• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Official April 22nd Primary Thread (Democrat Apocalypse)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mj1108

Sule said:
I just learned from Late Edition on CNN International that Obama is culturally out of touch with people because he proposes a long term plan to solve the gas price problem and doesn't give people nine(?) dollars a month extra RIGHT NOW, like hillary and McCain, so that they can buy a pizza margarita or school supplies. Also, it took Wolf and his best political team on cable television ''weeks'' to find a difference in Hillary's and Obama's economic plan... the gas price thing. Gotta love it when CNN international switches over from Kristie Lu Stout to their US shows.

This shows exactly how stupid CNN is.

XxenobladerxX said:
Go outside.
not literally, silly!

also:

JamesCarvilleAsSmeagol.jpg

ralexand

100% logic failure rate
GhaleonEB said:
Double wow!
well.. they had previously explain why it's such a horrible idea. i posted the cnn video somewhere in this thread. so i wasnt really expecting them to do a 180.

A bad idea isn't necessarily a bad political move.

We'll see Tuesday.

Triumph

Banned
quadriplegicjon said:
*smacks forehead*

they were seriously defending it??!!

:(
Even worse, they were admitting that it was a bad idea and wouldn't work, but saying that Obama should support it in order to pander to voters since apparently the populace doesn't like having to think about shit.

What's so bad about it is that they're probably right.

ralexand

100% logic failure rate
The Clinton campaign must know they already won Indiana since they are asking if Obama's campaign is sticking by their prediction 3 months ago that they would win Indiana in that leaked memo.

CoolTrick

Banned
Um, brainiacs, the AA turnout in NC could end up higher than 33%, but suggesting that because the kinds of people that vote early -- people that will not change their minds -- when Obama has a guaranteed 90% demographic block, means that that is going to follow through to the primary and AA turnout will be 40% is just beyond stupid.

Triumph

Banned
CoolTrick said:
Um, brainiacs, the AA turnout in NC could end up higher than 33%, but suggesting that because the kinds of people that vote early -- people that will not change their minds -- when Obama has a guaranteed 90% demographic block, means that that is going to follow through to the primary and AA turnout will be 40% is just beyond stupid.
What's your prediction for NC?

RiskyChris said:
Is there a lot of GOTV I can do on Tuesday in Indiana? Should I go to my local Obama office tomorrow?
ABSOLUTELY. Go go go go. Go now.

syllogism

CoolTrick said:
It's certainly more likely than not that it will be higher than 33% when of the 400k who have already voted 40.6% were black. The vast majority of all likely voters have made up their minds and I believe african-americans have been underpresented among early voters if anything. Having said that, I do not expect it to stay at 40.6%, but anything above 33% would be very good news for Obama. No one said it would be 40%, but I'm sure you knew that.

e: also 90% would be great news as all the polls so far have it below that. You seem pretty optimistic about Obama's chances then.

Triumph

Banned
syllogism said:
It's certainly more likely than not that it will be higher than 33% when of the 400k who have already voted 40.6% were black. The vast majority of all likely voters have made up their minds and I believe african-americans have been underpresented among early voters if anything. Having said that, I do not expect it to stay at 40.6%, but anything above 33% would be very good news for Obama. No one said it would be 40%, but I'm sure you knew that.
He's soooo passive aggressive. Pops in to insult us and then runs and hides. smh.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Triumph said:
He's soooo passive aggressive. Pops in to insult us and then runs and hides. smh.

He totally bailed when we asked him for his General election prediction :/

oh and nice tag :lol

Triumph

Banned
grandjedi6 said:
He totally bailed when we asked him for his General election prediction :/

oh and nice tag :lol
Yeah, I'm betting that was bishop.

As for CT, I bet he's completely incapable of making a GE prediction that doesn't have his sweetheart Hillary Clinton in it.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Triumph said:
Yeah, I'm betting that was bishop.

As for CT, I bet he's completely incapable of making a GE prediction that doesn't have his sweetheart Hillary Clinton in it.

He's the one who jumped into the fire, claiming Obama couldn't win Virginia ever. Even PD finally gave a prediction.

CoolTrick

Banned
Lol @ you people. You of all people have got some nerve trying to demand predictions of people, Triumph. You didnt have the balls to stand by the terms of your Texas prediction, so kindly stfu. Whoever wins the general will win it easily.

People that vote early when it's not too far in advance were not going to change their mind. Obama won early vote in Texas with lots of early votes from Houston and Dallas. The Obama campaign targets blacks to vote early. Doesn't mean AA turnout is going to be, % wise, that much greater. Didn't happen in Philly or in Texas.

thekad

Banned
CoolTrick said:
Lol @ you people. You of all people have got some nerve trying to demand predictions of people, Triumph. Whoever wins the general will win it easily.

People that vote early when it's not too far in advance were not going to change their mind. Obama won early vote in Texas with lots of early votes from Houston and Dallas. The Obama campaign targets blacks to vote early. Doesn't mean AA turnout is going to be, % wise, that much greater. Didn't happen in Philly or in Texas.
So who is going to win NC?

Tamanon

Banned
CoolTrick said:
Lol @ you people. You of all people have got some nerve trying to demand predictions of people, Triumph. You didnt have the balls to stand by the terms of your Texas prediction, so kindly stfu. Whoever wins the general will win it easily.

How does the Obama campaign "target" blacks to vote early?:p

CoolTrick

Banned
thekad said:
So who is going to win NC?

Did Rev Wright hurt Obama with those cote Clinton constituencies?

I love how Rev Wright came back since I asked that q.

Poor thekad, too scared to give a yes or no answer.

Clinton Camp Considering Nuclear Option To Overtake Delegate Lead

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/05/04/clinton-camp-considering_n_100051.html
Hillary Clinton's campaign has a secret weapon to build its delegate count, but her top strategists say privately that any attempt to deploy it would require a sharp (and by no means inevitable) shift in the political climate within Democratic circles by the end of this month.

With at least 50 percent of the Democratic Party's 30-member Rules and Bylaws Committee committed to Clinton, her backers could -- when the committee meets at the end of this month -- try to ram through a decision to seat the disputed 210-member Florida and 156-member Michigan delegations. Such a decision would give Clinton an estimated 55 or more delegates than Obama, according to Clinton campaign operatives. The Obama campaign has declined to give an estimate.

Using the Rules and Bylaws Committee to force the seating of two pro-Hillary delegations would provoke a massive outcry from Obama forces. Such a strategy would, additionally, face at least two other major hurdles, and could only be attempted, according to sources in the Clinton camp, under specific circumstances:

Tamanon

Banned
I can't see it happening, personally. The only way it could happen is if she had no superdelegate slippage at that time, and I can't see the supers standing behind something where the nomination is stolen in convention.

thekad

Banned
CoolTrick said:
Did Rev Wright hurt Obama with those cote Clinton constituencies?

I love how Rev Wright came back since I asked that q.

Poor thekad, too scared to give a yes or no answer.
I've answered your question plenty of times, though this is an entirely different one. I suppose it is not really shocking for a Hillary supporter to employ the tactic of moving the goal posts.

And I'll just take that as a Yes; you do believe Hillary will win NC.

Triumph

Banned
CoolTrick said:

Hey turdburglar, it's not MY fault that I was unbanned. I was completely fine with it, and actually didn't notice I was unbanned until like a week after the fact. And anyway, TX was a split really.

So. Who is going to win NC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom