• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 2: Everyone Exposed but Idaho (and UCF, but they got Sandusky'd)

cdyhybrid

I feel bad for the guy. I get stressed out about my job and it makes me miserable. He clearly handles the stress terribly also and it must be so much worse for him.

Yep, can't imagine working those long hours and having your job security rest in the hands of college kids.

As long as the NCAA doesn't dive bomb us into oblivion again, it's doubtful we'll get down into the Dubose/Shula dumpster fire again.

I mean, rock on, good luck. But I'd ask Nebraska, Michigan, Tennessee, Texas, Miami, and Notre Dame about that. You're immune, are ya? Okay.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I mean, rock on, good luck. But I'd ask Nebraska, Michigan, Tennessee, Texas, Miami, and Notre Dame about that. You're immune, are ya? Okay.

From that list, the prevailing thing I can tell is:
Don't get put on probation (Miami)
Don't hire multiple bad coaches in rapid succession. (All but Texas).
Texas, I can't figure out what went wrong. Long time successful coach decides to put his team into a dumpster, followed by someone who cut half the team.

From that list, the prevailing thing I can tell is:
Don't get put on probation (Miami)
Don't hire multiple bad coaches in rapid succession. (All but Texas).
Texas, I can't figure out what went wrong. Long time successful coach decides to put his team into a dumpster, followed by someone who cut half the team.

That's precisely the tricky part. They don't grow on trees. Easy to forget when you have the best coach of the modern era and possibly of all time. I'm suggesting that once you lose that EXTREME advantage, you're in for a rude awakening. But I suppose I could be wrong. Like I said, good luck with that.

Also: holy HELL the B1G is fucking terrible. Any half-decent team should easily run the table. I'd expect MSU to easily take the rest. They might as well not even send a team from the West.

jakncoke

Banned
As long as the NCAA doesn't dive bomb us into oblivion again, it's doubtful we'll get down into the Dubose/Shula dumpster fire again.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bw5sP7VCEAAdUuQ.jpg[/MG]
For when everything goes wrong, Facepalm will be there to lift you back up.[/QUOTE]

What if half your team starts selling coke again?

Wisconsin hasn't lost by 35 points since 2008
and it was to a Big Ten school
. Actually, the more interesting fact is that Wisconsin hasn't lost by more than 10 points in five years, and only two of those games were lost by more than 7 points. Wisconsin isn't the type of team to get blown the fuck out. They play a steady game until the last quarter, and then fuck up hard and manage to lose the game.

See: 2010 - 2013 Rose Bowls, last week at LSU, every loss from the 2012 season.
Gordon rushed for 38 yards against Western Illinois today and you have a QB that went 8-24 and 50 yards last week when it actually matter against good competition. Put into MSU position today, Oregon absolutely would have been blown you the fuck out. MSU is better than you.

Wiscy can't claim to be the best anything right now, even in the B1G.

So I didn't watch the Gator game, let me check the score...

65-0

Holy hell, we are capable of scoring that much? Is this even possible?

andycapps

KGnzPIZ.png

Lol

apology for poor english

when were you when big ten dies?

i was sat at home eating smegma butter when pjotr ring

'big ten is kill'

'no'

tokkun

Gordon rushed for 38 yards against Western Illinois today and you have a QB that went 8-24 and 50 yards last week when it actually matter against good competition. Put into MSU position today, Oregon absolutely would have been blown you the fuck out. MSU is better than you.

Wiscy can't claim to be the best anything right now, even in the B1G.

Let me guess: You didn't actually watch the Western Illinois game and are just latching on to one stat. They put two extra men in the box and run-blitzed when Gordon was in the backfield. Wisconsin still ended with 167 yards rushing and 456 total yards but somehow it was an offensive disaster because one guy didn't put up big stats, is that right?

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
We didn't look great yesterday and we are totally gonna get the shit kick out of us by OU.

But but Greg McElroy put Oklahoma on upset alert, and he is a former Alabama QB so he knows his college football right?

we lose by 17+

Let me guess: You didn't actually watch the Western Illinois game and are just latching on to one stat. They put two extra men in the box and run-blitzed when Gordon was in the backfield. Wisconsin still ended with 167 yards rushing and 456 total yards but somehow it was an offensive disaster because one guy didn't put up big stats, is that right?
I actually did watch the first half. It was 2-0 before a TD just a few minutes before halftime and I didn't bother watching with the rest. I never said "offensive disaster", those are your words. I am making the claim that their offense isn't very good at the moment.

If you want to brag about second half stats against W. Illinois, feel free. The argument was that Wiscy is the best in the B1G. There is little evidence to back that up. The conference is completely wide open and I wouldn't be shocked to see Minnesota take the West

Edit: was a safety, not a fg. My bad

Schmitty

Wow what a day for the BIG! Penn State made Akron look good for the first half, but at least they won in the end.

Edit: I missed the first 3 quarters of ND v Mich. What the hell happened to Mich?

Pointless Poll #1 (Coaches')
Point of Interest: #18 & #19

Code:
1	FSU         	2-0	1529	51
2	Alabama  	2-0	1435	1	
3	Oklahoma 	2-0	1408	3	
4	Oregon    	2-0	1407	6	
5	Auburn     	2-0	1312	0	
6	Georgia    	1-0	1209	1	
7	Baylor      	2-0	1135	0	
8	TAMU      	2-0	1090	0	
9	LSU         	2-0	1034	0	
10	USC         	2-0	999	0		
11	ND           	2-0	858	0		
12	UCLA       	2-0	812	0		
13	Sparty      	1-1	716	0	
14	ASU         	2-0	646	0		
15	Ole Miss   	2-0	609	0	
16	Stanford    	1-1	585	0	
17	Wisconsin	1-1	409	0	
18	tOSU         	1-1	402	0	
19	Virginia Tech	2-0	349	0	
20	Kansas State	2-0	333	0	
21	Nebraska 	2-0	310	0	
22	Missouri   	2-0	281	0	
23	South Carolina	1-1	232	0	
24	Clemson  	1-1	212	0	
25	North Carolina	2-0	129	0

Others Receiving Votes
Louisville 128; Brigham Young 124; Florida 107; Mississippi State 84; Oklahoma State 81; Duke 55; Washington 22; TCU 19; Minnesota 17; Marshall 14; Iowa 9; Cincinnati 8; Arizona 7; Oregon State 6; West Virginia 6; Pittsburgh 5; Northern Illinois 5; Rutgers 4; Memphis 4; Michigan 2; Boise State 1; Texas Tech 1.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
How in the world is North Carolina still ranked and BYU isn't? Coaches poll is a bigger joke then I even remember it being!

Top Bottom