• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 2: Everyone Exposed but Idaho (and UCF, but they got Sandusky'd)

jjasper

Completely unrelated to football really but I am watching the Butch Jones show and they have some commercial for some DVD of UT football and the Uncharted theme is playing in the background. Not sure what's worse. The obvious copyright infringement, actually watching a coaches show, or recognizing a video game theme song in background music.

Completely unrelated to football really but I am watching the Butch Jones show and they have some commercial for some DVD of UT football and the Uncharted theme is playing in the background. Not sure what's worse. The obvious copyright infringement, actually watching a coaches show, or recognizing a video game theme song in background music.

Apparently we play this in the stadium whenever Mario Alford does something good.
Super Mario Bros. Flag Music

Why would he post that?

It's legal as long as the D lineman isn't engaged in another block. Triple option teams (GT, Georgia Southern, Navy) do this all game.

Still, he's an idiot for saying he "contributed to the injury report". Just say you played hard and leave it at that.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
It's legal as long as the D lineman isn't engaged in another block. Triple option teams (GT, Georgia Southern, Navy) do this all game.

Still, he's an idiot for saying he "contributed to the injury report". Just say you played hard and leave it at that.

He said the gameplan was to go for injuries. That is one of the biggest taboos in sports.

Jamesways

He's so proud. Well dude, hope you got the "respect" you wanted from trying to injure players.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
So what's the over/under on season ending injuries by the end of the year for Nebraska? I'm going to say 12.

I think that's being optimistic.

Also, have you seen Sipple's latest LJS piece? It's pretty all nice and non-confrontational, but he throws in this line that makes me just lol hard:

Instead, Ameer Abdullah did it. Again. His 58-yard catch-and-run for a touchdown, with 20 seconds remaining, perhaps saved the season and, if you bleed Husker red, maybe you just stop your imagination right there lest you fail to enjoy a remarkable moment that evoked images of Johnny and Eric and Mike R.

Abdullah, the senior running back from Homewood, Alabama, just might be heading in the direction of the program's fourth Heisman Trophy

I mean, I think Abdullah's good, but Hiseman? Let's not get fucking carried away, Steve.

At least there's this cool picture.... Back to my bottle of bleach for now

14-09-06-FB-0281.jpg

O!
I!
H!
O!

And someone explain the American flag.

I mean, I think Abdullah's good, but Hiseman? Let's not get fucking carried away, Steve.
if he stays healthy and puts up another 1600+ rush yards like he did last year, he's absolutely in the conversation of best players in the country. The criteria for winning the Heisman though probably makes it out of reach. The award is kinda silly anyway.

Pointless Poll #2 (AP)

Code:
1	FSU (38)	2-0	1,463	1
2	Oregon (16)	2-0	1,415	3
3	Alabama (1)	2-0	1,334	2
4	Oklahoma (2)	2-0	1,303	4
5	Auburn     	2-0	1,236	5
6	Georgia (1)	1-0	1,201	6
7	Texas A&M (2)	2-0	1,101	9
8	Baylor      	2-0	1,043	10
9	USC         	2-0	1,039	14
10	LSU         	2-0	1,029	12
11	Notre Dame	2-0	815	16
12	UCLA       	2-0	779	11
13	Michigan State	1-1	751	7
14	Mississippi	2-0	703	15
15	Stanford	1-1	592	13
16	Arizona State	2-0	570	17
17	Virginia Tech	2-0	532	38
18	Wisconsin	1-1	391	18
19	Kansas State	2-0	285	20
20	Missouri	2-0	237	24
21	Louisville	2-0	234	25
22	Ohio State	1-1	222	8
23	Clemson   	1-1	206	23
24	South Carolina	1-1	199	21
25	Brigham Young	2-0	179	35

tokkun

I actually did watch the first half. It was 2-0 before a TD just a few minutes before halftime and I didn't bother watching with the rest. I never said "offensive disaster", those are your words. I am making the claim that their offense isn't very good at the moment.

If you want to brag about second half stats against W. Illinois, feel free. The argument was that Wiscy is the best in the B1G. There is little evidence to back that up. The conference is completely wide open and I wouldn't be shocked to see Minnesota take the West

Edit: was a safety, not a fg. My bad

If you watched the first half you should understand what happened. The coaches waited 3 series to finally adapt their playcalling to the defense selling out the run. Once they finally did and started throwing outside screens and play-action, the last 7 drives went for 5 touchdowns, a red zone turnover, and a missed field goal.

Incidentally I don't disagree about there being a lot of question marks on offense. I still view MSU as the favorite to win the conference. But the idea that the offense performed poorly yesterday just because Gordon didn't have a big day is nonsense. If anything, the fact that they can rack up 450 yards (especially 300 passing yards) without Gordon being productive is a reason to be optimistic, because you can bet that a lot more teams are going to crowd the box and run blitz this season.

Top Bottom