• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread |Session VII| of Get Rekt or Die Trying

• Thread starter Deleted member 125677
  • Start date

What will happen this game?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitz

Sorry for picking so close to you. :p I've been wanting to go back to Italy since I played Naples, couldn't pass up the chance, if not Milan, I'd have probably picked Florence.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Uzbek AAR:

Took down Nogai and Timurids, getting closer to Delhi :D Took the two first Admin ideas, looking forward to paying nothing for raze+core

Kabouter

eu4_map_psa_1476_08_2o7oov.png

eu4_map_psa_1476_08_2azqq1.png
Was a bit late with player map mode screenshot, sorry :p.

Was a pretty solid session for me, fanboi helped me take Ayutthaya on so I was able to expand a few provinces northward. Also finally got exploration ideas and started colonizing a bit (very very very very very slowly, stupid jungle)

Uzzy

Aragon AAR: Brought to you by some smooth Jazz

Very slow session. I fiddled around with my country while watching Europe burn. The war with Tunis and Touggourt proved bloodier than expected, and coming so soon after the giant war with the axis of evil, meant that a quiet session recovering and rebuilding was in order. So after I peaced out those two Berber nations, I settled down and enjoyed the fireworks on the mainland.

Also took my first idea. It's useless until I get the second idea, so my poor colonist will just have to sit in Valencia harbour until then. But soon he'll get his time to shine, especially with the problems facing the rest of Iberia.

Provinces Gained: Tunis
Provinces Gained for Tlemcen: Laghouat, Aures, Touggourt, Mzab

Steeven

Hungary AAR

Province gained: Albania

My offer is still up for any substitute who can take control of Hungary for the next two sessions while I'm away. Otherwise, good luck AI!

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Burgundy AAR

First half of the session was quiet and boring, mostly rebuilding diplomatic relations. It seemed it will be a boring session until the end when suddenly Austria decided to go to war again Switzeland which gave me the opening I was looking for. After waiting on the side for Austrian sieges to end I managed to get Bern and thought that was all for today. But meanwhile the highway to hell opened in the middle of Europe, with all those 100k soldiers of the dark. And that gave me the unexpected opportunity to test the defending capacities of some neighbors. A short war against Lorraine ended up with poor results because any decent request would have attracted the devil's attention on me. So I had to accept some money and war reparations. Especially since meanwhile Liege decided they want a part of the fun and started an insane war. As I have a small task linked to them, I thought their provinces must worth my AE more than Lorraine's. In the end I took one province, Liege and got a small coalition against, but nothing dangerous yet. It could have been much worse (and I hope it won't get there, most of the countries were at 51 AE).

Provinces gained: Bern, Liege.

CloudWolf

Papal States AAR

A whole lot of nothing, got two new Popes though and Pope Pius IV saw an opportunity and reconquered Siena while the Empress was too busy to protect her Free Cities and it turns out that Siena didn't actually border to Milan so the warning did nothing. Up yours, Fitz! Then he decided that it was way too much trouble to actually core it again, so we have a nice new Bishop vassal now. Yay!

Meanwhile, the threats from the north and the south grow and I'm fearing for my life.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Sweden AAR:

Started at war with Denmark, ended in (the same) war with Denmark. Got some new friends on the continent.

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
I was too busy on Wednesday to play, and there have been far too many disruptions already for me to get into the game, so I don't think I will continue as the Livonian Order. However, I could probably play for Steeven tomorrow (not sure about Wednesday).

CloudWolf

The mod isn't complete if I can't play as Johann Gambolputty de von Ausfern- schplenden- schlitter- crasscrenbon- fried- digger- dingle- dangle- dongle- dungle- burstein- von- knacker- thrasher- apple- banger- horowitz- ticolensic- grander- knotty- spelltinkle- grandlich- grumblemeyer- spelterwasser- kurstlich- himbleeisen- bahnwagen- gutenabend- bitte- ein- nürnburger- bratwustle- gerspurten- mitz- weimache- luber- hundsfut- gumberaber- shönedanker- kalbsfleisch- mittler- aucher von Hautkopft of Ulm.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Uzbek AAR

Productive conquering, took stuff from and surrounded Nogai, grabbed some essential parts of Timurids and their vassal north of Delhi, ate the small rest of Yarkand, and finally munched up Khiva that released from Timurids north of Persia. My truces with Timurids, Golden Horde and Delhi are all up now as well, so I have to think a little about where to go next first.

Uzzy

Aragon AAR: Brought to you by 'Spanish Sahara' by Foals, because it is now and because Life is Strange totally crushed Rocket League in the SteamGAF GOTY Awards, Suck it Robo.
Now we're even!

Started off the session with a slow pace, rebuilding manpower in an effort to get that lovely mission reward. It just so happened that I'd complete the mission around the time the truce with Castile ended. Funny that.

Once the truce was over, I declared on Castile and brought in France as a co-belligerent. France had three Human allies, Hungary, The Papacy and the Mamluks, who had rivalled me earlier, but they wisely abandoned the big blue blob to it's fate. This second war was even easier this time round, with Castile, France and Portugal mostly focusing on my valued ally and in no way sacrificial lamb Léon, while Burgundy and I sieged down all of France. I took Dauphine and Navarra from France, and Burgundy got two provinces.

With France out the way, the combined armies marched into Iberia and crushed all opposition. I took Madeira and the Algarve from Portugal, making sure to wipe out their explorator fleets, along with Rioja, Madrid, Toledo and La Mancha from Castile. It's important to kill those two nations before they get their self-perpetuating colonies going, so I think I'm doing well on that front.

Once Iberia was pacified, I turned my attention to North Africa. A quick war with Morocco allowed my favourite vassal Tlemcen to expand, while I took another coastal province to extend my colonial range just that little further. My colonist finally got a job to do, and wound up setting up in Arguin.

Jumping further south, I saw that the nation of Fulo, in West Africa, had no allies and a military tech level of 2. A clear and present danger, so I sent my best general, Gaspar Bielsa, to sort them out. It was a close run thing, but in the end Bielsa prevailed, and Aragon now has quite a presence in West Africa.

Also, my own explorator fleet set out and discovered the new world in 1491. Portugal and Castile are nowhere to be seen. It's all mine.

Provinces Gained: Ifni and Abda from Morocco. Madeira, Algarve from Portugal. Rioja, Madrid, Toledo and La Mancha from Castile. Dauphine and Navarra from France. Cayor, Trarza, Brakna, Tekrur, Wolof, Galam, Tagant in West Africa. Arguin colonised
Provinces Gained for Tlemcen: Tadla, Ouarzazate, Draa, Sus, Agadir and Haha

CloudWolf

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
It was not your fault, Spirited lured you/Steeven into a trap which was hard to spot
even for Spirited himself

Well I thought it would be a sweet chance to kill the ottomans as they attacked me alone and I had the same amount of men they had and a mil tech over them.
Ended up losing 15k men in the first battle and then I had to go kill rebels which made me end up at -20k manpower.
Felt really shitty seeing Hungary getting sieged after I pussied out after the war.

Mgoblue201

I'm so sorry ;_;
Just don't listen to my advice ever again.
I had -20k manpower and rebel problems couldn't do much more than peacing out.
Lpb5Rlz.jpg

I made lots of mistakes though. I could have peaced out for three provinces, but I got greedy and kept fighting. The war was actually trending in my favor at one point, but the Ottomans believed they were making gains and so they began asking for even more provinces. My army was exhausted by that point and there was nothing I could do about it. Anyway, next time Austria should be willing to help me reconquer those provinces.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
AAR Burgundy

Another war against France and Spain (and Portugal, but they don't really matter) another great victory for the Burgundy-Aragon alliance. Too bad the Pope didn't want to join the fun. Got Auvergne and Bourbon and the race to out-French the French is on. A small coalition popped-up, but most of Europe still hates Morfeo more. Still, I need now to cool down a bit. Overall quite a good first 50 years for Burgundy.

Provinces gained: Auvergne, Bourbon

Morfeo

A small coalition popped-up, but most of Europe still hates Morfeo more

Yeah, I knew you would be in trouble with AE, so wanted to take the steam off you by turning their attention towards me. Also destroyed the Poland-Lithuanian Commonwealth for Stefan, and wrecked havoc in the HRE for both of you, Jazz and Fitz as well. You can thanks me by donations!

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I knew you would be in trouble with AE, so wanted to take the steam off you by turning their attention towards me. Also destroyed the Poland-Lithuanian Commonwealth for Stefan, and wrecked havoc in the HRE for both of you, Jazz and Fitz as well. You can thanks me by donations!

Morfeo
(Today, 11:14 AM)

Morfeo

AAR: Du gamla du fria

Med Gud skall jag kämpa, för hem och för härd,
för Sverige, den kära fosterjorden.
Jag byter Dig ej, mot allt i en värld
Nej, jag vill leva jag vill dö i Norden,
Nej, jag vill leva jag vill dö i Norden.

After last weeks independence war, the feudal lords of Europe became worried about our courage to liberate the oppressed people from their chains, so they decided to join in an huge 23 nation coalition (when all was said and done) against the old nation of the free.

This happened in four waves of coalition wars, something which must be some kind of multiplayer record, and while I was safe behind the borders of first Storebælt, and then, after annexing København and the rest of Sjælland, Lillebælt, my brave allies the poles got completely wrecked, and ended up loosing their union with Lithuania. At least I can assure you their effort managed to build up some favor with us - well until they broke the alliance later on. Useless commonwealth. Stefan, you can thank us later.

Anyways, two of the coalition wars ended with a 48 month white peace before engaging in a single battle (including the imperialistic Ulms ambition of taking me on by themselves), and at game end yesterday, we still hadnt fought a single battle against any of them. The two remaining coalitions are falling apart though, thanks to interference from Austria, Bohemia and especially the Kurfürst in Brandenburg.

So while the belts gave some nice protection, we just couldnt sit still and witness the mess in our brotherlands of Denmark, where nobles and peasants alternated to rebel, so as soon as the truce was over, we decided to intervene in the conflict on the peoples side against their tyrans. And while it took some time to siege down Denmark, Norway joined as well, which should give us a nice opportunity to extend the peace next time.

Provinces gained: Sjælland
Vassals: Bremen, Verden
Nations wrecked: Poland-Lithuanian Commonwealth

Mgoblue201

Decades from now Morfeo will still be fighting those coalitions wars, because he won't concede anything and they won't accept white peace.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Decades from now Morfeo will still be fighting those coalitions wars, because he won't concede anything and they won't accept white peace.

I just hope he's able to break his other AI ally, Muscovy, in the process! :)

You can do it, Morfeo! I believe in you

Mgoblue201

Isn't there an automatic white peace? Sometimes I hear about it, but I've never actually seen it (except in EU3).

Morfeo

Isn't there an automatic white peace? Sometimes I hear about it, but I've never actually seen it (except in EU3).

I got it with two of the coalitions, will get with the third as well if just Muscovy fucks right off.

Edit: I actually wrote about it in my AAR just above.

Mgoblue201

I checked late and thought I saw you still in those wars, so I just assumed that they had continued until the end of the session.

Morfeo

I checked late and thought I saw you still in those wars, so I just assumed that they had continued until the end of the session.

I am still in two coalition wars, and a third war of peaceful expansion against Denmark that I started myself.

Mgoblue201

You have so many coalition wars that I can't even keep track of them all. They keep blurring together.

Morfeo

Haha yeah, it seems Europe's old monarchs are afraid of the New World Order that I am planning.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
What happens when you a) vassalize or b) annex a country that a third country has a mission on? That is, what happens to the mission?

Fitz

What happens when you a) vassalize or b) annex a country that a third country has a mission on? That is, what happens to the mission?

Depends on the mission, missions that grant claims will generally stay in place as far as I know, whereas missions to vassalize a nation, for example, will fail if the 3rd party nation no longer exists, as the CB to vassalize will be lost.

Fitz

Cameron working against Britain since 1594.

In other news, fanboi getting a much needed buff for tomorrow's games:
- Celestial Empire no longer reduces land forcelimit, and instead gives a boost to prestige.
- Confucianism will now give a 10% cost reduction for administrative tech instead of heathen tolerance.
Clearly Paradox heard his cries for help.

Uzzy

- Theocracies (with the exception of monastic orders) can no longer convert their rulers to generals.

RIP in peace Battle Pope, you were too good for this sinful Earth.

- Fleets on exploration missions will now gain "Time at Sea" attrition again.

OH FUCK YOU WIZ

Lithuania is getting a big development downgrade in 1.16.

All praise Wiz, for he is cruel and kind at the same time.

Here are the full patch notes, for some lovely bedtime reading. It's meant to be dropping tomorrow.

Fitz

I find it interesting that they essentially acknowledge that the PLC, or at least Lithuania, is too powerful right now but that we just have to suck it up until 1.16.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom