• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass shooting at the Mandalay Bay Las Vegas; 58 dead, 500+ injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jviggy43

Calm the fuck down and stop looking for shit to get riled up about. Gaf may be a direct line of communication to any gaffers on the strip right now, hence the “stay safe vegas-gaf”

Seriously thats the equivalent of telling someone happy birthday and then someone getting upset that you didn't mention everyone else who may have a birthday on the same day. Stay safe vegas gaf does not equal I hope only gaf stays safe.

rjinaz

There are no signs of anyone getting hit. There is the video of someone kneeling next to a person but no reaction from others around them that the person was shot.

I mean it's dark and even if bullets hit people they might be able to keep moving for a bit with their adrenaline pumping.

kmax

Name of the dead shooter is out.

Don't post it here.

Unless it's verified by the authorities, it's unverified and speculative and should not be posted.

As always, it's best to wait for the authorities to release information.

iGeodude

Very terrifying, I was at Mandalay Bay a month ago for a conference. I hope the casualties are low. Please everyone in Vegas, stay safe.

Keri

I'm not going to click on the picture linked above, but it pains me to know that the family members of the victims shown, don't even know they've been killed yet...

It really seems like these pictures should not be going around right now.

God, shootings at concerts/festivals like that are always the most horrifying things to witness. So many people in such an open space. Really hoping the casualty count stays low.

This is horrific. BBC reporting 2 dead and 24 injured, but I guess we can expect that number to rise.

Please let’s not see it rise... those poor people just enjoying a night out...

Between
Canada, France and now the United States today all hit with terror attacks what the fuck is going on???

Brickhunt

My God. I am in Vegas, and not too far from the Strip. Lucky today was my wife's day off, otherwise I would probably be in the Strip right now. To anyone out there, please be safe.

heard on the scanner: "a white male carrying a long rifle is going into nightclubs and clearing them out. probably the cause of the pandemonium"

dude probably thinks he's one of those "good guys with guns" smh

Fliesen

Jesus. Those pictures are horrific. Stay safe Mario.

The whole photo stream is rather horrific - how it, from one picture to the next - changes from concert pictures to the aftermath of a mass shooting.

horrific.

Damn, I’m supposed to go to Vegas on Friday. Makes me a little nervous now.

I mean, one can assume that Vegas is going to be the safest it's been in a long time after an event like this. Not like there's usually an "aftershock" to something like this.
But i do understand what you mean.

Mau5

The whole photo stream is rather horrific - how it, from one picture to the next - changes from concert pictures to the aftermath of a mass shooting.

horrific.

i know the transition is eerie as fuck im still getting chills after the twitter video as well.

Dan Bilzerian's IG story had him running from the concert and hes saying a girl next to him got shot in the head. :(

Daffy Duck

heard on the scanner: "a white male carrying a long rifle is going into nightclubs and clearing them out. probably the cause of the pandemonium"

dude probably thinks he's one of those "good guys with guns" smh

Dan Bilzerian?

He posted on Instagram he went and got a gun and headed back....

whitehawk

Banned
I stayed at the Luxor in August. A while ago but still odd timing to me. There isn't any security, I could see how someone could sneak weapons into a room and shoot from above. Disgusting.

Hotel security is going to be forever different in Las Vegas.

Neoxon

To think that such a horrific event could happen at the home of EVO this year. My heart goes out to the friends & families of the victims. This kind of shit sickens me to the core.....& also breaks my heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom