• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hilarious rumor: Milo Ventimiglia for Marvel's PUNISHER

Status
Not open for further replies.
He looks too much like an "every man". A nice, approachable guy.

Thomas Jane was so fucking perfect. Dat Dirty Laundry : (

Imagine a cable series with that mood and tone.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
I'd like to see Ray Stevenson do it again, without a campy script.

Never dug Thomas Jane as Punisher, even in the short.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm confused. The MCU has had its Punisher since 2004:

Bgz3Ab4.jpg

Why would they need to recast?
The MCU started in 2008.

I'd like to see Ray Stevenson do it again, without a campy script.

Never dug Thomas Jane as Punisher, even in the short.

Agreed aside from the bad script and comic relief moments, Ray Stevenson was the perfect Frank Castle/Punisher. Super huge towering vigilante that showed little remorse. I think that The Punisher may also work better as a TV series rather than a movie. I would rather they gave him a Netflix series rather than Luke Cage.

I think Anson Mount could be a decent Punisher:

4577336_orig.jpg

Throw in Mads Mikkelsen as Jigsaw.

This kind of guy actually works in terms of look. A guy who could convincingly stare into your soul with a glare. I'm not saying this is who they should cast as I don't watch Hell on Wheels so I can't speak to his acting ability, but that's the kind of look they should go for. Milo can't pull that off without looking like a drama student trying to be tough.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
This kind of guy actually works in terms of look. A guy who could convincingly stare into your soul with a glare. I'm not saying this is who they should cast as I don't watch Hell on Wheels so I can't speak to his acting ability, but that's the kind of look they should go for. Milo can't pull that off without looking like a drama student trying to be tough.

He did good acting in Hells, so did Common
He knew how to play his character

I can see him as the Punisher, will need to build up his upper body a lil bit

Murrah

Banned
Dude does this really weird thing with his mouth when he tries to act angry and shit.

Thomas Jane is the only Punisher.

Isn't half of his face partially paralyzed or something? Think I remember hearing about that during height of Heroes popularity.

Anyway, never seen him in anything but Heroes and that's not a good litmus test for acting ability, so I have no real opinion on this idea. But Punisher vs Daredevil on the tv show would be amazing

Anung

Un Rama
I don't think I could get past the weird side mouth thing he does when he talks. Person who plays Frank needs to be built like a machine. I do hope we get a Punisher series eventually.

Terry Crews was born to play The Barracuda.

This better not be for some PG-13/network television revival. If you're going to neuter the character you might as well not do it at all.

MacNille

Banned
As long they make it set in MAX univerise, I am happy. I don't want fucking Iron man or shit like that in my punisher film. And try to make it set in the 80s or 70s. I want to see him as a Vietnam vet.

antonz

They really should just get Jane back. The Dude loves the character and is willing to jump back in. The only reason he left was all he feet dragging over the 2nd movie.

Dirty Laundry shows he can do the darker tone just fine so Punisher Max that stuff.

Pachinko

Well if nothing else, we'll get our first side talking punisher if this happens. As long as there aren't any Nathans in punisher mythology I believe we'll be okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom