• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LOST 06.03: "What Kate Does" (The Del Taco On La Cienega Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blader

otake said:
I really don't like the whole temple thing. I've had it with new characters antagonizing our protagonists. They hate each other enough! It seems like every season a new big organization with lots of members is introduced and henceforth hate on the losties.

The writers really need to stop with the repetition. why the fuck do we need a shang tsung character who speaks japanese for no reason? Is this going to be like the final season of Friends, where the writers just stopped caring? will we see kate dating hurley?

dude, he was just introduced to the show. At least wait a couple weeks before writing him off as pointless.

Dead

well not really...yet
Catalix said:
I agree there. I'm totally down with Kate's motivation for going back, it's very noble and self-less.

But the execution was off. She didn't seem too concerned about the whole thing once she got to the Island.
Did she even ask where Claire was? I seriously don't remember her ever asking about it.

gdt

I think people are forgetting that Kate JUST got to The Island-2007.

How was she gonna find Claire in 1977?

No one reads the bottom of the page.

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
Blader5489 said:
dude, he was just introduced to the show. At least wait a couple weeks before writing him off as pointless.

Having to translate everything, having to listen to him say something and wait for a character to ask for a translation, followed by some arguing and the eventual meaningless translation is frustrating. It adds all this filler, see.

Jack: "who are you?"
shang tsung: "something something something"
glasses: gives jack a bad look
jack: what did he say?
glasses: stares
Hurley: what did he say?
glasses: nothing. walks away

LOST

syoaran

gdt5016 said:

No one reads the bottom of the page.

Thats kind of the point - she's not going to find Claire in 1977. She doesnt even ask Sawyer or anyone if she time traveled with them. It doesnt even look like it crossed her mind the entire time she was there. I know what your saying, but the way it was handled after she arrived on the Island was pretty bad considering everyone else had a lot of exposition. I'm still hoping in S6 that she will get to meet claire and ask her wtf happened and break down etc, make up for the lack of exposition in S5.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
gdt5016 said:

Not forgetting any of that.

Would've been nice to see Kate investigate a little further.

"Have you guys seen Claire?"
"Could she have time jumped with the rest of you?"

Maybe a little anxiety/ and or regret about this major hitch in her mission. you know, something.

For all the Japanesse guy haters.
Japan is the country of the rising sun.
If you know your future episode titles
Sundown
...maybe that is what they're referring to.

neoism

Solo said:
Ep. 4 is what discriminating bosses are looking forward to....
OK fuck it, can someone link me to the episode titles... I think I should go ahead and read'em!!!...

ZeoVGM

Banned
ErasureAcer said:
For all the Japanesse guy haters.
Japan is the country of the rising sun.
If you know your future episode titles
Sundown
...maybe that is what they're referring to.

According to Wiki, the
Sun & Jin_____
episode is later in the season. I believe
"Sundown"
is about
________Sayid

DrEvil

not a medical professional
28 posts for me in the last thread eh? Jebus.

It's increasingly hard waiting for tuesday night. Why, you ask?

Bioshock 2 is out tomorrow, and I am not allowed to play it until my GF gets home from work (she wants to watch.. bowchickawowow), but when my GF gets home from work is when LOST is on, so my tuesday night will go long into the evening.

LOST first, then bioshock :D

neoism

Pakkidis said:
The weeks wait is killer, I may just wait until the end of the season and watch everything at once but I'm not strong enough.
Yeah it was pretty bad, the best thing to do though is just watch last weeks episode on Saturday or Sunday, because one viewing isn't enough, usually the episodes go by sooo fast, but it being 2 hours last week made it seem longer!

omg rite said:
According to Wiki, the
Sun & Jin_____
episode is later in the season. I believe
"Sundown"
is about
________Sayid

Probably makes more sense that the Japanese guy.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
DrEvil said:
28 posts for me in the last thread eh? Jebus.

It's increasingly hard waiting for tuesday night. Why, you ask?

Bioshock 2 is out tomorrow, and I am not allowed to play it until my GF gets home from work (she wants to watch.. bowchickawowow), but when my GF gets home from work is when LOST is on, so my tuesday night will go long into the evening.

LOST first, then bioshock :D

Hehe, since I'm on the west coast I have to deal with that 3hr delay bullshit so some Bioshock 2 in between then will help. :D

DrEvil

not a medical professional
You know what else is increasingly difficult? trying to avoid spoilers.

In past seasons I'd be like "what the hell is going on" and want to know, so I'd look up general story outlines for the upcoming eps.. and then this year during the summer/winter I'd read up on episode titles, but I don't want to spoil the show for me any further.. and it's getting so hard to resist that temptation..

This is the last time we'll get a huge surprise from LOST, and I don't want to mess that up :(

For instance, I knew there'd be an alternate timeline way back in the summer, so watching the first 4 minute clip last week wasn't a big deal... Beyond that, I'm not touchin it!

omg rite said:
Oh, I'd be surprised if he ever gets a flashback episode. I don't think that will happen.

I was just saying for the haters that he might die that episode. That's the best I can make of that episode title. :lol

Blader

omg rite said:
Oh, I'd be surprised if he ever gets a flashback episode. I don't think that will happen.

Yeah, most of the episodes have already been spoken for (in terms of who they focus on) and I think it's easy to guess the rest.

ZeoVGM

Banned
It's not even announced or attached to an episode title yet, but I'm excited for the "it's obvious it will happen" Claire flashback episode. Haven't had one since season 3. Can't wait to see what she's been doing the past 3 years.

Yaweee

omg rite said:
It's not even announced or attached to an episode title yet, but I'm excited for the "it's obvious it will happen" Claire flashback episode. Haven't had one since season 3. Can't wait to see what she's been doing the past 3 years.

Worm food.

neoism

FleckSplat said:
I'm so glad I didn't start watching Lost until last summer and then burned through the five seasons on Netflix. Amazing experience.
YES, imagine someone a year from now that's never heard of it, having all season at their disposal...

Dead

well not really...yet
Whatever you do, don't watch the Lost season 6 Blu-Ray trailer. Supposedly it spoils something related to
Claire

Can't wait for this episode, I want to know what happens to sayid and more Flocke badassery. ("Yes, me." was the best scene in E02, so badass..)

Dead

well not really...yet
Full Recovery said:
We got so close towards the end of 6.02. "It's to keep him out!" hurley:"who?!"
cut scene.
It seems like these guys are more in the know than even Ben even though he was their leader for 15 or so years

EliCash

I really don't understand why there is so much Kate hate.

Well I kind of do...but still. I like her, always have. She's a complex gal. But I guess haters gonna hate.

Also, there better be some Sawyer epicness in What Kate Does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom