• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread |Session VII| of Get Rekt or Die Trying

• Thread starter Deleted member 125677
  • Start date

What will happen this game?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
VnXONi4.png

PLAYING HOURS:

WEDNESDAYS 21:30 - 23:00 CEST

SUNDAYS 21:00 - 23:00 CEST

GAME PASSWORD (quote to see):

Players:

Code:
Participating players:

Roboleon | Uzbek
Spirited | Mamluks
Kabouter | Pasai
Fitz | Milan
Red Arremer | Bahmanis
Fanboi | Ming
Uzzy | Aragon
KingSnake | Burgundy
Jwitjes | Papal States
Jazz | Bavaria
Morfeo | Sweden
MGO | Livonian Order (?)
Steeven | Hungary
Stefan | Brandenburg
Crab | Qara Qoyunlu

RULES:

Technical:
1. If you consistently cause the game to drop below speed 2, you will be kicked for the duration of the session.

2. One rejoin per session, if you crash out multiple times, wait for someone else to drop out and then you can of course also rejoin.

Gameplay:
3. Pausing only allowed when DoW happens to you. Then during the war it isn't acceptable. Players can pause once to make peace deals, but only for the allotted 25 seconds or so before others can unpause. PvP wars are not exempted.

4. Players may not guarantee, ally, or be guaranteed by more than 1 other player nation prior to 1500, 2 other prior to 1600, or 3 others prior to 1750. A coalition may not have more than 3 player nations prior to 1500, 4 player nations prior to 1600, or 5 player nations prior to 1750. This rule does not count for any player controlled subjects a player might have. No enforce peace in wars involving human players on either side. Indirect involvement in wars (for instance threatening someone with an attack unless they don't engage in a war against human players) counts as an alliance for the player being helped and thus is only allowed if the player being helped does not exceed its human ally limit in this fashion.

5. Player nations are open to attack once they miss three straight sessions, you can attack during that third session. If the AI attacks another player in his absence, they can demand up to 50% war score, but no more. If an AI playing for a human nation joins a war against a human player as a third party, up to 25% war score may be demanded from that country.

6. Maximizing the ticking war score means that the losing side must automatically meet the demands of the winning side. Achieving an overall war score of 80% also means the losing side must automatically meet the demands of the winning side. Peace demands can not exceed 100% war score. People can't be forced to peace out separately in a PvP war, to avoid peace demands from being truly excessive. Similarly, don't circumvent the war score cap by declaring multiple wars as a single alliance. If you do this, the total demands can't be more than 100%. If non-aligned human players both attack another human player, this obviously does not apply.

7. Can't attack a player nation with more than 50% tech group disparity, unless through a non-subject third party. Rule expires in 1600.

8. A general anti-exploit rule. Basically, if it looks like an exploit, then don't do it. Don't try to circumvent rules through trickery. If you're unsure if something violates this rule, ask.

Country Selection:
9. Don't pick someone else's vassal/personal union partner.

10. No more nation switching after the first five sessions.

11. Poland and The Ottoman Empire are not available to human players :'(

GAME SETTINGS
Normal Difficulty
No Bonuses
Historical Lucky Nations
Dynamic Province Names On
Locked Ledger
Only Host Can Save
Editable Save

USED DLC
Conquest of Paradise
Wealth of Nations
Res Publica
Sword and Crescent
Purple Phoenix.
Art of War
El Dorado
Common sense
Cossacks
(And a bunch of cosmetic stuff)

SERVER INFO (quote to see):

Player Ratings for Session VI
1. Mgoblue201 - 4.9
2. Roboleon - 4
3. Spirited - 3.96
4. Morfeo - 3.42
5. Red Arremer - 3.21
6. Stefan - 3
7. Uzzy - 2.5
8. KingSnake - 1.58
9. fanboi - 1.43
10. FACE - 0.92

Average Player Ratings for Country Selection
1. Jazz - 4.92
2. Mgoblue201 - 4.76
3. crab - 4.31
4. Kabouter - 4.31
5. Fitz - 4.30
6. Spirited - 3.96
7. Steeven - 3.88
8. Toma - 3.76
9. Roboleon - 3.63
10. haly - 3.47
11. Gamma - 3.19
12. Morfeo - 3.18
13. Stefan - 3.10
14. fanboi - 3.06
15. ZZMItch - 2.96
16. Jwitjes - 2.92
17. Uzzy - 2.82
18. Red Arremer - 2.75
19. Mleugie - 2.50
20. KingSnake - 2.45
21. Valhelm - 2.23
22. FACE - 1.35
23. RickDeckerSpiegel - 1.28

New players start with a rating of 3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Previous sessions:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Session I
Session II
Session IV
Session V
Session VI

End stats for last session:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=190005603&postcount=862

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Please sign up here: Leave steam name and country of residence.

Roboleon - Norway

We are considering Random New World for this round. Please leave your 2 cents on that as well. :)

Quote to see link to spreadsheet, which contains information on Country ratings and selection, and a list of players.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Kaiki [Spirited] and Sweden

I'm up for rnw if it doesn't have any effect on the games stability (I have no idea if it has)

Kabouter

Guess some people will have to test random new world stability?
I will probably participate. Steam name is Retuobak, country is THE NETHERLANDS

Fitz

I'll almost certainly join this time, still from the UK.

What's the score with the changes to the nation selection process? Anything been decided?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member

What's the score with the changes to the nation selection process? Anything been decided?

Crab and Kab is cooking up something

Kabouter

Same process, but re-rating countries to enable a much wider selection of countries for higher rated players.

Uzzy

I am once again ready to smash my keyboard at the stupidity of AI partners. My steam name is Uzzy, and my location is the UK. I am quite happy to see a random new world, with fantasy elements in too even.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I'm Kingsssnake from Austria and I'm addicted to EU IV. I'm in for this round to see how low can I get my rating. My ultimate scope is to play as the Ottomans.

fanboi

Banned
A bit more prepared this time around since I hadn't touched the prev dlc

Anyhow, my Byzantine campaign is going fine:
4A1218082A380708F9255337D998A30A9680E905

Kabouter

I am once again ready to smash my keyboard at the stupidity of AI partners. My steam name is Uzzy, and my location is the UK. I am quite happy to see a random new world, with fantasy elements in too even.

Can I play as an 800 point custom nation as a fantasy element?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Awww fuck yeah, Jazz!!

That's awesome, get busy on those dlcs

Fitz

Nice going fanboi, a successful Byzantium game is a rite of passage for all EU4 players imo, you just need to finish what you've started and reclaim the east from the Turkic horde.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Nice going fanboi, a successful Byzantium game is a rite of passage for all EU4 players imo, you just need to finish what you've started and reclaim the east from the Turkic horde.

Guess I can not consider myself a worthy member then, since I have never done a Byzantium campaign?

Anyways, I am of course joining the next game as well.

Fitz

Guess I can not consider myself a worthy member then, since I have never done a Byzantium campaign?

Anyways, I am of course joining the next game as well.

We can all strive to reach the new heights that fanboi shows us, but most will fall, you're still ok in my book.

fanboi

Banned

Thank you :) darkest dungeon going well?

Uzzy

So, any idea why I'm not getting the Baltic Crusader achievement? If it's because of those three uncolonised provinces I'm going to scream. Everything in the Russian and Crimean regions are cored and catholic, which are the two requirements.

Edit: Never mind, spotted that my vassal Kazakh has a province in the Russian region. Guess I'll annex them asap.

Fitz

Thank you :) darkest dungeon going well?

The game scares me, haven't had the courage to play it today, been dancing my troubles away with Crypt of the NecroDancer.

So, any idea why I'm not getting the Baltic Crusader achievement? If it's because of those three uncolonised provinces I'm going to scream. Everything in the Russian and Crimean regions are cored and catholic, which are the two requirements.

Edit: Never mind, spotted that my vassal Kazakh has a province in the Russian region. Guess I'll annex them asap.

I love whenever you post screenshots, so that I can see which nation gets who as their symbol.

Uzzy

I love whenever you post screenshots, so that I can see which nation gets who as their symbol.

It's good fun really! Though apart from a few, the placement seems pretty random. The Papal States get Madoka, for instance.

Uzzy

Godoka Uzzy.

Plz.

This is true, I feel ashamed.

On the bright side, I finally got the Baltic Crusader achievement. I did have to colonise those uncolonised provinces, guess I killed Russia too quickly. Ah well, nothing the Expansion idea group couldn't fix.

Now I've got 25 years to grab An Early Reich.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
patch notes said:
- Breaking an alliance now gives a truce for 5 years between the nations breaking it.

Are Paradox trying to cripple Fanboi??

Hungary is too difficult for fanboi, but Byzantium is just right.

Posting in thread = signing up for next round, right?

Uzzy

Grrh, another five years and I'd have gotten An Early Reich. Ended up burning a lot of manpower and time fighting the Ottomans in a coalition war. Probably should have started eating the HRE earlier, but never mind, I grabbed the achievement I was after.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace

titch

What dlc are you talking about? I need pretty much all of it except maybe the first two.

Edit: I have American Dream, Res Publica, Wealth of Nations and Conquest of Paradise, which seems to be the ones included in the pack you bought, but thanks anyways!

No worries - yeah it should be everything in the pack.

Uzzy

Current game with Byz:

Yes, that is Byzantium colonies.

Not even in Italy yet? For shame. Restore those borders ASAP.

I've been trying to get a Byzantium start going myself, but either I get jumped on by the Ottos before I can ally Poland/Hungary, or Poland and Hungary's AI sucks and just feeds 1 stacks into the Ottoman armies until they peace out. I should really play as a country where I don't have to rely on the Polish AI sometime, I suppose.

fanboi

Banned
Not even in Italy yet? For shame. Restore those borders ASAP.

I've been trying to get a Byzantium start going myself, but either I get jumped on by the Ottos before I can ally Poland/Hungary, or Poland and Hungary's AI sucks and just feeds 1 stacks into the Ottoman armies until they peace out. I should really play as a country where I don't have to rely on the Polish AI sometime, I suppose.

I will! To busy colonizing!

Also, happy new years everyone!

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I will return from vacation tomorrow

When should we aim to get this thing rolling? Should we try to get going with country selection this week? I'd love to get going already next sunday (10th) tbh

Kabouter

Fine by me, let's just use crab's normalized ratings in the sheet, they work out to pretty much where we want to be for country ratings anyway. So that rating (right now) for instance means that someone with a rating of 4.75 would be able to pick Holland but not Hungary.

Fitz

Fine by me, let's just use crab's normalized ratings in the sheet, they work out to pretty much where we want to be for country ratings anyway. So that rating (right now) for instance means that someone with a rating of 4.75 would be able to pick Holland but not Hungary.

Seconding this, far more reasonable values that what we were using. Also I'm fine to start whenever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom