• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LOST 06.09: "Ab Aeterno" (Translation: Perfect Abs Forever)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Nameless said:
c-users-jeremy-videos-capture-sn-6.jpg

LOST
Damn, I was looking for a screen cap too!

Not bad casting at all :lol

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
This episode better live up to my expectations! I've been waiting years for this kind of episode.:D

theJwac

Nameless said:
The million dollar question is if polls hold, and it's down to LOST & Community, which way does Costanza vote?

He has until sundown to decide.
The answer to this question is almost as intriguing to me as tonight's episode.

I don't even know why some of you doubt: this will be the best episode ever, better than The Constant better than Through the Looking Glass, better than Walkabout, better than anything you can imagine.

I don't care if all of it is just Richard backstory and no real answers are given, we have been waiting for this since Season 3!

yacobod

Banned
Saren is Bad said:
I don't even know why some of you doubt: this will be the best episode ever, better than The Constant better than Through the Looking Glass, better than Walkabout, better than anything you can imagine.

I don't care if all of it is just Richard backstory and no real answers are given, we have been waiting for this since Season 3!

only way this could be the best episode eva is if Desmond makes a gloriuos cameo appearance brotha

Son of Godzilla said:
I just watched Recon, that was a really good episode. This whole season has been good, feels a lot like season 2.

No way. You? You're not trashing LOST every chance you get like last year?

HowardRoark said:
No way. You? You're not trashing LOST every chance you get like last year?
If you'd like I can talk about how awful last season was? This season has been good overall. Still lots of corny, cringeworthy shit; but mostly it's been much improved.

Actually, maybe this is just a side-effect of having watched that godawful Kate episode. Everything afterwards seems pure gold.

I posted this in the last thread, but I think it may have been drowned out by discussion of Flashforward, of all things, so I'll bring it up again.

In "Dr. Linus", Flocke comes to Ben and tells him to meet everyone at Hydra Island... but at the time, he and his group were nowhere near Hydra Island, and as far as we know, Flocke had no idea what he would find over there (hence why he sends Sawyer to do recon). We know this because at the time Flocke shows up to Ben, Widmore hadn't reached the island yet.

So why would Flocke do that? Is it possible he was sending Ben to go and be murdered along with the rest of the Ajira passengers, or was he just trying to send Ben to do the same job he ultimately sent Sawyer to do?

On that note, who do you think is the better liar overall, taking the entire series into account (not just the past season or so, where Ben has been pretty.... broken): Ben, or Sawyer?

Reno7728

ThLunarian said:
I posted this in the last thread, but I think it may have been drowned out by discussion of Flashforward, of all things, so I'll bring it up again.

In "Dr. Linus", Flocke comes to Ben and tells him to meet everyone at Hydra Island... but at the time, he and his group were nowhere near Hydra Island, and as far as we know, Flocke had no idea what he would find over there (hence why he sends Sawyer to do recon). We know this because at the time Flocke shows up to Ben, Widmore hadn't reached the island yet.

So why would Flocke do that? Is it possible he was sending Ben to go and be murdered along with the rest of the Ajira passengers, or was he just trying to send Ben to do the same job he ultimately sent Sawyer to do?

On that note, who do you think is the better liar overall, taking the entire series into account (not just the past season or so, where Ben has been pretty.... broken): Ben, or Sawyer?

Probably because at that time, before Widmores arrival, he had just killed off all the Ajira dudes and Hydra was looking all nice, but then Widmore turned up and kinda took it for himself, but Ben was already lost to the 'good guys'

Son of Godzilla said:
If you'd like I can talk about how awful last season was? This season has been good overall. Still lots of corny, cringeworthy shit; but mostly it's been much improved.

Actually, maybe this is just a side-effect of having watched that godawful Kate episode. Everything afterwards seems pure gold.

Just color me surprised that you have positive things to say about the show.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
I'm calling this:

The thing locked inside the sub, is the girl Faraday put into a vegetative state because of his experiments.

TheGreatDave said:
Hey guys, how about that Flashforward?!
I was gonna make that exact same joke :lol

Great minds...

oatmeal

Banned
I say it's a bomb. Can't be a person, why would you double lock a person.

Has to be something that Widmore doesn't want anyone to touch, probably due to it being dangerous...and they are in a sub...

WTF? Atlantic Canada feed of Lost cut out on me just before the episode started! I guess they are blacking it out for Toronto. Oh well, one more hour!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
oatmeal said:
I say it's a bomb. Can't be a person, why would you double lock a person.

Has to be something that Widmore doesn't want anyone to touch, probably due to it being dangerous...and they are in a sub...

But do you keep a weaponed sentry posted at the door, if it's a bomb. ESPECIALLY if said guard was FACING the door? If it's something that is inanimate, you have no worries of it trying to escape. You can keep your back to it, and watch the other direction. A guard facing the door, is guarding people coming towards the door (ala Sawyer) but also whatever might come out of the door.

Calcaneus

Milk Lizard said:
I'm hoping for more 1998 quality CGI of the sub.
:lol That ending to Dr Linus was so hilarious. When that periscope went up, it looked so terrible I half expected it to be another flashsidways of Ben playing with toys while taking a bath.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom