• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wimbledon 2014 |OT| Best Sport on Grass

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIMIC

Banned
In all honesty, he deserved that.

Well done, Novak (although I would have preferred an RG to a lame Wimby, lol)

LuuKyK

ib18eCuafCiTv0.jpg
ib18eCuafCiTv0.jpg
ib18eCuafCiTv0.jpg
ib18eCuafCiTv0.jpg
ib18eCuafCiTv0.jpg
ib18eCuafCiTv0.jpg
ib18eCuafCiTv0.jpg

OP was right.

Peru

Shitty way to end it. What's up with building up hope from a hopeless situation and then losing it in a wet fart kind of way.

Congrats, Djoker. You were the better player overall today (no disrespect to Fed), and as such deserved to win.

I guess Fed will have to wait another year to claim a record-setting 8th title.

Yeah baby! Totally deserved. He made it hard for himself. Should've closed it out in the 4th. Marvelous game from Novak. Amazing groundstrokes. That might have been the best defensive game I've seen roger play.

Jinto

That was some quality tennis. I'm not much of a Federer fan, but he's the best of all time.

As for Djokovic, if he keeps serving like this, he's gonna be pretty unstoppable during the hard court season.

Kensuke

Federer has nothing to be ashamed of. Sure, he made some errors, but that's part of his game.

It was an awesome match. Federer winning would have made it legendary, but it can't always happen.

Diamond

Sad for Roger but Djokovic just was superior in baseline rallies. He couldn't conclude in the fourth but was always great on defense. I do think a Federer who would have played like at the end of the fourth during the early sets would have won, but you have to be consistent.

That's details though, great match from the two players.

Great for Novak, especially after coming up short the last couple years in Slam finals.

He can now say he's got a 2011 Wimbledon final win over a prime Nadal, and a 2014 Wimbledon final win over a past-prime but still formidable Fed.

Bravo to men's tennis for putting on the best GS final since what? At least the 5 set Nadal FO 2013 win over Djokovic (damn you netcourt), probably better tennis quality than that.

I'd say best since the 2012 Aussie Open 5 set marathon win Djokovic had over Nadal.

Definitely one to remember.

Reyne

Well played Djokovic. Federer played as good as I could have hoped him to play at this point, if not better. Not much else to say. Well earned win.

Kraftwerk

Great match. This is why I love sports.

I don't play Tennis, I know shit about most of the rules or the tournaments, but to watch the intensity, passion and sportsmanship is too damn good.

Well deserved Novak.

Roger, my baby, we love you <3

'single tear'

miserable

Oh Roger, you had one job :(
Now as a Nadal fan i must live more with the false hope that your GS record will be matched by Rafa :/

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
That there's no logical reason to think that Fed will win another GS or another Wimbledon. He's done and will only get worse going forward.

There's also no logical reason to think Federer played horrible tennis today, and yet, here we are.

inm8num2

Happy for Djokovic, bummed for Fed. He was so close. :/

I don't get the negative comments about Fed. He has no business competing for majors at his age, and yet here he is. Still a top 4 player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom