• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread |Session VII| of Get Rekt or Die Trying

• Thread starter Deleted member 125677
  • Start date

What will happen this game?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
People who can be rated/need to rate:
- KingSnake
- Uzzy
- Jwitjes
- fanboi
- Stefan
- Morfeo
- Roboleon
- Steeven
- Spirited
- Fitz
- Kabouter
- Jazz

Remember, ratings are as follows: 1 is worse than AI, 2 is equal, 3 is better than AI, 4 is way better than AI, 5 is a dominant player. Of course anything in between is also fine. If you feel you don't know enough about a player's performance to rate them, you can leave their rating blank.

Edit: Obviously, send me the ratings via PM here on GAF or via message on Steam. Via GAF is easier for me.

Just sent you the ratings. Anyways, most people are getting really good now, meaning there are a lot of 4's around. Maybe its an idea to change the system a bit so that there has to be some 1's and 2's given out as well. Say, there are ten players, then you have to place two in each rank (two 1's, two 2's, two 3's, two 4's and two 5's) or something like that, to avoid the inflation which the scoring system is currently causing. Just an idea.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Just sent you the ratings. Anyways, most people are getting really good now, meaning there are a lot of 4's around. Maybe its an idea to change the system a bit so that there has to be some 1's and 2's given out as well. Say, there are ten players, then you have to place two in each rank (two 1's, two 2's, two 3's, two 4's and two 5's) or something like that, to avoid the inflation which the scoring system is currently causing. Just an idea.

Well that would just make more good people elligable to play too strong nations, don't see the problem with score inflation at least as it is now.

If we would change the system to something like you are suggesting then we would have to redo the country scores to make it work.

Morfeo

True. I think the biggest benefit would be that we reduce strategical scoring (giving mortal enemies higher scores than deserved), but I dont know if this is really a thing or not. Also, it would differentiate more between players, which as you say, would let good players play better nations, which can be a good or a bad thing I guess. It was just a suggestion I was thinking about when doing the scores, since I realized basically everybody got between 3.5 and 4.5 this game.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
True. I think the biggest benefit would be that we reduce strategical scoring (giving mortal enemies higher scores than deserved), but I dont know if this is really a thing or not.

I don't think really this is a thing, at least I hope not. Kab gets the scores, and he's a bright guy.

So I've been playing Paradox's games for a couple of years but I've never gotten into multiplayer and I've been thinking about joining you guys for a while now.
So... can I? I'm not very good or anything but it looks like fun.

Not sure if entering a already running session is a good idea though (or if it's even possible?) so I guess my second question is if you guys have any idea when the current session is going to end / when the next one will start? I don't mind waiting.

Morfeo

So I've been playing Paradox's games for a couple of years but I've never gotten into multiplayer and I've been thinking about joining you guys for a while now.

Not sure if entering a already running session is a good idea though (or if it's even possible?) so I guess my second question is if you guys have any idea when the current session is going to end / when the next one will start? I don't mind waiting.

As long as you can pass the initiation test of 2700 questions.
Welcome!

Kabouter

We just finished a game so you're here at the right time. We'll probably start a new one soon enough, keep an eye on this thread.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink

We just finished this session so you're right in time, will take somebody time to get the next one starting though.

fanboi

Banned
I don't think really this is a thing, at least I hope not. Kab gets the scores, and he's a bright guy.

I%20dunno.gif

Oh, nice timing.
Thanks guy's, I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this thread and joining the next session whenever that's going to start.

Kabouter

Okay, average ratings for the past game:
Uzzy - 5.00
Roboleon - 4.60
Kabouter - 4.40
Spirited - 4.27
Fitz - 4.00
Stefan - 3.68
Jazz - 3.65
Steeven - 3.55
KingSnake - 3.18
fanboi - 2.58
Morfeo - 2.48
Jwitjes - 2.45

Average ratings for people (including at most the last three games):
Mgoblue201 - 4.76
Kabouter - 4.54
crab - 4.31
Jazz - 4.28
Fitz - 4.12
Spirited - 4.12
Roboleon - 4.03
Toma - 3.76
Steeven - 3.71
haly - 3.47
Uzzy - 3.33
Gamma - 3.19
Stefan - 3.11
ZZMitch - 2.96
Morfeo - 2.89
KingSnake - 2.84
Jwitjes - 2.76
Red Arremer - 2.75
fanboi - 2.65
mleugie - 2.50
Valhelm - 2.23
FACE - 1.35
RickDeckerSpiegel - 1.28

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
EWmof.gif
Holy crap! Uzzy broke Jazz' record rating from his Germany game!
p0QHO.gif

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Hmm, I think I'll play some hard country next time. Got too bored playing Mamluks.

EDIT: Also micromanaging isn't my strong side.

Lach

If there are enogh slots (don't know if there's a limit in the game) I'd like to join next session as well. I inquired in october but wed/sun wasn't a good slot back then. Now it would be perfect. I'll have to freshen up on EUIV though. I know how to play the game but I don't know "how" to play the game if you know what I mean. :)

I'll keep my eye on this (and the next) topic.

Kabouter

If there are enogh slots (don't know if there's a limit in the game) I'd like to join next session as well. I inquired in october but wed/sun wasn't a good slot back then. Now it would be perfect. I'll have to freshen up on EUIV though. I know how to play the game but I don't know "how" to play the game if you know what I mean. :)

I'll keep my eye on this (and the next) topic.

Afaik the game supports up to like 32 players, so even if the entire community joins (which never happens), should still be space for you.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
In my experience, that sort of thing depends a lot more on /who/ is playing than how many.

Yeah I've played like 2 hours in a game of 46 people...
Well it did drop to about 30 something after like half an hour as people disconnected for reasons.

Worked fine as everyone seemed to have decent internet and not crappy PCs

Fitz

Sounds like a good idea, not usually long between DLC announcements and release dates. I'm starting to wish they'd slow down with the pace of DLC, looks like the new one needed a few more months of brainstorming.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I don't have high hopes for this latest expansion, but let's see how it turns out.

I've been watching these threads for a while here too. Currently, I doubt my computer could handle it (EU4 makes it pretty hot), but if I really am interested in playing multiplayer EU4

Morfeo

I've been watching these threads for a while here too. Currently, I doubt my computer could handle it (EU4 makes it pretty hot), but if I really am interested in playing multiplayer EU4

My laptop gets hot as hell, and it sometimes start to slow down because of it at the end of a session, but mostly, Ive been fine. I suggest just try it and see how it goes, and we will kick you soon enough if it goes too slow :)

Dire Straits soundtrack add-on coming!

This would actually make me consider turning on the music for the first time. Played a lot of EU1 and EU2 listening to Dire Straits actually :)

fanboi

Banned
So guys, fellow EU4:ers, Stellaris is releasing May 9th... what say you that we start a MP game for that? Everyone starts fresh.

Uzzy

So guys, fellow EU4:ers, Stellaris is releasing May 9th... what say you that we start a MP game for that? Everyone starts fresh.

I'm pretty keen to play that in multiplayer. Do we have time to squeeze in an EU4 match though?

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Yeah, I think we can squeeze another EU (or CK) MP before we get some basic understanding of the space strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom