• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Vue axing Viacom networks on Nov 11th, adding BBCA, VICE, and more

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Yep I was a massive fan of Vue, but I guess a service like this is too good to be true. Both my cousin and I have dropped the sub. My cousin dropped it because of CC, I'm pissed we dropped it, but my GF is crazy about a couple of those channels, we're just gonna put the money towards a better comcast package... Hate not being able to use my own equipment.

Yep I was a massive fan of Vue, but I guess a service like this is too good to be true. Both my cousin and I have dropped the sub. My cousin dropped it because of CC, I'm pissed we dropped it, but my GF is crazy about a couple of those channels, we're just gonna put the money towards a better comcast package... Hate not being able to use my own equipment.

It's happened on other services from time to time. Viacom tries to muscle cash and if they don't get their way, they leave. If things are bad enough on Viacom's end, they'll renegotiate.

Not surprising, people think that it's the cable companies that put these bundles or group of channels but really its the mega broadcasters that insist on forcing 3 channels for every 1 that people want and then charging more for the package

KodaRuss

Going to talk to the wife regarding this but I might keep Vue and give Viacom the finger. My son watches one show on Nick JR (Wallykazam) which we can get on Amazon (and have already bought a bunch of episodes). This really sucks though

poodaddy

Comedy Central is the only loss here, the rest is poison. It's a bummer to lose Comedy Central for sure though.

Toki767

Networks seem so short-sighted over this. In the long run people are going to cut out cable. All Viacom is doing is making it so less people have access to their channels which means less people are watching them and choosing to watch something else.

Networks seem so short-sighted over this. In the long run people are going to cut out cable. All Viacom is doing is making it so less people have access to their channels which means less people are watching them and choosing to watch something else.

This really isn't a cord cutting thing. These kinds of disputes have been happening on cable and satellite for years. It's two big companies playing a game of chicken.

raidersx

This too.

They also haven't said if you'll be able to have a PS4 Pro and a PS4 utilizing VUE on the same network. I'm desperately hoping that's a yes because PS3 Vue performance is still abysmal.

As it stands right now no it wont work since it's tied to your psn account which only one can be logged in at a time, I dont see them changing that.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I find sony's actions commedable in holding their ground against getting gouged, but at the same time i think they will regret it. This will most definitely hurt their subs though. Like people said nickelodeon is huge for famillies, and comedy central, MTV, etc. will be tough for a lot of people to swallow. It's a bummer because it was far and away the best tv service I've had.

digdug2k

It sucks they didn't send out any real messaging around this (or did they and I missed it?) I think I'm just kinda irked they knocked out a chunk of the channels we actually watch and didn't tell us or adjust the price to reflect it.

EDIT: Meh. Dumb to complain. Cable. Just sad that I"m back with a typical cable company.

It sucks they didn't send out any real messaging around this (or did they and I missed it?) I think I'm just kinda irked they knocked out a chunk of the channels we actually watch and didn't tell us or adjust the price to reflect it.

EDIT: Meh. Dumb to complain. Cable. Just sad that I"m back with a typical cable company.

With cable you just pay three times as much to still randomly lose channels at irregular intervals.

Bgamer90

Banned
The only thing that bums me out about this is that I was pumped for the 30th Anniversary Double Dare special airing later this month and now I can't watch it with Vue.

Sling TV doesn't have normal Nickelodeon (which is very strange) but the special will air a few hours later on TeenNick so I guess I'll still get a new trail of Sling; Or I guess I could just wait for the Double Dare special to pop up on YouTube -- I'm positive that it will.

Top Bottom