• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Official April 22nd Primary Thread (Democrat Apocalypse)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
scorcho said:
these 'media conspiracies' against Obama are quite an interesting read. when is APF unbanned?

not really a media conspiracy. look back in the through the thread, people have been calling almost exactly what the media ends up doing. its almost freaky actually.

Particle Physicist

scorcho said:
so when the networks focus on edited, truncated sound clips of Wright they are damned.

but when they decide to air an entire speech to give a fuller picture they are still damned.

Wright is in the public eye, and that was his first major appearance since the youtube clip went viral. his appearances the entire weekend seemed coordinated with the Moyers interview, so IMO it was fully justified.

explain why hagee is all but ignored by the MSM?

and before you say.. obama knew wright for 20 years. obama had to reject and denounce an unwanted endorsement from farrakhan.. mccain refused to reject hagee's endorsement, and yet the media stays silent.

GhaleonEB

quadriplegicjon said:
explain why hagee is all but ignored by the MSM?

and before you say.. obama knew wright for 20 years. obama had to reject and denounce an unwanted endorsement from farrakhan.. mccain refused to reject hagee's endorsement, and yet the media stays silent.
And unlike Farrakhan, McCain actively sought out Hagee's endorsement and has said several times that he's glad to have it.

GhaleonEB said:
And unlike Farrakhan, McCain actively sought out Hagee's endorsement and has said several times that he's glad to have it.
You've got two separate agendas against the Democrats that still holds weight in the media, hell the country on the whole.

Both Clinton and Obama would have to work hard to fight against female and black oppression.

McCain is the sole white guy in this GE.

The media will favor him unfairly because of that.

Lemonz

mckmas8808 said:
So is this going to get reported on? I mean they talked about this on TV for a few days. Crying saying that now Obama could hurt the dems because of J. Wright.

But now that this guy won, shouldn't that mean that J. Wright's association to Obama is not seen to be as bad as the MSM is making it out to be?
Donna Brazille just mentioned that those ads had backfired. I think that's all we're going to be hearing from MSM about this.

Tamanon

Banned
By the way, C-Span is showing a rally from Friday by Michelle Obama. She can really give an effective speech.

Plus it's nice to see that you don't have to wear a pantsuit to be considered powerful.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Tamanon said:
Starting to sound like anyone we know? Say....a current president?
I've been trying to convince friends and colleagues of this for months. Hillary Clinton's the Bush of the left. Regardless of her policy positions, 4-8 more years of this toxic rhetoric and forthright anti-intellectualism would be devastating.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
obamaguns.jpg

Did Hillary switch parties and nobody told me?

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Funky Papa said:
Did Hillary switch parties and nobody told me?

This shift into this rural based common woman from the factories has been so fascinating in that apparently voters recently are starting to buy it.

It's absolutely incredible.

Tamanon

Banned
It makes no sense, especially considering her own 180 on the issue in Pennsylvania. She has been a firm proponent on strict handgun laws then suddenly switched when Obama's "cling" comments came out. Just dirty campaigning that would really hurt her in the general too.

Tamanon said:
It makes no sense, especially considering her own 180 on the issue in Pennsylvania. She has been a firm proponent on strict handgun laws then suddenly switched when Obama's "cling" comments came out. Just dirty campaigning that would really hurt her in the general too.
Which is why she's unelectable.

One of many reasons.

It's not like there isn't many more things that will come up. Hell she's been in the public eye for a long fucking time. From what we can tell the worst Obama's past has to offer is a pastor. One hell of a pastor, one might say, but a pastor.

Clinton's dirty laundry list is huge.

thekad

Banned
"Elite opunion?" Is she really acting like she puts her faith in regular Joes off the street for sole advice on something as complex as the economy? I wish the MSM would call her out on her stupid, Bush-esque pandering, but alas, there are angry black men we must protect America's children from.

Tamanon

Banned
thekad said:
"Elite opunion?" Is she really acting like she puts her faith in regular Joes off the street for sole advice on something as complex as the economy? I wish the MSM would call her out on her stupid, Bush-esque pandering, but alas, there are angry black men we must protect America's children from.

CNN had a little roundtable with Blitzer where they said all 3 candidates know it's pandering and not a good idea, but Obama shouldn't oppose it because people like saving money in the short run instead of the long run.

Sule

I just learned from Late Edition on CNN International that Obama is culturally out of touch with people because he proposes a long term plan to solve the gas price problem and doesn't give people nine(?) dollars a month extra RIGHT NOW, like hillary and McCain, so that they can buy a pizza margarita or school supplies. Also, it took Wolf and his best political team on cable television ''weeks'' to find a difference in Hillary's and Obama's economic plan... the gas price thing. Gotta love it when CNN international switches over from Kristie Lu Stout to their US shows.

thekad said:
Sadly I had hope that she would be different then her past indicated, but when push came to shove, she decided to pander to the worst of American society, while Obama is trying to speak to our best.

GhaleonEB

On election day, a number of homes in Baton Rouge's predominantly black neighborhoods were phoned with a tape-recorded message asking black voters to teach white Democrats a lesson by staying home and not casting ballots.
The ad signed off as "Friends of Michael Jackson."

Jackson, a Democratic state representative defeated by Cazayoux in the primary runoff, said he was not involved or connected in any way with the calls. Jackson said he will run for the seat in November.
Heh. That'll teach'em.

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/18556984.html?index=1&c=y

thekad

Banned
No wonder CNN supports Hillary; they both function under the same belief that trifling politics is more important than the future of this nation.

Shirokun

Holy shit! Every time I turn on the news, it literally takes less than 15 seconds before these hacks mention Rev. Wright. Why has my life turned into a scene from a sitcom every time I turn on the news?

On Fox news they just received a string of letters saying, "stop talking about Rev. Wright!". It would be funny if Fox is the first station to drop this crap(but even funnier if they kept it up:lol ).

gcubed

considering with all that went on, she only held a statistically significant lead over him for one day... i'll take it. He'll be up for quite a while now.

syllogism

Latest NC early voting numbers have black turnout at 40%, very good news even if it drops a bit on Tuesday. SurveyUSA poll had it only at 33%.

woeds

It's pretty clear now that Hillary is a republican politician with liberal views who happens to be a DNC member.

syllogism said:
Latest NC early voting numbers have black turnout at 40%, very good news even if it drops a bit on Tuesday. SurveyUSA poll had it only at 33%.

thats awesome. how much did SUSA have obama winning by with a 33% black turnout?

Particle Physicist

Tamanon said:
CNN had a little roundtable with Blitzer where they said all 3 candidates know it's pandering and not a good idea, but Obama shouldn't oppose it because people like saving money in the short run instead of the long run.

*smacks forehead*

they were seriously defending it??!!

:(

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Politico's reader comment of the day so far

We all know where Barack stands. We all know where black people stand and why. Take your racism back to your "churches" and keep it OUT OF THE WHITE HOUSE.

Posted By: True Patriot. | May 04, 2008 at 01:46 PM

Also, on a side note...
Excellent point: In Houston, a Texan protesting amnesty for illegal immigrants argues that anyone who can't master English doesn't deserve to live in America.
english5.jpg

I believe that all countries should have at least one official language, but come on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom