• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Symphonia Unisonant Pack announced for PS3 [Screens/Videos in OP]

Sandfox

Localization confirmed

QnqLmMN.png

That could be interesting for Xillia 2.

kubus

Lalabit Market edition with an Ufotable illustrated box. Not sure how people will get that though outside of Japan.
Ah, so it is some exclusive Japan-only thing. Bummer.

Still, I have good hope that Nin-Nin Game will get it. I must import this D:

doemaaan

I don't understand why some of you guys are assuming X2 won't be localized just because of this announcement. Am i missing something?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Early 2014? D:

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
This getting localized seems like a no brainer, Symphonia seemed to hit off really well here.

As for the news itself, eh. I'll try it again, and I really liked the game back when it came out, but I really don't know if it will hold up.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I like how quickly they confirmed Western release. Let's hope this trend continues

...And please, some time in the future announce a Tales of for 3DS too, please XD

FSLink

Banned
Relax, they aren't gonna announce Xillia 2 before the first one comes out, and these ports will be really easy to release since most of the work is done.

The early 2014 release date is good too, because then makes fall 2014 a good time for X2.

I would agree if it was any other company. :p But, they did pretty much say that it depends on the sales of Xillia 1 so as long as it doesn't terribly bomb....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3he29gNMgEI

Posting this because I'm hyped (Mystic Arte exhibition for PS2 Symphonia)

Amir0x

Banned
I didn't know Symphonia was coming to the PS3, dang. I hope this comes to the USA

Edit: Oops, I guess they did! YAY!

Sandfox

I don't understand why some of you guys are assuming X2 won't be localized just because of this announcement. Am i missing something?

Relax, they aren't gonna announce Xillia 2 before the first one comes out, and these ports will be really easy to release since most of the work is done.

The early 2014 release date is good too, because then makes fall 2014 a good time for X2.

I don't see two Tales games coming out in one year(especially given how long it takes to them to localize the games after being announced). I'm not saying that Xillia 2 is going to be skipped but I don't see it coming out in 2014.

What................ ?!!!

I mean, for real o_O !?

We are finally getting a nice treatment as Tales fans in the west???

My god this is like a dream comes true :O

SO HAPPY :D

luokyl

Yes! Localisation also posted on NamcoBandaiEU Youtube page.

Published on 1 Jun 2013

Hideo Baba announced at the Tales of Festival that Tales of Symphonia and Dawn of the New World are coming back in a HD pack on PlayStation 3! Check out a message from the Producer himself and expect Tales of Symphonia Chronicles (working title) out early 2014 in Europe, Australasia and the Americas!

Experience the most celebrated Tales of game to date, Tales of Symphonia™, again for the first time with crisp and colourful high definition graphics and additional content never released in Europe along with its 2008 sequel Tales of Symphonia™: Dawn of the New World.

I hope they'll reuse the same voice acting for Tales of Symphonia in it's Gamecube release. I couldn't imagine it any other way.

FSLink

Banned
I understand the trepidation, but I've never seen Namco USA push the Tales series this hard before. I think they are really trying to make it an important part of their English lineup.

*Namco EU
Namco USA hasn't done much.

I think it'll come over too, but it depends on the success (or lack of) with Xillia 1.

I don't see two Tales games coming out in one year(especially given how long it takes to them to localize the games after being announced). I'm not saying that Xillia 2 is going to be skipped but I don't see it coming out in 2014.

They've done this before though with localizations (Vesperia/DotNW). Especially since there'd be much less work for the Symphonia collection.

Seda

By the way, since Filthierich and HollieB both left as CMs, if you want to follow Isshak Gravi (@Isshak_Gravi) and Joseph Walsh (@Joukisan) they are are CM and PR (respectively) most involved with the Tales franchise.

And @TalesofU of course.

So will this be a completely new localization, or will they license the old localization from Nintendo? Sheena not being voiced by Jennifer Hale would be a big letdown.

Sandfox

Yes! Localisation also posted on NamcoBandaiEU Youtube page.

I hope they'll reuse the same voice acting for Tales of Symphonia in it's Gamecube release. I couldn't imagine it any other way.

That makes it seem like the only new content we're getting is the PS2 content. I'll still import but that's a bit disappointing.

Didn't Tales of the Abyss 3D and Tales of Graces F come out in the same year over here? Doesn't seem entirely impossible for it to happen again...

Thoraxes

Baba to change his statement to "Tales filled fiscal year in the west."

I still got my GC copy though so i'll pass on this, but good for everyone else who hasn't gotten to play this one yet.

Top Bottom