• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA 2K6 League thread...

Kruza

Truelize said:
GG Kruza. That was so slow man. You don't have to play like they do in real life man. :lol

Heh, that was my gameplan going in. I definitely know I can run more with the Pistons. It's just not wise to get in an faced-paced track meet with the Cavaliers whenever playing against them with most teams in this game. The Cavs have too many more players on their roster who run faster than the Pistons, and we can get killed in transition trying to keep up with them.

Dsal said:
Kruza, I'll be available at 6pst/9est tonight.

OK. I should be able to play you then.

Kruza

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
If I go to players and check injuries it says Lebron is out for 3 games though. If he's there I'll play him. But I'm thinking that he's out.

Time for Larry Hughes to make his money. :D

Heh, that was my gameplan going in. I definitely know I can run more with the Pistons. It's just not wise to get in an faced-paced track meet with the Cavaliers whenever playing against them with most teams in this game. The Cavs have too many more players on their roster who run faster than the Pistons, and we can get killed in transition trying to keep up with them.

I don't agree with you at all man. Waiting until the last 5 seconds on the shot clock on every possesion forced you into a lot of bad shots. I watched you dribble out of the key when you had me beat with Billups. Billups is a monster in this game. I don't even recall you shooting a three with him. If he gets hot he can easily drop 30 in a game.

Kruza

In the 3rd quarter I shot so much with Billups he actually had a cold circle under him. He was better late in the 4th, but by then it was too late. I could've maybe shot more with him in the first half, but I mostly look to get everyone involved first before relying on certain players. Plus big Z was blocking a lot of shots and I didn't want to test him that much with Billups because he gets his shots blocked easy. Then your teammates were quickly doubling Sheed in the post from the 2nd quarter on, and he wasn't hitting any shots from the outside. Rip struggled with his shooting as well, plus he was getting his pocket picked too much.

Kruza

Dsal

it's going to come out of you and it's going to taste so good
Kruza, I just remembered I have an appointment at 6pst/9est. I'll be back from it at 7:30pst/10:30est. Does that still work for you? Sorry about that :(

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Played the lakers... they suck, but jumain Jones is Jesus... and why does the owner of the lakers wait for the celebration sequence to end when his player does something on offense but when they show the other team's player celebrating sequence he/she is quick the jump back into the game... thats dumb.. along with Jumain JESUS Jones on the court... this is the worst basketball i played in my life since last years...

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Malleymal said:
Played the lakers... they suck, but jumain Jones is Jesus... and why does the owner of the lakers wait for the celebration sequence to end when his player does something on offense but when they show the other team's player celebrating sequence he/she is quick the jump back into the game... thats dumb.. along with Jumain JESUS Jones on the court... this is the worst basketball i played in my life since last years...

you just upset you're not winning

if you played and practice as much as you do with Madden you would win some games.

I want to play the Mavs and the Rockets. I gotta knock the Mavs winning percentage below mine.

Dsal

Jobber, I might have a block of free time, depending on if people are coming over to my house tonight or not (after 6pst), so we can try to play if I'm free.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
jobber said:
you just upset you're not winning

if you played and practice as much as you do with Madden you would win some games.

I want to play the Mavs and the Rockets. I gotta knock the Mavs winning percentage below mine.

I dont practice madden Sucka... I play my games and depend on some common knowledge that I have of the NFL to help me get through it. As for this POS of a game I am playing it as best I can and as REALISTIC as I can and it sucks... plain and simple, sorry to hate your first born, but thats how i feel....

I have lost to Matrix by a combined 100 points in two games probably and I was not upset.. hell I was upset with the game when i was up on Konex... sorry but Jumain Jones does not go off for 5 straight 3's... Kobe maybe, D fish might hit some, but jumain Nomad Jones??? get out of here...

I have been good in all the leagues I have played on GA, and there are games that I am just not going to like, and this my friend is one of them... thats all, I am not saying that I am not going to complete my games, but as with any player in any league I will vent my un happiness with this POS

End of story... although there may be a sequel.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Cloudy said:

Hands were in his face too.. he is no gamebreaker, the cat can jump and run around looking like a fake jordan if u squint your eyes tight enough, thats it...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?statsId=3350

he is a 6.7 ppg player not 6.7 pp minute

the game is what it is, a game that is being played because the alternatives just happen to suck more ass... I will join whatever leagues we have because its fun to play with people that dont cheat(most of the time) but I call a spade a spade...

jobber

Dsal said:
Jobber, I might have a block of free time, depending on if people are coming over to my house tonight or not (after 6pst), so we can try to play if I'm free.

so are we partying?

Dsal

Bleh I got stuck at work (I'm still here). I'll still get online once I get home though.

Dsal

There is still a slight chance that I'll have to stay late tonight too (Beta release due end of Friday). We'll see how the day goes.

jobber

Dsal said:
There is still a slight chance that I'll have to stay late tonight too (Beta release due end of Friday). We'll see how the day goes.

that's cool...we can hold off til this weekend if you like.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Anyone want to play a league game now?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Yea I can play now Jobber.

jobber

well folks....i have only 1 thing to say....

i suck at road games!

Matrix

Jobber falls...man that was sweet revenge.

Jobber you were as bad as me at fts for a change :lol

jobber

Matrix said:
Jobber falls...man that was sweet revenge.

Jobber you were as bad as me at fts for a change :lol

I forgot how to shoot :(

I remembered my trick to FT's waaaaay in the 4th

I went up by 10 felt kinda bad so I let you back into it. That's my downfall. I love to make a big comeback in the 3rd, but this game was shitty.

but we have 1 more to go....NO MERCY THIS TIME.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I just played Wellie and Lebron wasn't hurt. I wonder if he will be hurt for three games that are supposed to come after the game that he got hurt in.
Where as my game with Wellie was out of order.

Matrix

Anyone want to rumble!!!!!!!!!?

You want another loss Jobbs!

Matrix

13/35 at fts....WHERE WAS THIS SECRET TO MAKING THEM! :p

Also Parker is a fruity little french man.

jobber

Matrix said:
13/35 at fts....WHERE WAS THIS SECRET TO MAKING THEM! :p

Also Parker is a fruity little french man.

I tell you it's a method I use and ever since I threw my controller when I was playing DM, it's been off. Before that I think I missed 3 FT's total!

Parker is cool as the other side of the pillow[/steward scott]

see...

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
You're going to have to stop avoiding me at some point Fifty!

This game is great, I will have to play some offline seasons.

Matrix

Ok there has to be a rule against Konex,dude you let the cpu play D 90% of the time I can deal with that,cause a lot of people do that,but dude your D consists of pressing the charge button to draw charges.Ive never ever had that many in any game against me,some on simple layups on the fast break where you guy's feet were not even planted,yet Im called for charging.

GG you beat me cause you shot better than me and went to the line more and made your fts when it counted,but that charge shit in the first half was pissing me the fuck off.

The game needs a D stance button bad.

jobber

Matrix said:
Ok there has to be a rule against Konex,dude you let the cpu play D 90% of the time I can deal with that,cause a lot of people do that,but dude your D consists of pressing the charge button to draw charges.Ive never ever had that many in any game against me,some on simple layups on the fast break where you guy's feet were not even planted,yet Im called for charging.

GG you beat me cause you shot better than me and went to the line more and made your fts when it counted,but that charge shit in the first half was pissing me the fuck off.

The game needs a D stance button bad.

that gentlemen is why I LOVE the isoMotion spin

Matrix

jobber said:
that gentlemen is why I LOVE the isoMotion spin

I was called twice for chargers on put back dunks with Swift under the basket....how I can iso spin my way out of that?

Cloudy

Banned
The charge is the only defense against folks coming in the lane all day. Don't come barreling in there mindlessly and you won't get called :p

Top Bottom