• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA 2K6 League thread...

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Cloudy said:
The charge is the only defense against folks coming in the lane all day. Don't come barreling in there mindlessly and you won't get called :p

LOL please konex I got called another two times for charging with sura trying to score on a fastbreak layup coming in from an angle,like you always do with Kobe,you know that dunk move you do with Kobe 80% of the time and never get called for charging.

I honestly felt that I was playing you in madden....eh like I said GG,you would have beat me without the charges,but its still truly pussyfied*is that a word,I dont think so* cause you dont play D yourself other than that.

I know what a charge is and sometimes I saw you try to take them out near the 3pt line.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I agree with Matrix. The charge button is so cheap. Anyone that uses it outside of the key is a chauch.
But the whole let the computer play defense thing is just so stupid. I don't understand how anyone can think that the game should be played that way.

Players that don't play manual defense:
Konex
Wellie
FMT
Jobber

Everyone else I have played has at least tried to control the defender with the ball. And the games have been so much better.

The worst I've seen so far is I played someone that used the half court trap pretty much the entire game and then controlled just the PG and manually double teamed.

For all the cheesers out there. If you didn't know already, using the half court trap will let you double team the ball and then you can roam the lane and look for steal oppurtunities and chances to manually triple team the ball in certain situations.

I have only been beaten once by a player that has actually played honest defense. That game was lost to DM and there was nothing I could do against Gordon and Hinrich that game.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
"I have only been beaten once by a player that has actually played honest defense. That game was lost to DM and there was nothing I could do against Gordon and Hinrich that game."

Whats funny is Dm never used to play manual D :lol I think he started trying last year and this year he plays it every game *stands up and claps* I think it was 3 years ago I got in a fight with DM cause I said he was a pussy for letting the cpu play D for him....he laughed at me :(

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
who plays half court D?!?! I want to play them! If that doesn't call for an Ally on every play then I don't know what does.

The way to get out of double teams is when you see the 2 defenders coming towards you press turbo and dribble your way to safety or pass.

You try that 1/2 court trap on me and I'll eat you alive.

The only thing I'm pissed off is the 3 point shooting is broken again.

Fifty

I find fewer people play this game realistically as they would play Madden, but when they do, it can be very good. CK and I both played solid manual D, took plenty of jump shots and posted up often, all things I've seen missing from previous games that are essential to basketball.

I've played games where all people do is drive for dunks/layups and they've been shit. It takes a bit of effort to play realistically but it's worth it.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Fifty said:
I find fewer people play this game realistically as they would play Madden, but when they do, it can be very good. CK and I both played solid manual D, took plenty of jump shots and posted up often, all things I've seen missing from previous games that are essential to basketball.

I've played games where all people do is drive for dunks/layups and they've been shit. It takes a bit of effort to play realistically but it's worth it.

I agree, and I thoroughly enjoyed that game despite the loss! I wish we all would play a little bit more realistically, but what are ya gonna do, right?

It was awesome to play someone who would actually take jump shots. Playing D is a lot tougher than just playing back waiting for the eventual drive.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Truelize said:
I agree with Matrix. The charge button is so cheap. Anyone that uses it outside of the key is a chauch.
But the whole let the computer play defense thing is just so stupid. I don't understand how anyone can think that the game should be played that way.

Players that don't play manual defense:
Konex
Wellie
FMT
Jobber

Everyone else I have played has at least tried to control the defender with the ball. And the games have been so much better.

The worst I've seen so far is I played someone that used the half court trap pretty much the entire game and then controlled just the PG and manually double teamed.

WTF? I play half court trap D all game every game and no one has had trouble scoring on me pretty easily if my record is any indication. In case anyone didn't know, I am the guy that Truelize is referring to as using the PG to double team, which is not true. I use the PG to guard your PG. If you don't use him at all in your offense I just roam by the 3pt line. I just played a game with Fifty in which I had to guard James/Alston all game because he made good use of him, and considering James went 3/13, I'd like to think I did a good job. I played Konex earlier today and he didn't say anything about it.

As far as cheap D goes, always sitting in zone is much worse than what I do. Sorry I use my best defensive player. :rolleyes

Just so everyone knows, this is a conversation Truelize and I had yesterday:

Truelize: manaul double teaming is so fun isnt it
InsecureKillah: uh
InsecureKillah: I rarely did that
Truelize: you never guarded the ball
InsecureKillah: and even if I doubled Lebron you can't deny your play warranted it
InsecureKillah: I was the PG all game
Truelize: i played like that cause you were playing stupid
Truelize: i hate having to shoot with him all the time
InsecureKillah: Playing as on guy on D is playing stupid?
InsecureKillah: one*
Truelize: yes
InsecureKillah: please
Truelize: playing as one guy is cheating
InsecureKillah: How!?
Truelize: because the computer is a much better defender that a human is
InsecureKillah: then use your PG
Truelize: computer wont go for fakes
Truelize: i honestly cont believe that you think that controlling one player and letting the computer do all the work is cool
Truelize: the only player i have that can beat the computer consistantly is Bron. and it is so boring to be forced to shoot with one player.

So Konex, FMT, Jobber and I are the only ones he would use Lebron like that against? He took 23 shots in my game with Lebron, had 37 points. In his game with Fifty, someone who plays fair (According to Truelize!), he took 40 shots with Lebron and dropped 54. In his games with DM and DSal, he took 22 and 20 shots respectively.

If I was going to accuse someone of BS play, I'd be damned sure not to be doing stupid shit as well. He's averaging 34.7 PPG and yet you only really use him a lot against the cheesers on D? Right.

Cloudy

Banned
This half court trap myth is just that. I tried using it against DM last night and he destroyed me with his guards just the same. Then again, if you only shoot with one player, maybe a trap might bother you :D

jobber

Cloudy said:
This half court trap myth is just that. I tried using it against DM last night and he destroyed me with his guards just the same. Then again, if you only shoot with one player, maybe a trap might bother you :D
SA-Parker.jpg

Ramirez

Yea the game is alright if people play straight,my game with Kruza was awesome,but the other games with people scoring 60+ in the paint,not fun. :p

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Sorry about pausing it near the end DSal, I just had to take this picture. I thought the game was officially over though.

10002564xc.opt.jpg

:lol

Dsal

it's going to come out of you and it's going to taste so good
A lot of those were on the break though.
Damnnnnn. You jacked up 19 3s?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Dsal said:
A lot of those were on the break though.
Damnnnnn. You jacked up 19 3s?

Being down 26 in the second kinda helped.

And even if I missed all 19, and you got a fast break on all 19, why would I be in such a rush to take the picture as you saw?

Dsal

Yeah it was good times.
I think Barry did more damage than anyone. He broke the game open for you in the 3rd.

jobber

Dsal said:
Yeah it was good times.
I think Barry did more damage than anyone. He broke the game open for you in the 3rd.

Yea, the CPU does a crap job with subs. Why in the blue hell Marks is playing PF when Rasho is on the bench rested >_<

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Wellington said:
So Konex, FMT, Jobber and I are the only ones he would use Lebron like that against? He took 23 shots in my game with Lebron, had 37 points. In his game with Fifty, someone who plays fair (According to Truelize!), he took 40 shots with Lebron and dropped 54. In his games with DM and DSal, he took 22 and 20 shots respectively.

If I was going to accuse someone of BS play, I'd be damned sure not to be doing stupid shit as well. He's averaging 34.7 PPG and yet you only really use him a lot against the cheesers on D? Right.

Isn't that pretty much explained and proved though? My game with Fifty was at the start of the season before I had made two trades to balance out my team and before I had a clue how to shoot with anyone other than Bron. So it was kind of an exception. That and I was just trying to see how many I could score with him.
I shoot with Bron a lot to fight cheese with cheese. If I'm gonna be playing against a computer controlled defender anyways then I might as well use Bron. At least he has an advantage agaisnt them (it's pretty stupid, half the time I can just hit the right stick and he'll either dunk or throw in some crap layup).
If you switched defenders and defended the ball then I would pass because I would see an open man. I'm not as confident as Jobber to just throw a quick pass. I wind up throwing a lot of bounce passes directly into defenders and such.
But he's only averaging that amount due to the games against Fifty and FMT. And like I said FMT doesn't play manual D so I abused Lebron (Lebron actually had half those points in the overtime period. He got hot and I was just chucking from 5 to 10 feet outside three. Kept testing his range.) In my last couple of games Bron hasn't even broke 30 points.

But if you guys don't agree then you don't agree. I'm not gonna stop trying to make you see my point of thinking.

Everyone mocks Konex for not playing manual D of any sort in Madden but it's ok in NBA?? How does that make sense?

If you don't agree you don't agree.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
You didn't explain or prove anything above. You used three paragraphs to attack my playstyle, one to say not manning up is garbage, and the other to compliment DM. That did nothing to explain why he's got 34.7 PPG and why he is taking so many shots against people that you think are "honest" players.

What you're saying is that you can't find an open man when the CPU is controlling Lebron? That's horseshit and you know it. I know full well that when I play D on anyone's PG I do play off when I can't see him on screen, maybe if you actually involved him in your offense you'd find him pretty easily. Not only that, but against a man to man D like I play, using dual player control or calling one of the designed plays tends to free up someone for a high percentage shot. I'll admit that I'm not very knowledgeable about the sport of basketball at all, but this is basic stuff.

Whatever, I don't care that you use or abuse Lebron as he is the superstar on your team, but to throw me and the rest of those guys under the bus with some BS like you just did is ridiculous. To say that I only use my defender to double the man with the ball is BS. Making sob stories about only being able to bea tthe CPU with Lebron is BS.

Truelize said:
But he's only averaging that amount due to the games against Fifty and FMT. And like I said FMT doesn't play manual D so I abused Lebron (Lebron actually had half those points in the overtime period. He got hot and I was just chucking from 5 to 10 feet outside three. Kept testing his range.) In my last couple of games Bron hasn't even broke 30 points.

In your last three games, played on October 31st and November 3rd according to the league page, Lebron has dropped 37, 31, and 20. I don't know what your definition of breaking 30 points is, but that certainly counts for me.

As far as your point with Madden, don't bring it up, cause you're shooting yourself in the foot. 1) I never too exception to Konex not playing D. 2) How do you play D in Madden? Oh crap, you choose one defender and stick with him throughout the play, like everyone else. That is what I do in NBA.

I don't know if you even want to play our remaining game, but I'll tell you and the league right now that if you start taking that many shots with Lebron, I have to double team him. You know, the same thing that would happen in a real life NBA game?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Wellington said:
You didn't explain or prove anything above. You used three paragraphs to attack my playstyle, one to say not manning up is garbage, and the other to compliment DM. That did nothing to explain why he's got 34.7 PPG and why he is taking so many shots against people that you think are "honest" players.

What you're saying is that you can't find an open man when the CPU is controlling Lebron? That's horseshit and you know it. I know full well that when I play D on anyone's PG I do play off when I can't see him on screen, maybe if you actually involved him in your offense you'd find him pretty easily. Not only that, but against a man to man D like I play, using dual player control or calling one of the designed plays tends to free up someone for a high percentage shot. I'll admit that I'm not very knowledgeable about the sport of basketball at all, but this is basic stuff.

Whatever, I don't care that you use or abuse Lebron as he is the superstar on your team, but to throw me and the rest of those guys under the bus with some BS like you just did is ridiculous. To say that I only use my defender to double the man with the ball is BS. Making sob stories about only being able to bea tthe CPU with Lebron is BS.

In your last three games, played on October 31st and November 3rd according to the league page, Lebron has dropped 37, 31, and 20. I don't know what your definition of breaking 30 points is, but that certainly counts for me.

As far as your point with Madden, don't bring it up, cause you're shooting yourself in the foot. 1) I never too exception to Konex not playing D. 2) How do you play D in Madden? Oh crap, you choose one defender and stick with him throughout the play, like everyone else. That is what I do in NBA.

I don't know if you even want to play our remaining game, but I'll tell you and the league right now that if you start taking that many shots with Lebron, I have to double team him. You know, the same thing that would happen in a real life NBA game?

I'll expect the double teams. Cause just like in real life Lebron scores a lot of points. 37 points isn't abusing a player at all man.
Dude you took more shots and scored more points with Jefferson in our game. I have never accused you of abusing him at all. Why is my 37 points with Lebron abuse but your 40 with Jefferson isn't? Cause neither of them are. You shot a lot with Jefferson cause he was hot. Period. You would have been a moron to not shoot with him when he was hitting them like that.
Nothing changes the fact that I do not agree that only controlling one defender the entire game is the correct way to play the game. Nothing ever will. I have fought this war for 4 years now. I know I wont win. Oh well. (I switch players in Madden during a play. Maybe that's why I get burnt).

I don't have a problem with playing our remaining game. Why would I? I didn't throw you under any bus. I said I don't like the way you play defense. Oh well.
I didn't insult you or your mother or anything.

And I'm not sure how you can call me a liar when I say that I have problems finding the open man while playing this game. Um... gee I do have problems with finding the open man. And I do get worried about turnovers during tight games. And I have one player other than Lebron that can catch and shoot consistantly. And if he isn't on the floor than I will do my best to take my time and either wait for an open player (which I have trouble seeing) or just freakin shoot with Lebron.

Lets play today. I'll be available in a couple of hours.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
As I said in my post before this, I don't care how you use Lebron, just don't throw my D play under the bus - was the original point. I bring up Lebron because you said it's garbage to play with him like that all game (see our conversation above), not me, and you said you only do it against people that play BS D.

jobber

The Following Teams Are On The Stop Running From Me List:

Jazz
Warriors (I will destroy you and your dog)
Raptors
Cavs

kthxbi

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I might be available tonight for a game Jobber. But I know it's Monday night Raw so your schedule is filled. But we shall see.

jobber

Truelize said:
I might be available tonight for a game Jobber. But I know it's Monday night Raw so your schedule is filled. But we shall see.

don't forget Spurs/Bulls!

I might use my TV tuner and play. I'll be home around 7pm-ish.

Dsal

Matrix, if you want to get our game due for this week out of the way tonight I'll be around at 6pst.

Fifty

Will anyone take Jalen Rose off my hands? I can't stand having him on my team, and he could actually put up solid numbers for someone who trades for him. He's not bad in 2K, I just don't enjoy using this team cancer. He's rated 81

jobber

Fifty said:
Will anyone take Jalen Rose off my hands? I can't stand having him on my team, and he could actually put up solid numbers for someone who trades for him. He's not bad in 2K, I just don't enjoy using this team cancer. He's rated 81

I'll trade you Sean Marks and Devin Brown

Fifty

come on, this isn't the real nba! young players aren't valuable just because they're young!

What was the old saying.....oh, I remember "Two 67's don't make an 81"

If Ramirez was still participating, I'd try to swing a trade for Iguodala, who's rated 79 and plays the same position. Maybe we can make the trade anyway?

jobber

I'll give you Rasho OR Glenn Rob. Mind you, remember last time someone rejected my trade and what said player did in that game...*cough*

Fifty

That's more reasonable. But first I want to see if there's any way I can get Ramirez off his ass to give me Iggy since he's one of my favorite players in the NBA and it'd be a good trade..plus he's just going to waste over there! Poor Philly players. :(

Fifty

Bosh is worth just about same as Richardson 1for1, if you include his rebounds and blocks, I'd say he's more valuable to me, and he's the only player I can feel proud of having on my team besides Charlie. That would be like you trading your favorite niner for someone of equal worth, just not gonna happen!

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
just played fifty, who wants to play I am in the lobby, and konex how do u advance a league that isnt being played in order?\\ maybe I missed something, quote something from earlier posts please

Fifty

I know, it does seem pretty weird. If we're playing out of order, why punish people for not playing their games in order?

jobber

omg....
Malley you hung with me the whole game

That game will be one to remember tho. Parker getting past 25 points is usually my downfall but he was hitting everything. If made my FT's instead of laughing off my chair I would've got 50. Great Game. I look forward to our playoff series.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
yea man gg, u basically parkerd me to death, but he was hot all game, literally could not miss... we will meet again eventually and I will need to bring something for that kid

Kruza

Whoa, looks like I'm behind.

For those who I have league games left with, I'll be online with NBA 2K6 from 7pm-10pm ET tonight. If you want to play just let me know in-game.

Kruza

Dsal

I'll be around tonight as well. Priority goes to my game with Matrix (due date today), but he hasn't been on for a few days :(.

jobber

I'll be gone from Sunday morning til Thursday Afternoon next week so if I didn't play you yet, I'll be free the next couple of nights after 7pm est and all day Friday and Saturday.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Kruza said:
Whoa, looks like I'm behind.

For those who I have league games left with, I'll be online with NBA 2K6 from 7pm-10pm ET tonight. If you want to play just let me know in-game.

Kruza

Will you ever be on AIM at all ever? Is your handle still Kruza75?

konex and all of my future opponents: when november 22nd hits, this game is going into the trash (i.e. to gamerush/eb/gamestop/whoever for trade). i can't guarantee i can get all my reg. season games in, although ill try. you can forefit loss the ones i dont get done. but if the playoffs aren't done before then i can't be held responsible for my actions :D

jobber

yea, the playoffs should start next week..If I can't get any internet connection in my hotel, I'll play my first round series when I get back all in 1 night if I need to.

Fifty

I knew 24 games was too many :(

I'm enjoying the game now, provided my opponent plays realistically.....It's a shame that we won't be able to finish. One of the 360 games I'm most excited about (well 2) are the basketball games, and whichever one I get will take up all my basketball gaming energy....so naturally I won't be playing this once the 22nd comes along.

jobber

then lets try to finish the season in the next couple of days! I've got 4 games left: 2 with Fifty, Dsal, and True.

Edit: I'm already in the 2nd round of the playoffs in my franchise so I'm done after I finish this league unless 360's are all dried up :(

Fifty

At least I can hit FT's like a motherfucker. 12/15 tonight. Oh yeah....The main reason I'd consider getting this for the 360 would be so I could continue my domination in the free throw category.

GG CK.....I've got to tell you, as a hardcore raptors fan, nothing....nothing is worse than losing to that cocksucking piece of shit asshole Vince Carter. It's like FMT losing to Favre.....except in this case I actually have a legitimate reason to hate the player

Top Bottom