• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA 2K6 League thread...

Dsal

it's going to come out of you and it's going to taste so good
If anyone wants to get their games in with me, I'm pretty much available for most of the rest of the night.

Dsal

Anyone available at the moment? Here's who I have games left with:

2 with Malley
1 with True
1 with Wellie
1 with Kruza
(and 1 with FMT, who's out)

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
ok with 6 days left, we should find out who's in and who's out then set the playoffs that way.

1. Spurs
2. Mavs
3. Bulls
4. Lakers
5. Cavs
6. Jazz
7. Nets
8. Pistons

We should start the playoffs Friday or something soon and if you want to be out then say so...

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DSal: Problem with us is I have to go to bed early Monday - Thurs (11:30 ET) and you get home at around 10:30 (ET). Latest I want to start a game is probably 11 ET, so if you're around I'll definitely be on AIM tonight.

I'm down for a playoff, I want to get through with this. I like the game and though I doubt we will play another season on Xbox, I hope we do and get more dedicated players.

Dsal

Yeah, the whole east coast/west coast thing along with work schedules makes scheduling tough.
I'm fine with just going straight to the playoffs too if that's what people want to do.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
If people can wait till Friday for the playoffs I would like to play at least one league game against Malley just so I've seen him before we possibly meet in the playoffs.

Cloudy

Banned
Playoffs start on the 17th and I will forfeit games not played by then. Play him in a random game if you guys don't get it in...

Dsal

Cool Malley. I'll be home at around 6:30pst/9:30est. I'll try to get in touch with you then.

jobber

best 2 of 3 if I remember right.

I should be back home tomorrow after 5pm-ish. Gotta hit up Gamestop for my 360 deposit back and get some PS2 stuff. I'll see you in the finals! (which better happen Sunday.)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Today is the day that I crush Jobber once and for all. He pulls out a lucky three point win last night, but it won't happen again.

PS: Stop feeding the refs home cooking!

jobber

Wellington said:
Today is the day that I crush Jobber once and for all. He pulls out a lucky three point win last night, but it won't happen again.

PS: Stop feeding the refs home cooking!

*yawn*

say what now?

I was rusty! Yea, I know i'm lucky to pull the win out, but once I get my goove back. WATCH OUT!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
jobber said:
*yawn*

say what now?

I was rusty! Yea, I know i'm lucky to pull the win out, but once I get my goove back. WATCH OUT!

No excuses for the amazing amount of charges that were defensive blocking fouls!? It's cause I am right! You are done!

jobber

You have to learn when to take it to the hole and when to pull up for a jumper. You got the jumper part down, but you fear TIMMAY!

Note to the rest of you slackers....HURRY UP AND PLAY!

Dsal

Konex, I can do playoff stuff on Saturday if you are available.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
K check this out. :lol With you guys pushing the playoffs up this fast you have kicked me out of them. I worked pretty hard to get better at this game too. Oh well.

I fly to Vancouver tomorrow morning and then drive down to Seatlle to see my boy Ray take down the Sacramento Kings. Good times!!! My first NBA game ever!!
I will be back Monday and still willing to play my games if people can wait but if you can't then I'm forfeiting my chance to take down Jobber in the finals.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Truelize said:
K check this out. :lol With you guys pushing the playoffs up this fast you have kicked me out of them. I worked pretty hard to get better at this game too. Oh well.

I fly to Vancouver tomorrow morning and then drive down to Seatlle to see my boy Ray take down the Sacramento Kings. Good times!!! My first NBA game ever!!
I will be back Monday and still willing to play my games if people can wait but if you can't then I'm forfeiting my chance to take down Jobber in the finals.

Jobber isn't making it out out of the first round. I've found his weaknesses, and if it wasn't for his awesome team, I would have owned him!

jobber

Wellington said:
Jobber isn't making it out out of the first round. I've found his weaknesses, and if it wasn't for his awesome team, I would have owned him!

Just for that, I'm going to blow you out by 30. (no homo)

jobber

Truelize said:
So will the playoffs be done before I'm back?

I hope so. I want to trade this game in ASAP since I got
DSC00940.jpg

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Let me break the game down:

1st Quarter: 7/17, 41% from the field

2nd Quarter: 4/23 17.3% from the field

3rd Quarter: 6/21 28.5% from the field

4th Quarter 13/21 61.9% from the field.

Total? 30/83, 36.1% from the field.

I don't know what changed from game 1 (in which I shot 54.5%) to this performance since jobber played the same 2-3. Ah well, good league fellas, good luck in the rest of the playoffs Jobber!

jobber

thank you

I had mercy on you near the end :(

maybe you could take over the Bulls!

Dsal

Probably until 2 or so my time.
I have to go somewhere now but I'll be back in 2-3 hours.

jobber

Sorry bout the beating but I was kicking myself for losing that 2nd game. So I turned off the Mariah Carey and focused on the game. When I'm in the zone, everyone loses :(

I got a neat little trophy on the league screen!

Dsal

The beginning of that game was hilarious. All D was totally ineffective but I guess that wouldn't be too unrealistic for Spurs vs Mavs in real life either.

Also, I was quite relieved afterwards as I had to TAKE A GIANT PISS through the whole second half. Ahh empty bladder.

jobber

Dsal said:
The beginning of that game was hilarious. All D was totally ineffective but I guess that wouldn't be too unrealistic for Spurs vs Mavs in real life either.

Also, I was quite relieved afterwards as I had to TAKE A GIANT PISS through the whole second half. Ahh empty bladder.

I guess you're not watching the Spurs/Warriors game ;p

Top Bottom