• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread |Session VII| of Get Rekt or Die Trying

• Thread starter Deleted member 125677
  • Start date

What will happen this game?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kabouter

Forgot to take player map mode shot, people had already mostly quit before I thought to do so. Sorry.

eu4_map_psa_1452_11_1ygqc4.png

Session went okay for me, but I really messed up in my last war by having troops exiled. Was a real beginner's mistake. Decided to demand only two provinces from Malacca, most I could take, instead of the like eight I wanted to demand :(. Oh well.

CloudWolf

Papal States AAR:

France attacked me literally the second after I allied Austria. Lost Avignon, but gained HRE membership. Of course that opened the way for me to show poor, little Siena the mysterious ways of God. So yeah, lost one, gained one.

Provinces lost: Avignon
Provinces gained: Siena

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
I have no plan, no strategy, no alliances. I haven't even looked at my nation since picking. I'm sure this will go fine.

And in the end - not even able to participate :(

AAR Burgundy 1444-1452

Despite starting in the worse possible position, with France, Castile and Austria as rivals and France and Austria being allies I had a good first session. Having Denmark as ally and England being so eager to get they hands dirty in Oopsy Daisy land, I gladly welcomed Morfeo independence war. The boy got a chance to go in holiday on the Normandy coast and got back as a souvenir to provinces undeservedly occupied by England.

Glad I could be of help, this part of your plan actually worked out really well since I didnt care about those normandy beaches at all. An AI Sweden probably woudnt have been as kind :)

Uzzy

Aragon AAR:

I started off the session with the horrible feeling of seeing France and Castile rivalling the mighty nation of Aragon. That was not a pretty sight, especially with Austria allying France to complete the nightmare. These states and their allies clearly constitute an axis of evil, threatening the general European peace.

Anyway, I put my planned start into effect. After securing a few alliances, I fabricated on the Tlemceni province of Dahra and launched a war against the dreaded Berber pirates. A fairly easy war all told, with even Naples outnumbering poor Tlemcen. I took the coastal provinces of Dahra, Oran and the province of Tlemcen, securing a coastal centre of trade in the process. I vassalised Tlemcen and turned them into a march, as they'll prove useful in taking the fairly useless inner provinces, while I grab the more useful centres of trade on the coast.

France went to war with the Papal States, bringing Austria in to defend Pope Jwitles I, but hopes of a fracture in the axis of evil were quickly dashed, with the French king making up with his Habsburg best buddy afterwards. Shocking stuff.

After fabricating on Provence, I took the golden opportunity provided by my Burgundian brothers in arms and declared on them, quickly landing troops and besieging their provinces on the mediterranean coast. It took a while for them to accept their annexation, but eventually Lorraine abandoned the fight and Provence was brought into the fold.

Hopefully I'll find a way to diplomatically isolate Castile, or else I'll always have the threat of that war hanging over my head. Taking on France, Castile and Austria at the same time is only going to end one way. Still, that's for another time.

Provinces Gained: Dahra, Oran, Tlemcen, Provence, Draguignan
Vassals Gained: 'Two Hands' Tlemcen, played by Revy from Black Lagoon.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Uzbek AAR:

Decent start, but got rivaled by Timurids from the start. 4 of my neighbors are now Timurids or Timurid allies/vassals lol. I did a maxed out grab war from Yarkand, and started a new war against big ass Oirat (who ate the entire Chagatai first thing in the game). It looks really promising, defeated both their armies (despite their scary 2-star general). And of course Ming is also in a war against them, and are taking care of their vassal and ally to the east.

I'm also going to enjoy being Mil Rank #1 for as long as that last.

Morfeo

Sweden AAR: Independence Day

Disappointing start with the loss of Crab, Red Arremer and MGO. But Sweden got on to a peaceful start, by having the Teutonic Order, Scotland and England all help out against the imperialists in København. While initially struggling in Normandy, we managed to buy off the corrupt leadership in Bourgogne, which left their danish allies alone and helpless against our superior morals. After some sieging and some loans (wow does Sweden have a terrible economy, could really use some oil amirite?), Denmark finally accepted the inevitable and not only gave up their overlordship of the cold north, but also ceded the norwegian lands of Jämtland and Herjedal, Trondelag (finally my local football team Brann can get the championship they deserve), Akershus and the home of Spirited Bohuslän, as well as Halland, Blekinge and Skäne from Denmark proper. After that it was all about paying off loans and cruising that 0 legitimacy. Decent start for the peaceful one!

Allies:
England, Scotland, Teutonic Order
Deadly enemies: Denmark and Kingsnake
Provinces gained: Skäne, Blekinge, Halland, Bohuslän, Akershus, Jämtland, Trøndelag

Fitz

Very bad timing for you Robo. :p You'll just have to conquer the world before then. But those UI changes are fucking sweet, the map mode changes in particular look like the perfect culmination of months of iteration upon that system.

edit: In hindsight, "perfect culmination" might have been too strong, but damn I love UI and map improvements.

Steeven

So I'll be managing diplomatic relations in Switzerland the 24th and 27th, is there anyone lurking here that can act as a substitute for two sessions?

Steeven

Too bad, I guess I will leave it up to AI then to manage the Hornygarian empire.

Btw, this is me after I return from Switzerland when I participate in the following session:

gob_huge_mistake_arrested_development.gif

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Don't be afraid, only thing that could destroy you is poland, ottomans, austria or bohemia while you're gone. :)

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Too bad, I guess I will leave it up to AI then to manage the Hornygarian empire.

Btw, this is me after I return from Switzerland when I participate in the following session:

gob_huge_mistake_arrested_development.gif

at least it'll be two sessions until Fitz backstab you! :D

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
~~If you want my future forget my past~~

Fitz

Were we allied? I don't remember, and let's be fair, it was pretty clear that war was going to happen the last time, I told you as much beforehand. :p

fanboi

Banned
Were we allied? I don't remember, and let's be fair, it was pretty clear that war was going to happen the last time, I told you as much beforehand. :p

Somewhere I have a print screen of our agreed borders! But hey! Who am I to ponder over lost times.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
~~I wont be hasty, I'll give you a try~~

CloudWolf

Papal States AAR

The game opened with a war with Fitz, which I lost... badly. My troops didn't retreat after a battle for some mysterious reason and that caused a 11K stack to be stackwiped. I also forgot/didn't know that 100% warscore didn't allow you to pick an answer, so I lost literally everything I had built towards. It took me the entire game to gain some new, strong allies, but I seriously doubt I will be able to do anything in this game since Aragon/Naples to my south is super strong and Milan to my north is also super strong. So I excommunicated KingSnake, mainly just because I could.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
AAR Burgundy: From now on we replace the champagne with Burgundian wine

A quiet first half of session, mainly building claims and annexing one vassal and watching the pathetic attempt of England at a war against France. Second half of the session was a perfect Blitzkrieg against France followed by the carpet besieging of Castile and Portugal. I only got Champagne out of this war, but the axis of evil is no longer a threat now. Even with Jwitjes deciding that the beating from Fitz is not enough and he wants to join the French fun. Also pushing me faster towards denouncing Catholicism.

Provinces gained: Champagne
Vassal annexed: Nevers

Steeven

Hungary AAR

Provinces gained: Oltenia, and three Bosnian provinces I cannot recall the name of.
Vassals gained: Wallachia, Serbia

Setbacks: I lost my three star general to some peasant scum. Also, after two regencies I just entered my third regency council when my king suddenly died while only reigning for a couple of years. Rumor has it he was sad for Jwitjes and died of depression.

Also, Ragusa insulted my king and I could do nothing about it because the Ottomans got their backs. Revenge will be sweet.

Uzzy

Today's AAR is brought to you by TEAM ARAGON: WORLD POLICE, in theatres this spring.

Started the session with a trivial war against Morocco, smashing them almost effortlessly. 'Two Hands' Tlemcen aided admirably, and were rewarded for their efforts with three provinces, the entirely not useless Fez, Tafilalt and Saoura, while I took Melilla for myself. With easy expansion now out of the way, I contacted our Burgundian brothers in arms and told them to ready themselves for war against the hated Axis of Evil.

As a war broke out between France and England, I moved troops into position around Provence, and after a short delay to learn some new military techniques, we declared on Castile over Murcia, and promptly blitzed France with 100,000 men. There were a few pitched battles in the mountainous terrain in Southern France which weakened the enemy's numbers, but it took the fall of Paris (and looting of fine brie, wine and baguettes) to force the French to the peace table. Champagne went to Burgundy, and we instructed France to annul their shameful alliance with Captain Habsburg.

With France out of the war, it was just a matter of time before Castile and Portugal were carpet sieged. 'Two Hands' Tlemcen did a great job taking Portugal's African territories, and were rewarded once more with Gharb and Dukkala, while I took Ceuta and Tangiers from Portugal, securing one half of the strait of Gibraltar. On the mainland, Castile was dealt quite a blow, losing Soria, Cuenca and Murcia and being forced to release Leon. In conclusion, a great strike for freedom was made against the enemies of peace in Western Europe.

Finished off the night with a declaration of war against Touggourt to feed Tlemcen some more provinces, while also stealing the wonderful trade port of Tunis from their Tunisian allies.

Provinces Gained: Melilla, Ceuta, Tangiers, Soria, Cuenca, Murcia
Provinces Gained for Tlemcen: Gharb, Dukkala, Fez, Tafilalt, Saoura

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Uzbek AAR:
Pretty boring session for me, but at least I finished off my eastern neighbors Oirat, Chagatai and Yarkand. Next time should be more fun, since I'm pretty much surrounded by Timurids. Timmy time!

Morfeo

Sweden AAR

Terribly boring session for me, had two 15k stacks of rebels that I spent most of my session getting destroyed by. But at least that kept me occupied until the danish truce ran out, a war I was able to just start the final five minutes of the game. I also gained some nice new allies in Muscovy and Poland. Well, at least I managed to beat Castlevania: Dracula X on the Snes while doing nothing!

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I got some big assigments that are late so will probably try to be passive while playing today as I will be a lot more concentrated on something else.

EDIT: Might be finished by 21:30, I really only have to write 2 more pages and send it in.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I'm very impressed by our waifu hunter! Aragon looks pretty amazing! KingSnake also seems to have played very, very well so far. That alliance will be a challenge for the rest of Europe for sure! :p

CloudWolf

I'm very impressed by our waifu hunter! Aragon looks pretty amazing! KingSnake also seems to have played very, very well so far. That alliance will be a challenge for the rest of Europe for sure! :p

And here I'm hoping that the Diplo Rep and Prestige malus for occupying Rome as a Christian will save me from full annexation until reformation.

Uzzy

I got some big assigments that are late so will probably try to be passive while playing today as I will be a lot more concentrated on something else.

EDIT: Might be finished by 21:30, I really only have to write 2 more pages and send it in.

I wonder who the Kingdom of Jerusalem's waifu is.

Just thinking aloud.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I haven't been in the mood for Paradox games!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom