• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GA No Limit Holdem Poker Tournament! Sign Up Here!

calder

I got horse whipped right out of table 1. Two hands I lost big in I knew it was going to end in tears but I just had to throw good money after bad, and at the end I was already all-in when the ace came up on the turn and I knew my 3 nines was probably not going to cut it. At least I got beat with a nice full house. :)

Cerebral Palsy said:
No, you guys suck for starting the games when a lot of people were having problems.

Bah, got out of bed for this shit. Goodnight.

No, the servers sucked. Period. If you couldn't get in the right server on the first try chances are they wouldn't let you in later.

At the moment I'm trying to find a client that allows private no limit games. No luck so far :(.

Hitman

Edmonton's milkshake attracts no boys.
Yeh good game Zimbu.. even though it was just you and me. I had to 2 pair and your got the straight. Argh haha. But yeh.. this tourney was pretty crappy.. sorry dudes.. i did'nt know they had multiple servers and pokerroom.com was the only software that allowed private rooms that I could find.

dem

fuck...

im out

oh well... i need to sleep anyway

If we can find some better software.. id be in for another tourny sometime.

MASB

Sigh. I did alright, but I made a terrible mistake early on after winning two hands. Someone bet like $600. But when I betted, I thought it was $20. So I ended up losing over half and it was a struggle for most of the game. At least I outlasted two people on the table. Next time, I'll be more careful of the clicks, and hum more Kenny Rogers "The Gambler" songs for me. ;)

Hitman

aww sounds like u guys had fun games. I wish we could have got another table going. All thsi work setting up this tourney and i did'nt even get to play in it.

calder

Getting caned like a retarded donkey last night aside (first one out! woo!) that was fun as hell. I now have an itch to play some more poker tonight... it would be fun to play with fellow GAFers again.

If anyone wants to meet up tonight for some more non-tourney fun, just say the word.

Triumph

Banned
WasabiKing said:
The only time I wouldn't do that for poker is when the money's real...
True that. I have my weekly game on Tuesday nights with pals, and that hasn't been skipped for like two years.

calder said:
I got horse whipped right out of table 1. Two hands I lost big in I knew it was going to end in tears but I just had to throw good money after bad, and at the end I was already all-in when the ace came up on the turn and I knew my 3 nines was probably not going to cut it. At least I got beat with a nice full house instead of the 3 aces I was expecting. :)

That hand was insane. I knew someone had a full house, I just didn't expect that the both of you had them at the same time, heh... There were a few crazy hands, epic battles, and just plain sniping, but everyone was really cool at Marty's table. Lots of strategy being used, and Cyan is an EXCELLENT player.

I've also sent an e-mail out to PokerRoom to see what happened, and to see if they can rectify the issues. Until then, anyone care to suggest poker software with private tables?

calder

hah, my favourite hand was when I was dealt 2 aces and got all pumped, so I anted pretty big (considering I was very short stacked) only to see a 5-6-7 flop. I can't remember what the turn was but I had to bail in disgust... was it an 8? What a bummer to have turn tail and fold after helping build up a nice pot with my meagre chips. And then the river is another ace which wouldn't have won it for me but still hurt. ;)

calder said:
hah, my favourite hand was when I was dealt 2 aces and got all pumped, so I anted pretty big (considering I was very short stacked) only to see a 5-6-7 flop. I can't remember what the turn was but I had to bail in disgust... was it an 8? What a bummer to have turn tail and fold after helping build up a nice pot with my meagre chips. And then the river is another ace which wouldn't have won it for me but still hurt. ;)

That actually happened to me last night, later in the match. I didn't fold though, but yeah, getting pocket aces is never a guarantee, just a great opener.

Good game last night. Heh I shouldn't have been so bold on that last hand =) We should definitely do it some more, and earlier so I don't make stupid mistakes =) I miss seeing people though so I can read them; it's much harder to read just their actions. Let me know if you guys wanna do it again. I'll win next time =)

Here's a good question... which of you were using the downloaded client, and which were using the Java Applet? I read on a forum that the servers are divided up by that.

It's hard to believe that 90% of the people were using the applet though... I was using the downloaded client and could only connect to Hitman and Eminem.

So, who is left? Do we want to continue to have a final table? or do we jsut want to schedule a new tourney? I haven't heard back from the folks at Poker Room yet, FYI, but I want to plan out the next tourney...

If things work out, we'll be doing this a little more often... ;)

Let's all try using the applet- maybe there's a seperate server for it. I'm joining it now.

Edit: Look for a private MisterZimbu's table. Remember, USING THE APPLET.

Double Edit: I'm up to 11 different clients I've tried so far. None so far (except Pokerroom) support Private Play Money No Limit tables.

tmdorsey

Mister Zimbu said:
Let's all try using the applet- maybe there's a seperate server for it. I'm joining it now.

Edit: Look for a private MisterZimbu's table. Remember, USING THE APPLET.

Double Edit: I'm up to 11 different clients I've tried so far. None so far (except Pokerroom) support Private Play Money No Limit tables.

I'm on now and I don't see your table.

Hhhmmm, I have no idea. I usually play on UltimateBet.com, which is a pretty nice client. But I don't think you can even create custom rooms there, private or not.

Bob White said:
Come on people, SEARCH. Find one and lets get a new tourney set up.

Honestly, I've been through most of them, and I haven't found a single one. I don't think there are any. Still gonna search though.

Clients I've tried:

PokerRoom (private table support, but the server thing as we all know)
PartyPoker (private table support, but it simply doesn't work)
TruePoker (private table support, but can't play No Limit private games)
UltimateBet (where I normally play, no private table support)
Yahoo! (not No Limit)
EmpirePoker (not officially tried, but it runs on the same tables and servers as PartyPoker)
Pokertropolis
World Poker Exchange
Paradise Poker
NutzPoker
JetSetPoker
Interpoker
Golden Palace
Full Tilt
Absolute Poker
Popular Poker
Poker Shootout

Cyan said:
I'm up for another tournament, if people manage to find a good client for it. Looks like we probably can't finish this one. :(

Our best bet is to schedule freerolls on sites for us all to join together and hope for the off chance that some of us get to the same table.

Either that or I could get off my lazy ass and code my own client. :)

Hitman

Lets all request one of these poker clients to host a tourney for us. Tell them if we like how the tourney goes we will invest REAL money. Of course we probaby wont.. but we'll have a tourney yay.

Top Bottom