• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread |Session VII| of Get Rekt or Die Trying

• Thread starter Deleted member 125677
  • Start date

What will happen this game?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CloudWolf

The trouble with legitimacy is that it's so random and that there are no good ways to increase it except waiting (or a Civil War). Often you can't control whether your heir has a weak claim, a medium claim or a strong claim but it can destroy your nation.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Yeah, one of the worst game mechanics imo. But I think the whole point-system is pretty stupid too, considering its completely random if you get a good or bad monarch. Now that we have estates, they should take it a step further and introduce a a court of persons belonging to those, that could be recruited for money and serving as your governement, thus meaning your point gaining would be dependent on balancing internal interests (estates) and economy. Basically take it in a CK2-style. At least cut the stupid randomness.

Fitz

Instability is what you get for living under ancient forms of government. It is time people, overthrow your despotic monarchs, cast them out onto the streets where they belong, Liberté, égalité, fraternité!

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Why would Kongo get two successive events that will increase the army costs by 10%? It's a level 3 military, what's the logic of having the increase costs, really? Does the grass in the savanna is more expensive for the horses to chew? Did we replaced the horses with zebra?

It's not enough that the tech is prehistoric and it takes forever to develop you get also these illogical events handicapping your game even more.

Fitz

Why would Kongo get two successive events that will increase the army costs by 10%? It's a level 3 military, what's the logic of having the increase costs, really? Does the grass in the savanna is more expensive for the horses to chew? Did we replaced the horses with zebra?

It's not enough that the tech is prehistoric and it takes forever to develop you get also these illogical events handicapping your game even more.

Do you remember the name of the events?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
fine by me
but it's a bit late, and there's always someone who can't, so realistically: 21.30 it is :p

Steeven

Hungary AAR

Jumped on the Bohemia hate train that was destroying the once proud elector of the HRE. Snabbed two provinces in the process. Then I destroyed Poland. It was a nice day.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
AAR Burgundy

Very productive session. While chilling after the last wars I saw an unexpected opportunity arising when rebels where destroying a Norway that was also ridden to death by peaceful Morfeo. The same Morfeo who jumped all the way to Scotland to get some provinces earlier and thus bringing a bad vibe to the whole region. So i declared war on Norway to support whatever rebels were there and conquered the capital plus another two provinces and Island. And Island was my unexpected desire. But I had to wait some years to get the proper range to be able to core and thus to request it in the war. Meanwhile holding also Morfeo in a war with a score that didn't satisfy his infinite appetite.
While upgrading the technology the time for another war against France and Castile came and me and Uzyy wthe hell out of both, resulting in Paris and Vermandois joining the prosperous Burgundian land. The rest of the session wasn't much, just watching the infinite peaces of Robo.

Provinces gained:Vermandois, Paris, Reykjavik, Akureyri

Kabouter

eu4_map_psa_1536_04_03woh9.png

eu4_map_psa_1536_04_0hxrjv.png

*pours one out for fanboi*

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Bukhara Aar

Hectic session, constant warfare! Fought Delhi/Bengal first, then went to war against Muscovy and Persia which kind of dragged out because I ran into some complicated technicalities in the peace making. Sorry for the pauses, but I usually never to bother to pause for peace so I hope you will forgive me. Fanboi threw in the towel when all his vassals and released countries started jumping him. I wonder what his corpse tastes like, mmmhmmm
3> u fanboi, always in our hearts~~

Uzzy

Aragon AAR: Brought to you today by the strongest colonial nation in the world!

Started the session in a war with Mali and Timbuktu. This dragged on longer than I'd have hoped, thanks to Malian seperatists spawning who somehow had more, better troops than the Malian army itself. But that's just rebel problems. Anyway, took some more provinces for my West African holdings, including some dye and gold producing provinces. So much money, and so much unrest. The time this war took prevented me from declaring on the Papacy and pre-empting any Italian biscuit based puns, but ah well.

Following that war, I called the legions back home and struck against the hated France/Castile alliance, fighting alongside our Burgundian brothers in arms once more. This time they didn't even pretend to put up a fight, and were quickly put to the sword. Castile are now cut in three, France is no longer a valid rival, and there's just one province remaining before I can declare Aragon as the one true king in Iberia.

With peace secured for a while longer, I enjoyed the lovely dividend and spent some time teching up and finishing off my Quantity idea. When it comes to your army, size does matter. I also colonised, and got my first colonial nation. The hardest part was considering what to name it, but I have been playing a lot of SFV lately.. so it was obvious what I'd go with in the end. Chunners for life. ♥

As the session progressed, the situation in the mediterranean worsened, and the Ottoman found themselves at war with quite the unholy alliance. This left Tunis isolated, and I quickly struck on the unsuspecting nation. I had expected my favourite pet 'Two Hands' Tlemcen to deal with them themselves, but thanks to the wonderful AI they wouldn't march and occupy provinces after sieging down the Tunisian capital. So I sent a legion over to sort things out, and fed it all to Tlemcen. My North African holdings now stretch from Ifni to Tunis. Lovely stuff.

Provinces Gained: Lyonnais, Bearn, Labourd, Sevilla, Granada, Kantor, Bambuk, Do, Joma, Baghena
Provinces Gained for Tlemcen: Mitidja, Kabylia, Hodna, Constantine, Annaba, Kef, Bizerte
Colonies: Lesser Namqualand, Pernambuco, Ilheus, Essequibo
Colonial Nations Gained: Chun-Li ♥

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Hmm I think we could start a half decent Arrested Development community here instead of letting Uzzy win together with his über alliance.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Bukhara AAR:
RIP Fitz and Jazz!

Slow session, fought Lithuania and Persia. And sort of waiting for Kab's coalition to become a bit smaller. :V

Steeven

Hungary AAR

Started a punitive war against Lithuania for being annoying. Then the Huns got involved in World War I. Hungarian forces participated with everything they got in Italy, but to no avail. Sad to see some European friends go! Afterwards, the Huns kicked some more Polish and Ottoman butts.

Morfeo

Sweden AAR:

First of all, it was devasting seeing my ally Jazz go down in flames, when I was unable to really do anything at all to help thanks to the poor state of my own nation. Second, it was terrible seeing Fitz get wrecked as well for his noble intervention. Third, it sucked loosing three vassals because I took two provinces in the independence rebellion (like WTF), and four, it sucks fucking hardest of all to see Stefan immediately taking advantage. Probably the worst session since my Venice-days, and thats seriously saying something considering all the n00bery, war exhaustion, rebels and coalitions Ive seen since then. bg

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Burgundy AAR:

The opportunity for another holy coalition appeared with Bavaria's insane expansion in the middle of Europe. As we learnt from Morpheo, there's nothing better than the pacification of your neighbors, so we jumped onto that wagon. Italy thought that was a good opportunity to pay reward my generosity of not declaring coalition war against him last time around so tried a backstabbing a la Fanboi. As Bavaria was really busy with ongoing wars we focused fully on Italy and despite an small set back early in the war it all ended up with a big 144 vs. 37 fight against Italy and Hungary forces (whose contribution shall not remain forgotten in the future). The 100% peace was requested and delivered. The same happened with Bavaria a bit later. Unfortunately both decided to quit, although both countries are still reasonably big. A period of recovery followed. During this Cologne decided to peacefully give us the province of Aachen.
Before the premature end of the session due to Stefan's OOS me and Aragon started another war against the suicidal trio: France, Castile, Portugal.

Province gained: Savoie, Aachen
Country integrated: Holland

Uzzy

Spain AAR:

Many, many wars were fought today, and player blood was needlessly shed. But in the end..

bJjBsZp.gif

Behold the King, the King of Kings

So our Brandenburgian brothers in the Empire requested aid against the Bavarian threat to their southern border. While Aragon's interests weren't much served by getting involved in internal HRE squabbles, our Burgundian brothers were quite keen on getting involved. So in order to uphold Aragonese honour, we moved to send 60k of our finest off to war. With several others within the HRE already attacking their Emperor, it was felt that it'd be quite the easy war to fight, and it proved to be so. The Emperor was rather adept at maneuver, and avoided combat for some time, but he needed allies to improve his strategic situation.

Clearly, the Emperor seduced the Italians with promises of gold and glory, and the Italian/Memeluk/Hungarian alliance struck against Burgundy. This proved to be a costly mistake for the Italians, and after a few wars waged in the Alps, they were ready to surrender unconditionally. After their collapse, the Emperor soon followed suit and bent the knee.

With central Europe a lot quieter, the Aragonese armies returned home, and turned their sights on greater prizes. Portugal still held territory that was rightfully ours, and they even had lovely colonies in West African ripe for the taking. A quick war followed, and left Portugal and Castile fully occupied. We took several provinces from both nations, but during the peace negotiations, a mysterious hooded figure approached the King and offered him a very shiny new sword, saying 'Put aside Aragon, become who you were born to be'

Apparently, that means becoming yellow. But it also means going over 1000 development and becoming the Spanish Empire.

Provinces Gained: Nice, Lisboa, Salamanca, Cadiz, Gibraltar, Sierra Leon, Cape Coast, Whydah, Bure, Bagoe, Sibiridugu
Naples: Integrated
Players Killed Count: Double Kill

Fitz

Damn, someone was tricked into making Robo a mod, I foresee a future of blackmail delivering total surrender.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, someone was tricked into making Robo a mod, I foresee a future of blackmail delivering total surrender.

Kabouter is probably glad to see some of the aggressive and anti-authoritarian subversive sentiments - so prevalent in our community - channeled in my general direction in-game

Kabouter

Kabouter is probably glad to see some of the aggressive and anti-authoritarian subversive sentiments - so prevalent in our community - channeled in my general direction in-game

When I think aggressive sentiments, I think fascists like fanboi, not anti-authoritarians tbh.

CloudWolf

I just checked the Crusader Kings subreddit to check how the new expansion is, because I totally forgot about it. All I see are complaints about coalitions and scattered retreat. It's like I am in the EU4 subreddit of a year ago.

Fitz

I just checked the Crusader Kings subreddit to check how the new expansion is, because I totally forgot about it. All I see are complaints about coalitions and scattered retreat. It's like I am in the EU4 subreddit of a year ago.

Not had to deal with a coalition yet, but the shattered retreat is definitely dodgy, I can understand the need to prevent armies/wars being fucked after losing one battle, but this feels like way too much of a nerf for smaller states. On the flip-side though, the council mechanics are pretty cool, great addition that just needs a bit of tweaking to be a perfect addition imo.

Removing the ability to make the Pope a general is the biggest injustice in Paradox history, and forever a blight on their record as developers.

...but your country hasn't fallen.

Oh lord the orange, it blinds.

Morfeo

...but your country hasn't fallen.

True, but just look at the alliance-system in europe now that Jazz/Fitz is gone. There is nothing I can do to avoid getting crushed when Kingsnake and/or Stefan says so, and yeah, that means there just isnt much point for me to continue. The only real reason I can think of to continue until I get wrecked, is that it will probably give me a lower rating, but yeah, that just isnt worth it. Have fun everybody, i'll be back next game!

Steeven

True, but just look at the alliance-system in europe now that Jazz/Fitz is gone. There is nothing I can do to avoid getting crushed when Kingsnake and/or Stefan says so, and yeah, that means there just isnt much point for me to continue. The only real reason I can think of to continue until I get wrecked, is that it will probably give me a lower rating, but yeah, that just isnt worth it. Have fun everybody, i'll be back next game!

r-kelly-cigarette-gif-wtf.gif

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Nottu dissu shittu again, I'll try to get on Uzzy's good side next time by picking a nation with his waifu as flag and I recommend everyone else to do it too.

He would never hurt his waifu.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton

You're no fun. I'll give you a rating of 6 for next time.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Haha that triple alliance basically ended the game for everyone in Europe not in the alliance. Good call, Stefan!

Uzzy

Nottu dissu shittu again, I'll try to get on Uzzy's good side next time by picking a nation with his waifu as flag and I recommend everyone else to do it too.

He would never hurt his waifu.

The smartest move. Not sure how everyone's going to fit into Northern Germany, but it'll sure be comfy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom