• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA 2K6 League thread...

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
We have our first triple double of the season

Epic match with Dallas. Tied it up sent it to OT. Then YOUR hero Tony Parker took over.

Dsal

it's going to come out of you and it's going to taste so good
OTs always fun.
I have a feeling Matrix isn't showing up tonight. Crap, so I have a 50% chance of a loss? :(

jobber

Dsal said:
OTs always fun.
I have a feeling Matrix isn't showing up tonight. Crap, so I have a 50% chance of a loss? :(

You shouldn't. You were on and he's no where online or even posted since I crushed his dreams. You win by default.

Dsal

jobber said:
Duncan is a BEAST

Especially when the opponent is stubborn and still tries to contest the middle. Didn't work out too well for me there :D.

jobber

Dsal said:
Especially when the opponent is stubborn and still tries to contest the middle. Didn't work out too well for me there :D.

That's why I love the 1-3-1

Duncan is still in the lane in case I get burned playing D on the wings

Dsal

I've noticed that certain defensive zones mess up some of the plays an offense might call. Like if I call a Block Exchange, the players get all bunched up under the basket instead of running the play. I don't know if it's a collision problem or just an AI thing, but you end up having to call something else.

jobber

I notice that too when I play the CPU. Best play to run with is isolation or C/PF Post Up. If the PG passes down to to the C/PF the PG will usually run behind the pass, get the pass back and lay it in easy. Give and Go is a beautiful thing when executed right.

i'll come out on record and say the 1-3-1 is a bullshit defense. i'm not saying it's impossible to score on, but it's just cheap and i'd estimate that 90% of the games i've played the first thing my opponent does is put the 1-3-1 in the rotation.

not complaining cause i've played some good games against people but for craps sake when EVERYONE in the league is changing that up in its defensive rotation there is something shady about it

Kruza

Fifty said:
Zone D is for pussies

LMAO! Amen.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i'll come out on record and say the 1-3-1 is a bullshit defense. i'm not saying it's impossible to score on, but it's just cheap and i'd estimate that 90% of the games i've played the first thing my opponent does is put the 1-3-1 in the rotation.

not complaining cause i've played some good games against people but for craps sake when EVERYONE in the league is changing that up in its defensive rotation there is something shady about it

The 1-3-1 Zone is cheap mainly because of this reason: A few normal set plays (i.e. "Corner Roll" plays) that can really expose 1-3-1 zones can't be called on because of the bizarre player movement of CPU teammates off the ball. So you're severely limited in the ways to counter it.

Due to the flaw in the game that screws up the CPU player movement against zones, the best way to score against zones in general in this game is to run a freelance offense using Dual Player Control + Icon Passing. Using both features well can overcome the movement to some extent.

Kruza

jobber

oh here comes the excuses.....

I did NOT play 1-3-1 in a whole game with anyone. I switch up depending on who's catching fire on the other team. i.e. Malley was killing me with drives so I switched up to a Box-1. With DM, I switch up from 3-2 and 2-3. You have to use some type of zone D at some point in the game otherwise I could cross up the defender and before you have time to switch players, I could pull up for a easy jumper OR if you send another guy to double team, I can kick it out to a open player.

I lost 3 games so you know zones can be beat. You're just too lazy to think how to expose it. It's pretty easy to run plays around a zone i.e. Pick and Roll or Give and Go. You don't need to drive to the hole or shoot a 3 every time down the court.

You know why I've been scoring like mad with Parker? If you drive to the hole and you push off your defender, you'll have a 85% chance to make the jumpshot.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Whoever wants to play let me know... i will be retiring early after mourning the loss of the man in my avatar for the season... not really, but I am upset

the thing is, i didn't say the 1-3-1 is unbeatable. look back at my post. i have beaten it, my point is that it is infact dirty. it was dirty last year also. you know how i started off 11-0 in nba 2k5 leagues? cause i played almost exclusively with the 1-3-1. i'm not pulling this out of my ass dude, the D is a joke. like i said before, i'm not outright whining about it because i lost or something, i just think its a ridiculous defense to call.

p.s. you're right you didn't play it everytime down the floor, but i would estimate you played it the vast majority of the game. again, that isn't why i lost (i can score on the defense as is evidenced by our game), but the point is it's a shady D

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Yeah the 1-3-1 is garbage. I will show the 1-3-1 at times to confuse an opponent but I don't feel comfortable playing it a lot. I think it's cheap cause the offensive players set up too low on the wings and the defense gets a lot of steals that they shouldn't be getting.

Konex was the 1-3-1 king last year.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
1 - 3 - 1 is the Line spread of NBA 2k6.... Ban that shit

simple as that, I play man all game minus a couple trips here and there to the 2-3, but we dont HAVE to use the 1-3-1 so lets drop it! cool

i can get some games in tonight

jobber

Malleymal said:
1 - 3 - 1 is the Line spread of NBA 2k6.... Ban that shit

simple as that, I play man all game minus a couple trips here and there to the 2-3, but we dont HAVE to use the 1-3-1 so lets drop it! cool

i can get some games in tonight

ok then...but fear THE BOX-1 which I'm finding out is better than 1-3-1

Dsal

Why'd you give me the loss against Matrix? I was around on Tuesday and Monday and he was never online.

konex you were gone?? i kid kid! i kid because i love.

koney, incase you missed it, when november 21st rolls around this game is gone. it is up to YOU and only you to make sure the playoffs start in a timely fashion. as i said before, i can't be held responsible for selling this game to partially pay for the 360 version. sorry chum

Cloudy

Banned
Dsal said:
Why'd you give me the loss against Matrix? I was around on Tuesday and Monday and he was never online.

I do a cointoss for all forfeits unless both players agree on who caused the delay. That way there are no arguments. On the other hand, if Matrix agrees it was his fault, I'll give you the win.

I know it sucks but it's easier this way >_<

Fifty

Matrix is sick and his xbox died on him so he's not around now, and even if he was on GA, his xbox isn't working.

jobber

Fifty said:
Yeah, no point in him buying a new xbox for less than 12 days of use.

are you man enough to lose to me?????????????????????????????????????????

Dsal

Sure malley. I'm home now so I can play now. Just AIM me if you're ready to play.

EDIT: I'm going to head out for dinner, but if you see on later send me a message.

jobber

I've got 2 games vs. Fifty if he still wants to play me and 1 with Mr. Lize left. Take your beatings like the women you are.

Cloudy

Banned
Fifty (not making playoffs) and Matrix (broken xbox) are no longer playing. I forfeited games accordingly and even dropped some of Matrix' games while trying not to affect the playoff race. Let's get this over with folks...

jobber

blah...i've been calling out True for the past week and he's running in fear!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I'm not running man. I've just been so busy. It's been crazy. I can play Sunday afternoon or night. I promise.

How come I'm in 8th place when I have a better record than several of the teams above me??

jobber

Truelize said:
I'm not running man. I've just been so busy. It's been crazy. I can play Sunday afternoon or night. I promise.

How come I'm in 8th place when I have a better record than several of the teams above me??

I'm leaving town Sunday morning and I'll be gone til Thursday.

If my hotel has internet in my room, I'll play you Sunday. If not...I'm not sure.

You have less wins than the teams above you.

Cloudy

Banned
Guys, some folks wanna sell their copies so we gotta get this done soon. Playoffs will start on the 17th. If your games aren't in by then, I'll be flipping...

Dsal

I'll have my AIM up all day. If anyone's available message me.
Although something tells me it's to peoples' advantage to automatically get a 50% chance of a win and let their games go to a flip :|.

jobber

I'm at the hotel and it has internet, BUT the tv has no a/v plug ins :(

you can put all my games to losses konex. not only do i want to sell my xbox/games, but i honestly dont have time to play so many games in such a short period (family dinners, midterms, increased work).

sorry chum, ill be back for 360 (IF 2k6 is the choice!)

Get Live,kthx.

unlike a lot of basketball fans on the board (ok, konex), i will actually give both games a fair chance. and no, like konex, i won't rent/buy either game just so i can validate my pre-formed opinion that the other is better :D (p.s. im just messing w/ you koney)

but honestly i will buy the better game. online leagues is a nice draw though

jobber

boo..fmt fears me

the rest of you can bow out now and hand me the ring

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
If it wasnt for my girlfriend sneaking in a desire to see the movie derailed late last night , I would have handled king bronbron

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Malleymal said:
If it wasnt for my girlfriend sneaking in a desire to see the movie derailed late last night , I would have handled king bronbron

Yeah we haven't played at all yet and last year I didn't do too well against the "jump-passing" Jazz.
I've gotten better though. Much better. Since my trade with the Mavs my team is so much more balanced. I played my first 6 or 7 games without a backup PG. That was not fun at all.
I'm outta town till Thursday now. If you can play Thursday then lets get both of our games in before Konex starts the playoffs.

Top Bottom