• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Thread [Session VIII] of Brothers in Arms in Dire Straits

• Thread starter Deleted member 125677
  • Start date

What are you looking most forward to this session?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
VnXONi4.png

PLAYING HOURS:

WEDNESDAYS 21:30 - 23:00 CEST

SUNDAYS 21:00 - 23:00 CEST

GAME PASSWORD (quote to see):

Players:

Code:
Participating players:

Roboleon | Friesland
KingSnake | Lithuania
Frozenprince | Bohemia
Uzzy | Papal State
Fanboi | Sweden
Madridista |
Valhelm | Brandenburg
Lach | Brunei
Jwitjes | Vijayanagar
Red Arremer | Timurids

RULES:

Technical:
1. If you consistently cause the game to drop below speed 2, you will be kicked for the duration of the session.

2. One rejoin per session, if you crash out multiple times, wait for someone else to drop out and then you can of course also rejoin.

Gameplay:
3. Pausing only allowed when DoW happens to you. Then during the war it isn't acceptable. Players can pause once to make peace deals, but only for the allotted 25 seconds or so before others can unpause. PvP wars are not exempted.

4. Players may not guarantee, ally, or be guaranteed by more than 1 other player nation prior to 1500, 2 other prior to 1600, or 3 others prior to 1750. A coalition may not have more than 3 player nations prior to 1500, 4 player nations prior to 1600, or 5 player nations prior to 1750. This rule does not count for any player controlled subjects a player might have. No enforce peace in wars involving human players on either side. Indirect involvement in wars (for instance threatening someone with an attack unless they don't engage in a war against human players) counts as an alliance for the player being helped and thus is only allowed if the player being helped does not exceed its human ally limit in this fashion.

5. Player nations are open to attack once they miss three straight sessions, you can attack during that third session. If the AI attacks another player in his absence, they can demand up to 50% war score, but no more. If an AI playing for a human nation joins a war against a human player as a third party, up to 25% war score may be demanded from that country.

6. Maximizing the ticking war score means that the losing side must automatically meet the demands of the winning side. Achieving an overall war score of 80% also means the losing side must automatically meet the demands of the winning side. Peace demands can not exceed 100% war score. People can't be forced to peace out separately in a PvP war, to avoid peace demands from being truly excessive. Similarly, don't circumvent the war score cap by declaring multiple wars as a single alliance. If you do this, the total demands can't be more than 100%. If non-aligned human players both attack another human player, this obviously does not apply.

7. Can't attack a player nation with more than 50% tech group disparity, unless through a non-subject third party. Rule expires in 1600.

8. A general anti-exploit rule. Basically, if it looks like an exploit, then don't do it. Don't try to circumvent rules through trickery. If you're unsure if something violates this rule, ask.

Country Selection:
9. Don't pick someone else's vassal/personal union partner.

10. No more nation switching after the first five sessions.

11. Poland and The Ottoman Empire are not available to human players :'(

GAME SETTINGS

Normal Difficulty
No Bonuses
Historical Lucky Nations
Dynamic Province Names On
Locked Ledger
Only Host Can Save
Editable Save

USED DLC

Conquest of Paradise
Wealth of Nations
Res Publica
Sword and Crescent
Purple Phoenix.
Art of War
El Dorado
Common sense
Cossacks
(And a bunch of cosmetic stuff)

SERVER INFO (quote to see):

Player Ratings for Session VII
Uzzy - 5.00
Roboleon - 4.60
Kabouter - 4.40
Spirited - 4.27
Fitz - 4.00
Stefan - 3.68
Jazz - 3.65
Steeven - 3.55
KingSnake - 3.18
fanboi - 2.58
Morfeo - 2.48
Jwitjes - 2.45

Average Player Ratings for Country Selection
Mgoblue201 - 4.76
Kabouter - 4.54
crab - 4.31
Jazz - 4.28
Fitz - 4.12
Spirited - 4.12
Roboleon - 4.03
Toma - 3.76
Steeven - 3.71
haly - 3.47
Uzzy - 3.33
Gamma - 3.19
Stefan - 3.11
ZZMitch - 2.96
Morfeo - 2.89
KingSnake - 2.84
Jwitjes - 2.76
Red Arremer - 2.75
fanboi - 2.65
mleugie - 2.50
Valhelm - 2.23
FACE - 1.35
RickDeckerSpiegel - 1.28

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Previous sessions:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Session I
Session II
Session IV
Session V
Session VI
Session VII

End stats for last session:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=196147616&postcount=491

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Please sign up here: Leave steam name like this:

VileRoboleon

Quote to see link to spreadsheet, which contains information on Country ratings and selection, and a list of players.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I'll join in, was pretty burnt out with eu4 after the last game with mamluks but I hope I'll feel for it again now.

Spirited

Also Stellaris and HoI4 within a month of eachother is crazy and then Tyranny coming out this year too, Paradox has quite the line-up for this year.

Fitz

Presumably we're going to be starting after Mare Nostrum is out? I'm not sure I'll want to join yet, once the update is out I'll have a look see.

So it's two sessions a week? Sounds fun. LIS in the last thread I'm decidedly average but I enjoy the game and can usually keep myself afloat for an entire run.

I'm tentatively in right now, depending on how my Sunday schedule beats out.

Frozenprince18

Uzzy

I'm down for some more EU4. Hope to improve on last sessions performance. Steam name is Uzzy, of course.

fanboi

Banned
Also, where the fuck is the poll?

Also, why WHY Robo did you change the session number logic! BLASPHEMY! OFF WITH HIS HEAD.

Pachimari

Hmm, I might try it out but I have never played the game before, so it would probably be too hard for me to take it online right?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Oh btw! I'm not able to start before April 6th.

If you guys want to start like right away, I'll just sit this one out! :)

Hmm, I might try it out but I have never played the game before, so it would probably be too hard for me to take it online right?

I'd recommend trying it out a bit first! Just to not have to spend the entire first couple of sessions to familiarize yourself with UI etc. We definitely welcome players of all skill levels though.

Valhelm

contribute something
I should be able to play, this time around. On Wednesdays I'll need to dip out immediately at 23:00, though.

CloudWolf

How did I completely miss the new thread? The film festival I've been working for was last week, so I have a bunch of time again. I will join.

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
What exactly will Mare Nostrum change?
Reworked naval combat, naval missions, sailors (essentially, naval manpower), trade leagues, Condottieri for renting out armies in other wars, map changes in Britain and Africa, and a new espionage system. I'm actually most interested in the last change. Instead of investing a lot of time to complete a single espionage mission, diplomats are now sent to a country and build up a generic spy network. As long as you have enough "points" built up, all espionage actions, like fabricating claims, are instantaneous. At least that's how I understand it.

Uzzy

We going to use Crab's fiddly normalisation for the country ranks again? Also, should we perhaps start picking countries, or is Mare Nostrum going to change things enough that we should wait?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Is it safe to start picking countries now? Any last minute participants?

How about the birthday boy?? Kabooouuter!!!
🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂

Is it safe to start picking countries now? Any last minute participants?

How about the birthday boy?? Kabooouuter!!!
🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂

1 cake = 5 years old, right?

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Do we use the same country list? Who picks first?

Also thanks for not appreciating my Burgundy game, I still have some nice choices.

Uzzy

Oh god, I'm going to fail horribly again because I haven't played a second of the new DLC, aren't I?

It's fine, this video detailing all the important changes is all you need.

As for who picks first, I think this is the list, going by the people who have signed up and their scores.

Spirited | 4.12
Fitz (?) | 4.12
Roboleon | 4.03
Steeven | 3.71
Uzzy | 3.33
Stefan (?) | 3.11
Frozenprince | 3
Lach | 3
Madridista | 3
KingSnake | 2.84
Fanboi | 2.65
Valhelm | 2.23

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
It's fine, this video detailing all the important changes is all you need.

As for who picks first, I think this is the list, going by the people who have signed up and their scores.

Spirited | 4.12
Fitz (?) | 4.12
Roboleon | 4.03
Steeven | 3.71
Uzzy | 3.33
Stefan (?) | 3.11
Frozenprince | 3
Lach | 3
Madridista | 3
KingSnake | 2.84
Fanboi | 2.65
Valhelm | 2.23

Meaning I'm last to pick?

smjanssen

I'm not playing after all. Haven't really felt like playing EU4 lately, so no point starting and dropping out after a couple of sessions

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, let's start signing up!

PLAYING HOURS:

WEDNESDAYS 21:30 - 23:00 CEST

SUNDAYS 21:00 - 23:00 CEST

Quote to see link to spreadsheet:

Picking order:

Fitz (?) | 4.12
Roboleon | 4.03
Uzzy | 3.33