it looked like it bounced of the post and shot off into the crowd...or was I seeing things?

theo

Contest Winner
yeah thats a goal glitch, the puck goes in the net and instead of staying in the net it goes right through it.
seriously though, i doubt i'll ever play another game like that. it was so long.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Sorry man - I was on just after 1 pm for about an hour, then I had to go run some errands. I'll be on at 6 pm PST sharp tomorrow come hell or high water, we can play then. Or we could play now, if you're not going to bed...

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Well another game played, another loss acquired.

I played pretty much the entire third period with a man down. Freakin computer controlled players can't keep themselves out of the penatly box.

I think some of these goalies are a little too good though. I mean I'm pegging rebounds at Lalime left, right and centre and he didn't let anything in. And I've seen him play in real life. And let's be honest. He sucks.

Cloudy

Banned
I have a question for everyone. Have you noticed your goalie leaving the goal wide open if someone dumps the puck from a sweet spot near the blue line. I just encountered it for the first time in Allstar but I'm hoping it's not do-able in HOF.

If it IS possible (I really doubt it cos I've had folks dumping on me all game in HOF with no cheese) it's banned in this league from now on so if you want to dump the puck, find somewhere to do it where it doesn't "cheese" out the goalie.

If someone does this on you in a league game in the future, post here....

Fifty

A sweet spot? No, I haven't noticed that. I have seen it happen about once every game though. I don't blame the other player, because shooting the puck in is a crucial part of hockey, and people who do that in this game are usually sim players. I think the goalies go out far too much...Often when there are d men back, which is just ridiculous. I've given up 2 goals because of that. I can't put my finger on the source of the problem though.

shoplifter

Keep in mind that about once per game IRL, netminders get a little too brave and play a puck that they shouldn't. It's not that out of line with real life. The best solution if it happens to you is to just cover the puck up.

Fifty

The "once a game" instances are when my goalie comes out so far that he can't cover it up. If he's far out of his goal, he's not allowed to cover it up.

Top Bottom