• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Journey releasing March 15th in JPN PSN (1200 yen)

StuBurns

Banned
There is a lot of stuff we can't even mention in the reviews :)
You've finished it? Could you possibly answer one question?

In the beta, there were three optional 'cutscenes', which seemed significant in their role of telling the game's story. Do you have to search everywhere to get a real understanding of the story, or can you just go thru naturally, and maybe hunt every area on a second play thru?

If you can't answer that, that's cool of course.

kassatsu

Banned
Also the US embargo is march 2nd at 9am. That march first date might be wrong because scee forgot it was leap year.

Stuburns: you will not miss any of the storytelling.

I have been casually interested in this game from afar, but haven't really looked into exactly what it's about. How positive was the reaction to the beta?

StuBurns

Banned
I have been casually interested in this game from afar, but haven't really looked into exactly what it's about. How positive was the reaction to the beta?
Overwhelmingly, on GAF at least, but to be fair, the chances are high they were for the most part ThatGameCompany fans already.

StuBurns

Banned
I've been considering playing solo first time, because I'm worried of people fucking around trying to spoil it for people. Then again, I'll play it day one, you'd have to be dedicated to being a twat to start trolling ten minutes after it goes on sale.

Just a friendly warning for anybody wanting to read the GamesRadar piece: it has a thinly-veiled, major spoiler about the end of the game at the beginning of the last paragraph.

Can't believe nobody mentioned the obvious ones:

Journey |OT| Just a smalltown girl living in a lonely world
Journey |OT| Don't stop believing

StuBurns

Banned
DerZuhälter;35423067 said:
Can't believe nobody mentioned the obvious ones:

Journey |OT| Just a smalltown girl living in a lonely world
Journey |OT| Don't stop believing
Can't believe you didn't know mine was that.

Patapwn

Really? That's less than Flower. Surprising.

Maybe straight path, but I spent more than that in the beta personally.

I'm not sure where 2 hours is coming from, but I remember a statement from genova claiming you could beat the game in 3 hours. There's a distinction between a game being X hours long and a game being beatable in X hours. I guess we'll find out soon though

Cyberia

Hugo Bustillos ‏ @NOTORIOUSxHUG

Played Journey last night. No need to release any other games this year. #GOTY

Hugo Bustillos ‏ @NOTORIOUSxHUG

@johnnyminkley 7.1 surround sound heaphones and the lights off = perfect. There are too many amazing moments to mention.

Johnny Minkley ‏ @johnnyminkley

@DolphGB If you enjoyed the beta, the full thing'll blow you away.

https://twitter.com/#!/johnnyminkley

StuBurns

Banned
I don't even remotely doubt this game is incredible, but man, I hope the hyperbole doesn't cause some huge backlash, I can see it happening.

Danielsan

I don't even remotely doubt this game is incredible, but man, I hope the hyperbole doesn't cause some huge backlash, I can see it happening.
There is always backlash. A ton of gamers won't get this game. I say fuck 'm all. The beta was my GOTY 2011 and Flower was my GOTY 2009. This game is going to be pure bliss.

nofi

Just adding to the hype. Finished the game at the weekend there and it's the single best thing I've played in years.

Fucking amazing.

Top Bottom