• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hilarious rumor: Milo Ventimiglia for Marvel's PUNISHER

Status
Not open for further replies.
www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/CBMNewsLMB10/news/?a=102301#SyJhOBlsuGUdmT7r.01

On my phone so bear with me:

Note: I am at a wedding, so the reason I didnt post the photo is cause I don't want buff pics of Milo on my phone here. Come on guys.

Milo Ventimiglia is a big comic fan, in particular Namor and Batman, and also lent his likeness to the comic book Rest. If that wasn't enough, he also starred in the popular show Heroes. Now that we know he won't be returning to that in the upcoming Heroes: Reborn, it appears that Milo has his sights set on another character - a not so nice one.
The actor recently responded to a tweet from Captain America: The Winter Soldier actor Frank Grillo, who said forget being a rockstar - "Be in a Marvel movie", to which Milo replied "Sounds like a plan." Then a while later, Milo tweeted out "#FrankCastle says go f*ck yourself Friday. LA, CA. @RussCundiff @nathanedmondson @Marvel", with an attached image showing him in a Punisher shirt. He went on to tweet "Hating the world right now buddy, Punisher style", followed up by some more tweets and retweets that were either Milo lobbying for the role hard, or Milo hinting that he could well be the Punisher.
More interestingly, Nathan Edmondon, who is the current writer on the brilliant Punisher series, likes the idea - a lot. He retweeted Milo's various tweets, even saying himself "[Milo] would make a helluva Frank, right?" Milo's also been interacting with Daredevil showrunner Steven De Knight recently, saying "And you know a thing or two about great stories." Will we see Milo suit up as Frank Castle in Marvel's upcoming Daredevil show? Who knows!
That's all I could find, and although it likely is just Milo lobbying for the part, it is also very possible that he and a few others are dropping some hints before Marvel makes the announcement official. What would you think of Milo as the Punisher? Drop a comment below!

Marvel's Daredevil is set to air in early 2015, whilst Nathan Edmonson's The Punisher run is on sale now.

Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/CBMNewsLMB10/news/?a=102301#llgxep1YeaJacVt4.99

Sincerely I'm on my phone, can someone else post the photo Milo posted and the tweets?

Interesting choice if it pans out.

Edit: btw, Nathan Edmondson's current run on Punisher is fucking excellent. I could see Milo playing this version of Castle. More Justified than The Wire.

Biochet

you must be using a Nokia flip phone from 1998 if you can't post a photo.

miloventimiglia300.jpg

the dude from heroes, i dont know what to make of this

edit: changed image because holyfuk.jpg its hugge

Sean

Banned
Terrible actor.

Has he even gotten any work since Heroes went off the air? I can't remember seeing him in anything.

DieH@rd

Banned
With good script and direction, anyone can be awesome on screen. Even Milo.

So, I dont care who they pick as long as showrunners are not copying Agents of SHIT.

When he tries to do the brooding, angry thing it comes across as a guy trying to be brooding and angry. Not natural at all. He was pretty bad in Mob City but that's the last thing I saw him in. He's also not very physically imposing at all. Granted it's hard to tell in TV and movies how big a guy is, but everything he's been in he comes across as short.

v1lla21

Fuck, I thought it was a casting for an upcoming The Punisher movie. I need one!! If Marvel would to do one and go all out with, it could be amazing!

Leunam

Ray Stevenson, just get Ray Stevenson . I don't care that he already plays one of Thor's buddies.

Yeah, why is everyone saying Thomas Jane when we have Ray Stephenson. Dude looks like Punisher Max Frank and I think that's a good direction to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom