• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NXT Takeover: San Antonio |OT| Glorious Rumble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asuka needs a heel turn so she can start bringing out the full facepaint.

tumblr_njqcf6bBGb1qf7xjao4_500.gif
Or look like a sting mark.

This'll prob end up being a great show regardless of how the card looks because let's be real, the Takeover shows are always great even when they lack hype.

If Asuka loses the title it better be because they're planning Asuka/Charlotte at Mania. Charlotte needs competition, Bayley isn't it. At least they can still say Asuka has never been pinned or submitted.

Damn, if Nakamura/Joe/Dillinger/Revival/Asuka get called up soon (which most of them will by tomorrow I bet) NXT is going to be an absolute wasteland.

Jamie OD

The main event is pretty much an entrance versus an entrance. Saw Shinsuke Vs Roode at the Dublin house show last year and it was alright. I'm interested in the women's 4 way because the angle leading up to it was the best part of NXT recently.

Cosmozone

Damn, if Nakamura/Joe/Dillinger/Revival/Asuka get called up soon (which most of them will by tomorrow I bet) NXT is going to be an absolute wasteland.
Joe and Revival at/after Rumble, Nak and Asuka around Wrestlemania is my guess. I just hope Vince approves of the latter ones.

For a quick second, I thought the Asuka summary had some Steiner Math.

GIMMIE A FUCKING MIC.

YOU KNOW THEY SAY THAT ALL WOMEN ARE CREATED EQUAL, BUT YOU LOOK AT ME AND YOU LOOK AT ASUKA AND YOU CAN SEE THAT STATEMENT IS NOT TRUE. SEE, NORMALLY, IF YOU GO ONE ON ONE WITH ANOTHER WRESTLER, YOU GOT A 50/50 CHANCE OF WINNING. BUT I'M A GENETIC FREAK AND I'M NOT NORMAL! SO YOU GOT A 25% CHANCE, AT BEST, AT BEAT ME. THEN YOU ADD NIKKI CROSS TO THE MIX, YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING GO DOWN. SEE, THE FOUR-WAY AT TAKEOVER, YOU GOT A 44 1/4 CHANCE OF WINNING, BUT I, I GOT A 66 AND 2/3 CHANCE OF WINNING, BECAUSE NIKKI CROSS KNOWS SHE CAN'T BEAT ME AND SHE'S NOT EVEN GONNA TRY.

SO ASUKA, YOU TAKE YOUR 44 1/4 CHANCE, MINUS MY 25% CHANCE YOU GOT A 8 1/3 CHANCE OF WINNING AT TAKEOVER. BUT THEN YOU TAKE MY 75% CHANCE OF WINNING, IF WE WAS TO GO ONE-ON-ONE, AND THEN ADD 66 2/3%, I GOT 141 2/3 CHANCE OF WINNING AT TAKEOVER. SEE ASUKA, THE NUMBERS DON'T LIE, AND THEY SPELL DISASTER FOR YOU AT TAKEOVER!

🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨HOLLA IF YA HEAR ME🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨.

God, I wish it was Dana Brooke giving this - it'd kinda make sense

Pikma

Banned
Naaah, it'll actually help the show

The gap between the champions of each division and the rest of the roster hurt the show's quality in numerous ways, it becomes monotonous, potential booking/storyline decisions get extremely limited, it keeps the lower card guys from ever looking threatening, etc.

Right now that gap is so big there's basically no midcard, you're either a champ or a low-card jobber

sora87

Such a big step down for DIY after one of the best tag matches in recent years at the last takeover.

Don't want Asuka to lose, that wrestlemania takeover with her vs ember moon for the title is what we need.

Nakamura loses he has to be getting called up, right?

GIMMIE A FUCKING MIC.

YOU KNOW THEY SAY THAT ALL WOMEN ARE CREATED EQUAL, BUT YOU LOOK AT ME AND YOU LOOK AT ASUKA AND YOU CAN SEE THAT STATEMENT IS NOT TRUE. SEE, NORMALLY, IF YOU GO ONE ON ONE WITH ANOTHER WRESTLER, YOU GOT A 50/50 CHANCE OF WINNING. BUT I'M A GENETIC FREAK AND I'M NOT NORMAL! SO YOU GOT A 25% CHANCE, AT BEST, AT BEAT ME. THEN YOU ADD NIKKI CROSS TO THE MIX, YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING GO DOWN. SEE, THE FOUR-WAY AT TAKEOVER, YOU GOT A 44 1/4 CHANCE OF WINNING, BUT I, I GOT A 66 AND 2/3 CHANCE OF WINNING, BECAUSE NIKKI CROSS KNOWS SHE CAN'T BEAT ME AND SHE'S NOT EVEN GONNA TRY.

SO ASUKA, YOU TAKE YOUR 44 1/4 CHANCE, MINUS MY 25% CHANCE YOU GOT A 8 1/3 CHANCE OF WINNING AT TAKEOVER. BUT THEN YOU TAKE MY 75% CHANCE OF WINNING, IF WE WAS TO GO ONE-ON-ONE, AND THEN ADD 66 2/3%, I GOT 141 2/3 CHANCE OF WINNING AT TAKEOVER. SEE ASUKA, THE NUMBERS DON'T LIE, AND THEY SPELL DISASTER FOR YOU AT TAKEOVER!

🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨HOLLA IF YA HEAR ME🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨.

God, I wish it was Dana Brooke giving this - it'd kinda make sense
hqdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

It's all connected.

PhijPZB.gif

I do like what they have going on in the Women's 4-Way. Billie and Peyton are doing decent enough obnoxious heel stuff, and feel like they are in over their heads against Askua and Nikki who always seem to want to kill each other. I will enjoy the match if there is is big spot between Nikki and Askua, and the camera zooms in on Billie and Peyton going :O....

Xion385

Predictions in Bold

Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs. Bobby Roode
Asuka (c) vs. Nikki Cross vs. Billie Kay vs. Peyton Royce
Eric Young vs. Tye Dillinger
#DIY (Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa) (c) vs. The Authors of Pain (Rezar and Akam) (with Paul Ellering)
Roderick Strong vs. Andrade 'Cien' Almas
No Way Jose vs. Elias Samson

Predictions in Bold

Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs. Bobby Roode
Asuka (c) vs. Nikki Cross vs. Billie Kay vs. Peyton Royce
Eric Young vs. Tye Dillinger
#DIY (Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa) (c) vs. The Authors of Pain (Rezar and Akam) (with Paul Ellering)

I agree with this.

I'll be annoyed if they have Asuka drop the title tonight, save it for her finally losing to Ember at the next Takeover. On the other hand I'm also conflicted because if it's Nikki winning I'll be happy happy for her but still annoyed as fuck for taking it off Asuka. Ember not being an unstoppable steam roller will help the rest of the division a lot.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
will be watching at work, hope its good but not hopinf for much. On one hand I dont see Kanamura dropping the belt, on the other... hasnt he been in nxt for like 1 year now? the fuck is he still doing there? Then again I continue to firmly believe he wont fit the main roster (with the way WWE handles their talent that is, not because of Shinsuke himself) so /shrug

tchocky

I agree with this.

I'll be annoyed if they have Asuka drop the title tonight, save it for her finally losing to Ember at the next Takeover. On the other hand I'm also conflicted because if it's Nikki winning I'll be happy happy for her but still annoyed as fuck for taking it off Asuka. Ember not being an unstoppable steam roller will help the rest of the division a lot.

Nikki should win because even though I think Ember would have a better match with Asuka than Nikki I think it is better for Ember to win the title from a heel and they have been unable/unwilling to turn Asuka and I could see the crowd being either split or pro Asuka in that match.

Naaah, it'll actually help the show

The gap between the champions of each division and the rest of the roster hurt the show's quality in numerous ways, it becomes monotonous, potential booking/storyline decisions get extremely limited, it keeps the lower card guys from ever looking threatening, etc.

Right now that gap is so big there's basically no midcard, you're either a champ or a low-card jobber

This is a big problem IMO. People like Joe, Nakamura, Asuka and the like are on a different tier, which means their matches are pretty predictable. Plus people are super attached to them and don't want to get behind challengers all that much at this point.

Bringing them up to the main roster will certainly thin things out a bit on NXT, but it'll also give them breathing room to develop some new big heels/faces and start fresh again.

somedevil

Problem with NXT is that they don't develop talent they just hire people.

NXT has 3 types of people in the system. Ones that begin from scratch, one with some Indie experience that don't have a name for themselves and stars from Indie, New Japan and TNA.

Examples from scratch are Charlotte, American Alpha, Baron Corbin, mandy rose, Liv Morgan

Some experience: Drifter, Revival, Bayley, Sasha Banks, No Way Jose, Tye Dillenger

Stars: Roderick Strong, Eric Young, Bobby Roode, Nakamura, Asuka.

"War is our Peace"

full

How Hideo Kojima...

Nikki should win because even though I think Ember would have a better match with Asuka than Nikki I think it is better for Ember to win the title from a heel and they have been unable/unwilling to turn Asuka and I could see the crowd being either split or pro Asuka in that match.

I can agree with this but I think either way there's going to be a split and unless Asuka is getting called up before WrestleMania where does it leave her for the next two months? Nikki and Ember are the only two on NXT TV now that she can have "believable" matches with. The only other option would probably be a triple threat and I don't like that idea. Asuka getting moved to, probably Raw to give Charlotte a fresh match, is the only move I can see made if she loses the belt tonight.

Shinsuke Nakamura vs Bobby Roode
Nakamura is staying down until at least after Wrestlemania. I hope this match surprises me and is good but I'm not expecting much. The crowd should be incredibly hot for it at least.

Tye Dillinger vs Eric Young
Tye loses to go to the rumble and not debut at the number ten.

Asuka vs Nikki Cross vs Peyton Royce vs Billie Kay
I can see this going either way. Asuka retaining, Royce or Kay pinning one another willingly to get the belt off Asuka (which even if it doesn't happen to end the match I hope is an actual spot they try) but at the moment I'm guessing Cross wins to pin Royce or Kay and for Wrestlemania weekend a triple threat between her, Asuka and Ember Moon is made.

Cien needs the win and momentum badly.

DIY vs Authors of Pain
Triple H is finally going through his Vince phase of loving big guys because I can't see much that's appealing to AOP outside of their size. I can't see DIY winning unless some fuckery happens.

Menome's boy to get the win.

Edit: Any chance we have Chris Hero showing up to attack or confront someone tonight?

I'm stuck at work until this comes on, but Roode vs Nakamura should be amazing.

I had no idea Eric Young was in NXT. When did this happen?

ngower

Given how NXT revived/kept Graves' career alive, you can tell that ate him up to step away, but his star has been rising. Lots of feels.

Nekofrog

Banned
i really really wish the wwe network live's channel had a twitch like chat

that would make wrestling so amazing during shows

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
The "best breakout" award is acting as a warning of how bad the next year of NXT is going to be.

ReiGun

I wish NXT wasn't struggling to build up things lately, I was hoping we'd get a women's tag division this year.

I was just thinking that. They'd be great as a heel tag team. Shame none of WWE's brands have enough women to make a tag division viable.

Ithil

Given how NXT revived/kept Graves' career alive, you can tell that ate him up to step away, but his star has been rising. Lots of feels.

It's a little harsh, but quite frankly he's probably gonna have a more successful and long career in WWE post-retirement than he ever would have as a wrestler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom