• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Thread [Session VIII] of Brothers in Arms in Dire Straits

• Thread starter Deleted member 125677
  • Start date

What are you looking most forward to this session?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lach

I'll do something completely new for me and pick Vijayanagar.

I'm gonna chill in India.

Damn I wanted to chill in India :)

I think I'll pick Brunei. I have no idea how to play asian countries though.

[edit] Do we start tomorrow already? Or will I have time until Sunday to do some research?

Uzzy

Lithuania, Sweden and Brandenburg? Europe's looking pretty crowded already, with some real heavy hitters in play. I like it.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton

[edit] Do we start tomorrow already? Or will I have time until Sunday to do some research?

I don't think everybody will pick until tomorrow, so probably we will start on Sunday. But please consider that there are quite a number of people picking a country after you.

Steeven

I'm not playing after all. Haven't really felt like playing EU4 lately, so no point starting and dropping out after a couple of sessions

I feel the same, I'm going to sit this one out. I'm also lagging behind two expansions which will not benefit my chances in MP. How is the new expansion anyway, is it worth it?

Lach

I feel the same, I'm going to sit this one out. I'm also lagging behind two expansions which will not benefit my chances in MP. How is the new expansion anyway, is it worth it?

I like the new spy network mechanic, though I think it's to easy to fabricate claims now.
Sailors haven't had much impact on me yet (much less than manpower), though I have played with countries with lots of coastal provinces. If you only have one or two it will limit your ability to build up a fleet.
Trade Leagues seem like a great feature for small nations.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Do we start tomorrow already? Or will I have time until Sunday to do some research?

Nah, lots of people still have to pick. I'm guessing next Wednesday should be realistic though?

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I'm sorry but I think I will have to skip this one as I'm cutting down on the time I'm gaming by a lot and I'm pretty burnt out with EU4 as it is, sorry!
I'll be able to play when my summer break starts in mid-june.

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation

Lock down the Malacca and Bengal trade nodes and watch the ducats flow.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Might have to consider joining as well, if so, when do you start, and what would be my spot to pick?

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Guess I changed my mind again, my life is too busy to participate right now. Hopefully back for next round!

Fitz

I keep forgetting to post, I'm going to skip this round as well. Too many other games right now, not to mention Stellaris in a couple of weeks and HoI4 the month after, going to stick to some casual solo play for the moment.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
It really looks like we're unable to start this before Stellaris hits, so I wonder if there's a point on starting this now. Maybe do a Stellaris MP instead?

Lach

It really looks like we're unable to start this before Stellaris hits, so I wonder if there's a point on starting this now. Maybe do a Stellaris MP instead?

I kinda feel the same. Though I think most people would like to do a singleplayer play through first so we'd probably start in june earliest.

We could start regardless, and if a Stellaris MP session is starting to come together (and it'll probably take about a month so people can get used to the game, and the release bugs get ironed out), we could either stop the EU4 MP, or pause it.

I will be observing this. Hows the latest expansion btw? Worth getting?

I like most of the changes, but Corruption has some issues that I think have to be looked at. Protestant reformation and particularly force-conversions from Centers of Reformation are a huge pain in the ass for the mechanic, for instance.

I also feel like it's a lot more difficult to keep the corruption low early game than it is if you have a massive empire, although it's supposed to be opposing to bloated blobs.

I'd not say it's vital to have it, but it certainly is quite nice.

Uzzy

Image_Battle_Pope_Vol_1_Genesis.jpg

I pick the Papacy. Deus Vult.

I think I will wait to see what Roboleon picks and then decide if I wanna change my nation. Looks like the game isn't as full as it seemed before I picked being a native. :p

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
If I had to choose a country it would be Denmark but unfortunately I am currently on vacation, so I can't play. :(

Denmark is off since it starts with human controlled Sweden as a vassal, do you want to pick something else?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
If you guys want, you could just start! I'm considering just jumping in on something remote after a few sessions (I'll be missing out wednesday and next Sunday anyway I think), or just play as a stand-in for people.

But it might be too close, so Wednesday is probably a safer choice.

So I asked Roboleon what country he'd pick if he were to play. I won't disclose it (in case he doesn't want me to), but it's not going to be in the Middle Eastern region, so would it be okay with you guys if I played the Timurids, then? They are exactly at my rating (2.75). If that's too strong, I'd go with the Mamluks instead.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I'm picking Friesland

It would be good if someone else volunteered to host this session, as I'm probably going to be missing out a bit
and get annexed in two sessions

Lach

Wednesday. :)

Of course. I was on holiday til yesterday so I was a bit out of sync with weekdays.

You all realize that this means we'll start on the Stellaris release date. :D
[edit] fuck I didn't realize that's an answer in the poll. All I saw was my glorious merchant fleet...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom