• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii have taken over! From a reliable source..

koam

Tabris said:
Yes. A real gamer would go to where the games are, and all the high quality games OUT right now are on the 360. So a real gamer would be cheering for the 360 (which he would have purchased) until those 2 games on the Wii came out, which he would then cheer for both consoles to do well.

Only reason I want Nintendo to fail is because of people like you :) I still own a Wii and will cheer on those specific games.

Yes because people only buy consoles for the games that are out now and don't consider future purchases ever. If you were a real gamer, you'd be drooling over metroid prime 3 which is coming out on tuesday.

ivysaur12

Banned
Dr_Cogent said:
A real gamer would know there isn't shit for the Wii still. Yeah, the waggle hype is great and all - but you need games to go along with it.

Wii is a barren wasteland as far as I am concerned. Needs way more good software.

I've only bought Legend of Zelda for it, I'm waiting for Super Mario Galaxy.

Pretty weak.

God, I wish we had an eye rolling smiley.

Everyone has different tastes. Just because you only want two games on the Wii doesn't mean shit for anyone else. Personally, I'm having a blast playing Strikers and Madden while I wait for Metroid, Dewy's Adventure, Zack & Wiki, Battalion Wars 2, Geometry Wars, NiGHTS, Trauma Center, Mario, and Smash Bros. And there are other games, like MySims and Endless Ocean, which aren't really my type, that are going to be great for some people.

I like the 360 as much as the next guy, but to say that the Wii has nothing to play or will have nothing to play is just laughable.

Kosma

Banned
All this bitch fighting over what it means to be a real gamer is BS.

I'm a player
bitchz
don't make me slap you!

koam said:
Yes because people only buy consoles for the games that are out now and don't consider future purchases ever. If you were a real gamer, you'd be drooling over metroid prime 3 which is coming out on tuesday.

I... I'm not a real gamer?

MY LIFE IS A LIE!!!

*runs out of thread sobbing*

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Tabris said:
Yes. A real gamer would go to where the games are...

That's why "real gamers" are buying DS systems in droves. Seems they're buying up Wiis in droves too. If they aren't, then the scary part is, Nintendo doesn't even need "real gamers" to put the hammer down and take the worldwide lead in eight months.

Then again, "real gamers" will jump high at games from SquareEnix on DS or Nintendo on either system. SquareEnix doesn't even have to put out another original game this entire generation, and "real gamers" will masturbate over any remake they put out. Whether it's Dragon Quest or Final Fantasy. Once again, all Nintendo has to do is shit out another Mario, Zelda, Metroid, etc. Real gamers back to masturbating.

Or perhaps, it's just a hard pill to swallow in that "real gamers" just aren't as important as they think they are anymore. I know it has been for me.

Jirotrom

DeaconKnowledge said:
But that's the thing: The DS WASN'T a mini-game fest. It was a "Oh shit, let's cram touch screen and mic controls into everything and see what sticks" machine in its infancy. But as developers got Acclimated with the system, we started seeing gems like Final Fantasy 3 and games like Contra. The Wii is no different.

This is why the latest troll attempts of "Real gamers like X" are completely nonsensical. Real gamers like diversity. This is why the NES, SNES, Playstation, PS2, and now Wii are so successful. Nintendo has hit everyone with such a huge shotgun of games that they'll catch a huge magnitude of people. Some will stay for the casual parlour games, others will stay for the 40 hour grindfests, and others still will stay for the mature offerings.

If Nintendo learned from any mistake they made last gen (and this is a lesson MS should learn as well) It was to stop focusing like a laser beam and start shotgunning. THAT was the reason the Playstation line was successful, that's why the XBOX and 360 are pulling in mediocre hardware numbers, and that's why the Wii is and will kick ass for the rest of the gen.
I was trying to feed into the outside lookers point of view...I should have stated that the DS appeared to be a minigame fest on its arrival.

Haunted

:lol nice to see so much love and respect for Nintendo in this thread.

kudos, big N - biggest and quickest turnaround the industry has ever seen, massive industry growth initiated by the DS and now continued with the Wii. Bigger industry = more sales = more games being made = being a gamer has never been better. :D

Rezbit said:
You know, the video game industry is a lot like Rocky movies. It's like, Nintendo is Rocky, Microsoft is Ivan Drago and PS3 is Apollo Creed.
That actually works. :lol

Haunted One said:
:lol nice to see so much love and respect for Nintendo in this thread.

kudos, big N - biggest and quickest turnaround the industry has ever seen, massive industry growth initiated by the DS and now continued with the Wii. Bigger industry = more sales = more games being made = being a gamer has never been better. :D

That actually works. :lol
so nintendo and sony had a fight that went to a split decision? nintendo lost and then they had a rematch and nintendo won and they became best friends. then sony taught nintendo how to be just like them and they beat Mr T. then microsoft killed sony and nintendo went and beat microsoft to avenge their friend's death and russia cheered them to the win?

jmdajr

I don't think hardcore gamers should worry, which is I guess the biggest worry.

3rd party sales are very strong on the 360, so those type of games will still be made. Absolutely.

Nintendo is in their own little world making money for themselves.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Bowen_B said:
Selling to people who have to be fed by others and shit their pants?

Nintendo is for babies confirmed!

With that and the above comment hwo the hell are you not banned? if that was about PS2 back in the day or Xbox 360 or PS3 it would be an instant ban, but as its Nintendo it's ok? pah!

There's no such thing as a real gamer.

Hey guys, I'm a REAL TV viewer! I watch Lost and 24, not shit like Friends and Fox News! I'M REAL. I'M HARDCORE.

TheGreatDave said:

Hey guys, I'm a REAL TV viewer! I watch Lost and 24, not shit like Friends and Fox News! I'M REAL. I'M HARDCORE.
i'd believe you based on your avatar alone.

Kosma

Banned
TheGreatDave said:

This is funny because you have a Twin Peaks avatar.

Twin Peaks is hardcore, I'm currently on episode 2 of season 2. All other shows (excluding X-Files first few seasons] are casual.

jmdajr

:lol

I'm guessing you haven't checked the list

what list is that? link? are we talking wii here?

I don't give a fuck of where the wii is at. On top, the bottom.
I just know it's the one I play the least. And either way, 3rd party support on there is complete shit.

oo Kosma oo said:
This is funny because you have a Twin Peaks avatar.

Twin Peaks is hardcore, I'm currently on episode 2 of season 2. All other shows (excluding X-Files first few seasons] are casual.

Twin Peaks makes the real world news reports look like fluff. Casual viewers :(

tanod

when is my burrito
I, for one, congratulate our new Wii overlords. Way to completely sweep the rug out from under MS and their 1 year head start! :D

It still doesn't change the fact that I'm waiting until it's $100 to buy one.

tanod said:
I, for one, congratulate our new Wii overlords. Way to completely sweep the rug out from under MS and their 1 year head start! :D

It still doesn't change the fact that I'm waiting until it's $100 to buy one.

You may be waiting a long time seeing as the PS2 isn't there yet.

castle007

Banned
OMG YES :D

Finally!! All those years of hard work have paid off. I can finally walk down the street wearing a nintendo shirt and have a big smile on my face. Nothing will stop me. I have lived through the hard times. I caried the pain with me for a long time. But no more of that pain!!! NO MORE

I am so glad that my favorite company is back on top. It is such a special feeling to know that the only company that wants to put a smile on my face is finally getting the respect that it deserves.

All those hours I have spent making Miis and laughing at those silly bunnies have finally paid off.

I want to go on top of my house and just tell everyone NINTENDO IS BACK. NINTENDO IS BACK NINTENDO IS BACK!!

Grecco

Tabris is pretty much a joke poster. Why the heck are you guys wasting time arguing with him and ruining the thread into a convulted argument about "real gamers"?

Kosma

Banned
castle007 said:

Finally!! All those years of hard work have paid off. I can finally walk down the street wearing a nintendo shirt and have a big smile on my face. Nothing will stop me. I have lived through the hard times. I caried the pain with me for a long time. But no more of that pain!!! NO MORE

I am so glad that my favorite company is back on top. It is such a special feeling to know that the only company that wants to put a smile on my face is finally getting the respect that it deserves.

All those hours I have spent making Miis and laughing at those silly bunnies have finally paid off.

I want to go on top of my house and just tell everyone NINTENDO IS BACK. NINTENDO IS BACK NINTENDO IS BACK!!

ifthisisnotajokepostyouneedtogetlaidmoreoften.mov

Jirotrom

jmdajr said:

3rd party sales are very strong on the 360, so those type of games will still be made. Absolutely.

thankyou for your assessment I can only hope others will read your post.

DKII

Banned
koam said:
..GAF!

...This is taken from GAF numbers (compiled in the takeover thread) and not VG Chartz...

Wii

Australia - 138,192
Europe - 2,870,000
Japan - 3,424,139
Canada - 313,956
US - 3,615,000

TOTAL - 10,361,287
______

Australia - 195,056
Europe - 3,250,000
Japan - 402,381
Canada - 403,500
US - 5,950,000

TOTAL - 10,200,937

Interesting that you claim to have not taken it from VG Chartz and yet your numbers are almost exactly what they have. ;>

jmdajr

Fragamemnon said:
If all I had to play video games on was a Wii, I'd just play war/board games instead. The system is a festering pile of shit for anyone with remotely sophisticated gaming tastes provided they aren't VC-mongering nostalgia monkeys.

I'm not saying it doesn't work for a lot of people-it does, hence its success, but that statement is flat out wrong as a blanket statement.

:lol

Jirotrom

castle007 said:

you sound like Moku...

Grecco said:
Tabris is pretty much a joke poster. Why the heck are you guys wasting time arguing with him and ruining the thread into a convulted argument about "real gamers"?

Reading the last answers in this fuck up of a thread, I had even forgotten what this thread was about initially... Please proceed to whatever discussion was taking place before.

I wonder what the situation would have been like if the Wii had of been nearer the 360 in graphical terms. Would have been higher price + larger box... may have resulted in doing worse actually. Guess we'll never know.

fistfulofmetal said:
Being 100% honest, if all I had was a Wii I would be a pretty sad gamer. There absolutely nothing out on the Wii right now that justifies it's existence for me.

I'd be pretty sad if I only owned 1 console. Wii60 is the best combination for now IMO.

*Goes back to playing Pac-Man CE instead of Bioshock*

tanod

when is my burrito
DKII said:
Interesting that you claim to have not taken it from VG Chartz and yet your numbers are almost exactly what they have. ;>

GAF > Internet > GAF

You're still a junior here so I don't think you quite understand how game news "REALLY" breaks on the internet yet. Get used to seeing this happen a lot.

koam

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
So we can say that Wii has passed half of Gamecube's LTD is less then one year. Crazy !

GCN was over 22 million, so not yet.

Considering we have a detailed thread on GAF explaining where all those numbers come from, who do you think copied who? ******** just steals GAF number and increases the by some fucktarded % that ioi invented to make them look more recent or whatever. Their numbers are what ioi wants them to be.

Rezbit said:
You know, the video game industry is a lot like Rocky movies. It's like, Nintendo is Rocky, Microsoft is Ivan Drago and PS3 is Apollo Creed.

Nah, Nintendo is Rocky, Sega, Apollo Creed (the champ, equalled and the bested by Nintendo, then killed by Microsoft, the exhibition match was the dreamcast), Sony is Clubber Lang (beat Nintendo, but then Nintendo regains his spirit to fight and retakes the title) and Microsoft is Drago (kills Sega, dukes it out with Nintendo, starts off kicking ass but no matter how hard he pummels Nintendo he just won't go down, eventually loses.)

jmdajr said:

It's not little.

Top Bottom