• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

POKÉTON! New Pokémon anime starring RED (!) from Pokémon Red/Blue [Up: Trailer]

Andrefpvs

May 18, 2010
Europe
twitter.com
UPDATE 2: English version release date and trailer!

Take a new look at a classic era of Pokémon in Pokémon Origins, coming to Pokémon TV on November 15th! With its original graphical style and new perspectives on the Pokémon hero story, Pokémon Origins will be a can’t-miss experience for every Pokémon fan!

Pokémon Origins tells the story of the very first Pokémon video games, Pokémon Red Version and Pokémon Blue Version. Follow Red as he travels through the Kanto region, encounters Team Rocket, battles his rival, and challenges the Pokémon League! This highly anticipated four-part adventure is coming to Pokémon TV starting on November 15, so don't forget to watch!
Pokémon TV has a free app as well.

English Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgc81i06qwY
_____

UPDATE: Official Japanese trailer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Lyi2RSVxqg IT LOOKS AMAZING
_____

For years the fanbase has been asking for this. And now, IT'S HAPPENING!

『ポケットモンスター THE ORIGIN』 (Pokémon Origins)

Based on the first Pokémon games, the main characters are rivals Red and Green (Blue in the West). Will air October 2nd in Japan (TV Tokyo).

More info and screens from Dengeki.

- Brock will be the first Gym Leader (duh)
- Lance appears in the trailer
- Starters chosen are Charmander and Squirtle, apparently
- If you played Red/Blue, this is a must-see
- Based on FireRed/LeafGreen designs
- For now it's a special episode only. Maybe if it's Mega Successful, TPC will turn it into a series?

If by now you're thinking "Red looks kinda off," here's a pic from when he's gained more experience as a trainer:

Lance's hair confirmed
Here's the official article detailing it. And some associated logos, art and screenshots:

By the way, not sure if mentioned, but animation is by Production IG (as well as OLM). Amazing choice, one of my favorite houses.

Update: Confirmed to be a TV Special:

特別番組/tokubetsu bangumi/special TV program is what this is being labelled as.

Is it going to be like a one hour special then?
Pokémon: The Origin is also confirmed as a special episode
Well, if enough people bought the bluray version of the episode when it comes out, it might become a series.
Hmm.

Either way: RED!

(This was announced at Pokémon Game Show, get the latest news here.)

dragonlife

Jan 5, 2008
I want this so hard. I've always loved the games, but after a while the anime stopped piquing my interest. With this, I am ready to jump back on the bandwagon, series or not.

Effect

Jun 15, 2007
This pretty cool. I wonder if they'll recolor Green for when it's shown outside of Japan? It might not matter but that would be pretty cool if they did.

bigkrev

Mar 12, 2009
This is basically the first thing to make me interested in Pokemon in over a decade.

Well played, Nintendo

ForteanMan

Apr 18, 2012
Wow this seems like it could potentially be very awesome. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for more info on this project.

L Thammy

Nov 4, 2012
Will they have a Pokemon battle on top of wild Onyx's over a vat of acid?
More importantly, will he be using Squirtle, THE BEST POKEMON

Stuart444

Jun 29, 2010
Scotland
twitter.com
This may be a series or may be a one-off special.

But if it's the latter, if it's good and ratings are high, you never know what may happen in the future :)

Still, looks like a special celebrating the games (based on the gameboy pic anyway)

L Thammy

Nov 4, 2012
The Pokemon look good in the screens. The trainers look like their lame new cute designs instead of their awesome old Toriyama wannabe designs.

Shengar

Jun 27, 2013

Who care if it just a few episode, one episode ova, or a 26 episodes series. IT'S FUCKING RED GETTING ANIMATED.
Now all things left is Blue (girl) being added into the mix

XANDER CAGE

Mar 21, 2011
On the one hand I'm glad they didn't make him look all stoic and badass like all the stupid bishonen fanart these days.

On the other hand, why does he look like such a little pisher?