• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Journey releasing March 15th in JPN PSN (1200 yen)

Syrionus

Neo Member
Solely for this? Bad idea. Buying it for this and a bunch of the other interesting exclusives out there, good idea.

No, there are a few other games I am interested in. I just never got the push over the edge feeling I am getting with this game.

Really? For this? I'm sure it'll be a good experience but this is the reason you're getting a PS3?

See my above statement. Thinking this is the push I have been waiting for.

Don't worry man, I pulled the trigger on a PS3 because of this game (just got it 2 days ago). Of course, there are other exclusives I want to play like Uncharted 1-3, Last of Us, and Dragon's Crown but Journey was definitely the tipping point for me.

mclem

It's crossed my mind that after hearing lots of things about this, after seeing lots of movies of beautiful deserts with triangular people running around in them...

...I *still* have no idea how it actually plays.

ScOULaris

Untitled-2-1.gif
<-- Me on March 13th. Can't wait!

Most anticipated game of the year right here.

Question: Does the game only have online co-op play or can two people play on the same console? My girlfriend is probably going to hog it for a while. :|

Would be bought except I lost my Japan account during the hack... Forgot password and email. Is it still possible to set one up or did they block that?

Cesar

Banned
Day one. The Beta was really great. And, best sand ever in a videogame, Uncharted 3, eat you heart out.

xptoxyz

Most anticipated game of the year right here.

Question: Does the game only have online co-op play or can two people play on the same console? My girlfriend is probably going to hog it for a while. :|

AFAIK, unless changed, you can only meet strangers online, and are unable to communicate with them in any way other the in game "gestures".

Posted this in the other thread, but I'll bring it here. Trophies for Journey revealed:

Threshold
Cross the broken bridge without completely rebuilding it.

Mirage
Find the hidden desert flower.

Explore
Discover all cloth creatures in the desert.

Adventure
Pass through 15 gates while surfing through the sunken city.

Trials
Sneak through the underground passage without tearing your scarf.

Ancestors
Find a mysterious creature hidden in the temple.

History
Uncover all 10 ancient glyphs.

Crossing
Reach the summit with a companion and return to the beginning.

Rebirth
Finish the game and return to the beginning.

Companion
Finish the game with the same partner for the majority of the journey and
return to the beginning.

Reflection
Sit and meditate with another player for more than 20 seconds.

Wonder
Meet 10 or more unique travelers.

Return
Start the journey again after a week long break.

Transcendence
Collect all unique glowing symbols across one or more journeys.

dreamfall

Oh! my! goodness! So excited! thatgamecompany makes me so utterly happy!

Edit: It may be too soon, but part of me wishes this had a Move control scheme. Something simple, like hold the T button to move forward, in any direction you point. And the Move button for Jump or Call. March, please hurry up and get here.

Speculation over on thatgamecompany's forums is that the game will be released one week prior to the 13th, perhaps on the 6th, for PS+ members.

Could it be true? Maybe! And maybe everyone is just overreacting.

Speculation over on thatgamecompany's forums is that the game will be released one week prior to the 13th, perhaps on the 6th, for PS+ members.

Could it be true? Maybe! And maybe everyone is just overreacting.

It looks like the PS Plus stuff may be scrapped for the time being.

And the game is coming out in the U.S. before Japan, so you don't need to get a Ticket for the JP PS Store.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
http://andriasang.com/comzzo/zen_pack/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Sony will be commemorating the Japanese release of Journey with a promotion involving thatgamecompany's previous two games, Flow and Flower (or Flowery as it's known in Japanese). The two games will be combined in the single "Zen Pack" for a limited time. This will be priced ¥1,000, a savings over buying both games at their regular ¥800 price.

Those who buy the Zen Pack will also be given a discount on Journey. The game will be available to Zen Pack buyers for ¥1,000, down from its regular ¥1,200 price.

The Zen Pack will be available from March 1 through March 14.

gogogow

Day one. The Beta was really great. And, best sand ever in a videogame, Uncharted 3, eat you heart out.

Only finished UC3 once, but I thought the sand/desert in UC3 was quite underwhelming after how much ND hyped it up. Aside from your footsteps dissolving, I really didn't find it too impressive. I don't even remember there to be a lot of sand particle effects like that Journey gif. I really need to play it again and platinum the game.

jett

D-Member
Were/are you disappointed with Flower's price tag? If Journey is a comparable experience - and it looks like it's shaping up to be - the price is pretty much a nonissue to me.

I love Flower, but Flower was 9.99. I was expecting Journey to have the same price. I'll still buy it, but I do hope it's longer than two hours.

jiggles

Banned
How does that work for digital download stuff on PSN and XBLA? How does it know which state's tax rate to use?

I'm not from the US, so I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think XBLA takes the tax when you buy MS Points based on your billing address, and PSN does it at the point of purchasing the game, also based on your billing address.

gogogow

It'll be 12,95 or something like that. They don't (usually) do conversions like 1$ = 1&#8364; for games, mostly just hardware...

True, but only for PSN games, well some are still 1:1 I believe, but retail games are still 1:1. $59.99 = &#8364;59.99

Top Bottom