• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread |Session VII| of Get Rekt or Die Trying

• Thread starter Deleted member 125677
  • Start date

What will happen this game?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Bye bye horde fun, you had a good run! It looks like they at least didn't go with the +10 unrest for razing ? I assume the changes don't have retro-active effects anyway?

fanboi

Banned
Cameron working against Britain since 1594.

In other news, fanboi getting a much needed buff for tomorrow's games:

Clearly Paradox heard his cries for help.

pr2.gif

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
You have bukhara so you don't have to be horde anymore if you don't want to at least.

I wanted to soak up most of the remaining useless horde lands (Timurids, Nogai, Golden Horde) before forming it (or Mughals). But yeah, I can form Bukhara in a few years, if need be.

edit: Wait a minute, I found something actually good for me "- Power Projection now also gives Horde Unity and Devotion." This is pretty neat! 100PP4Lyfe. I guess it's also necessary since you can't mindlessly raze all the things as easy anymore.

fanboi

Banned
I wanted to soak up most of the remaining useless horde lands (Timurids, Nogai, Golden Horde) before forming it (or Mughals). But yeah, I can form Bukhara in a few years, if need be.

edit: Wait a minute, I found something actually good for me "- Power Projection now also gives Horde Unity and Devotion." This is pretty neat! 100PP4Lyfe. I guess it's also necessary since you can't mindlessly raze all the things as easy anymore.

40bd40b222b29217d1fe68bc58a38455.jpg

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly, The Tomb of the Giants just sucked too much without the right equipment, and I could never be bothered to read item descriptions or follow conversations in the game to figure out what I needed.

Dark Souls is still one of my favorite games though. I just mentally ended it after Ornstein & Smough, which is the real peak of the game imo and should have been the real ending of it. :p

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Honestly, The Tomb of the Giants just sucked too much without the right equipment, and I could never be bothered to read item descriptions or follow conversations in the game to figure out what I needed.

Dark Souls is still one of my favorite games though. I just mentally ended it after Ornstein & Smough, which is the real peak of the game imo and should have been the real ending of it. :p
I have only played through souls games in one way, dual hand biggest sword I can find at the moment and run around with light to no armor.
Big groups and some bosses can be a nightmare for me because of this.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace

How could you know, when you never completed it? :)

lies!

I beat that game.

That is not what I remember you telling me. Or maybe Im thinking about (the superior) Demons Souls, you definitely didnt beat that.

I have only played through souls games in one way, dual hand biggest sword I can find at the moment and run around with light to no armor.
Big groups and some bosses can be a nightmare for me because of this.

Sounds way to 1337 for me. I beat both Demons and Dark with pretty balanced builds, because I wanted to try different things. This, of course, made me seriously underpowered in the late-game or when getting invaded. Sword, shield and bow&arrow mostly though.

I don't know if I will join tonight, I have a flu and I don't feel too well.

Hope you will get better!

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Thanks guys!

Got some sleep and it's a bit better now, probably I can handle a slow peaceful game. Not as peaceful as Morfeo, hopefully.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Thanks guys!

Got some sleep and it's a bit better now, probably I can handle a slow peaceful game. Not as peaceful as Morfeo, hopefully.

Well Morfeo had one of the most peaceful sessions I've seen in a while last sunday, so here's hoping for you too.

Uzzy

Unfortunately I don't have the option to lock myself in the bathroom until the coalition wars go away, like Morfeo has.

I bet that's how Morfeo finished Dark Souls, locking himself in a bathroom while letting some Polish gamer take the hits for him.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Bukhara AAR:

New color yeay! Conquered parts of Golden Horde/Circassia, Timurids and the rest of Nogai.

Fitz

>_>
Look east, see astronomically large orange blob coming out of the terra incognita.
<_<
Look west, see gargantuan orange
ish
blob spreading everywhere.
¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

Uzzy

Aragon AAR:

Went west, colonised Bahia. Life is peaceful there, there in the open air, where the skies are blue. Reports of our colonists learning to surf were entirely accurate.

Fought three wars, which were mostly a matter of marching and claiming territory through the cunning use of flags.

Teched up a bit, and took the Quantity idea group in order to pack as many uniforms full of people as possible. The truces with France, Castile and Portugal also expired, which may have had something to do with it.

Provinces Gained: Corsica, Termes, Wagadu, Siine, Gabu
Provinces Gained for Tlemcen: Marrakech
Colonies Started: Bahia

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Burgundy AAR

Quiet session, spent most of the session trying to get rid of the coalition against me. And succeeded in that. Once that was solved I joined a Cleves defensive war out of which Friesland ended being part of Flanders. And thus I became neighbor with the most hated bad boy in town.

Kabouter

I'm pretty sure we don't rate people based on them allowing another to pick a much stronger nation right next to their own :p

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Man, everyone huge.

Except Hungary which hasn't changed at all.

That Uzbek caliphate thooo.

Why does Ming not actually control Ming? Did he splinter?

Kabouter

Man, everyone huge.

Except Hungary which hasn't changed at all.

That Uzbek caliphate thooo.

Why does Ming not actually control Ming? Did he splinter?

I think Hungary grew more than Sweden tbh. And yes, Ming collapsed partially, halved in development. About 700 gone.

Steeven

Hungary AAR

MGO left the Hun empire in a warlike state with a huge bank account, so it was a matter of picking the right targets (thanks!). While the Ottomans, who had successfully invaded the glorious eastern pearl of Europe earlier, were busy in a war against their Muslim competitors in the south, the Hungarian hordes logically arrived on the other front, together with their Italian allies. Our armies destroyed the Ottoman hordes and regained honor and land. After the Ottoman humiliation, the annoying merchant republic of Ragusa was defeated and integrated for the greater good.

Vassals annexed: Wallachia
Vassals strengthened: Serbia
Provinces gained: Ragusa and three or four Ottoman provinces

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Burgundy AAR

Another session, another nice war against Castile, France and Portugal. They were no match for the united armies of Burgundy and Aragon, though. It ended up with France cut through the middle, Berry and Alencon joining our great nation. The war continued in Iberia for almost half of the session. While relaxing in the Alps after the war we noticed how Sforza family was driving everybody around crazy and decided to join the party a bit, but in the end we decided that peace is a better option for now. That doesn't mean that the troops get some holidays, so a couple of short wars still happened until the end of the session, against Switzerland and Lorraine. Unfortunately the last one had to end without any conquest due to the AE.

Provinces gained: Berry, Alencon, Wallis
Countries integrated: Flanders

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's hard to tell, you see, because Hungary starts as a maude blobfish and now you're still a maude blobfish just slightly more inflated.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Bukhara AAR:

We joined our Sunni brothers of the Levante to crush the unholy alliance of the Ottomans and Lithuania, and released our oppressed Sunni brothers of Crimea. Then we rid the world of the Goths of Crimea and flushed out the rest of the unbelievers on the peninsula. We watched in horror as our glorious ally to the east got whacked by a million rebels. After we had recuperated from the shock, we took out the small remains of the Golden Horde. We ended the session with a keen eye on our glorious and powerful Russian enemy to the west, and the rich and delicious Indian states to the South.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
I think Hungary grew more than Sweden tbh. And yes, Ming collapsed partially, halved in development. About 700 gone.

Yep, some Zero-rank playing in the north.

To be fair, I have a sick child, and wasnt really paying much attention today as I had to constantly go into his room and talk to him.

Uzzy

Aragon AAR:

After readying our forces last session, the combined armies of Burgundy and Aragon struck against France, Castile and Portugal. There was a bit of limited resistance from the three losers, but nothing our forces couldn't handle. We blitzed Northern France, taking Paris, then worked our way down into Iberia. I managed to take a good number of provinces, uniting my territory from the Algarve to Dauphine. The best was yet to come though, as I got a truly wonderful pop-up.

Castile is no longer a valid rival
3DYPYeb.gif

With Iberia buried, my attentions turned back to the colonial game. Some of my African provinces had broken free during the war, with formerly bow and arrow using forces suddenly bringing advanced muskets and cannon against my forts. So I retook those provinces, the huge rebel army suddenly nowhere to be seen. With those rebellious areas pacified, my armies got back on their boats and headed to Brazil, to bring the benefits of the Aragonese lifestyle to some neighbours of ours.

Provinces Gained: Narbonne, Languedoc, Alentejo, The Azores, Cape Verde, Grain Coast, Ivory Coast, Cantabria, Vizcaya, Castilla La Vieja, The Canarias, Pambu and Jeremoaba
Provinces Colonised: St Helena, Sergipe and Alagoas

Fitz

Much like the Leafhopper and the Meat Ant, the Golden Ambrosian Republic of Milan has formed a symbiotic relationship with our Aggressive Expansion. Under the wise leadership of our famed Captain & Defender, we live in perfect harmony. Whilst we gather provinces, a gaseous substance know as 'mana' is released which feeds the Aggressive Expansion allowing it to grow, and in turn, by its size it frightens away would be assailants from the kempt and beautiful lands of Italia.

fanboi

Banned
Ming:

fine_dog_fine_by_gold94chica-d956fhl.jpg

EDIT: To be honest, I think I can sort it out since I still had all my northern vassals and all claims remained. But Mandate of Heaven is a very poor mechanic since I couldn't control it (got a new ruler, empress, with 50 legitemacy).

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Legitimacy and everything connected to it (events, modifiers and disasters) are in general poorly incorporated into the game imho. It's extremely disheartening getting into whirldwinds of chains with absolutely no tools available to handle it.

I mean, Horde Unity was a challenge too, but that you could manipulate by constantly engaging in war and razing everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom