• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Fantasy Football League (No Quitters 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fep

Woo playoffs, my rag tag team made it!

GL everyone... maybe I can stay in the money this year, last year was lame.

sangreal

I've locked the non-playoff teams except Garbageman (roster correction could happen). Can someone who's out of it show us what that looks like?

If there's no roster correction, any player that Garbageman picks on waivers will be put back in the pool with a waiver date of Sunday. Same goes for Minx if he's somehow out with a roster correction

sMhuwL2.png

feels bad man

UberTag

Your team is loaded though. I have ugly matchups all over the pace

PS: You are probably going to regret dropping Reed for Donnell
I've literally been scooping up Tight Ends left and right with reckless abandon for the past month in hopes that something will finally stick. The Questionable tag last week and the shit Rams matchup for Week 14 scared me off.

The fact that he went off against Indy's terrible defense really doesn't change that outlook any although I'd probably prefer him to Donnell next week when they play each other. Short benches necessitate roster juggling - knowing Reed he'll probably find a way to get himself hurt again in short order. At least Donnell represents stability with capped upside which is a lot more than Ertz was giving me for the first 10 weeks of the year.

UberTag

Jennings being out this week sure would be amazing!
This is a promising turn of events for you, minx88.
No Jennings or Crowell means a crippled RB lineup for Donjeezy with just Pierre Thomas and a bunch of dart throws as options.

Handcuffing your starters when possible is never a bad idea.

donjezzy

In this case both Williams and west are pretty bad, I'll rather have the pickups than those two. Js gotta hope at least one of them plays, preferably Jennings.

sangreal

Good luck, everyone. I need a bad game from Jeffery tonight!

Looks like you're getting it; was really hoping he'd have a repeat this week for another league

Marshall is out for the rest of the game, so it looks like a big game for Jeffrey it is.

I'm not sure that is going to help when the bears aren't doing anything offensively and now they will just focus on him

UberTag

Damn garbage time scores.
Damn Old Man Marshall's ribs.
Damn Cowboys.

<shakes fist at cloud>
LLShC.gif

acksman really picked the wrong time of the year for his team to slump.

acksman

Trust me I was at the game last night. Also that Brandon Marshall injury happened in front of us. Crazy he went limp. At first I thought it was a concussion. Anyway, not feeling good about things at all. Who knows what QB I will start.

UberTag

Closest Money Week Matchup in No Quitters history...

2012 - No Quitters 4

Long Island Broskis - 99.64
I'm Doin It Like Eli (aka Team Frankman) - 99.46

I remember this back-and-forth matchup fondly as I trailed Frankman heading into Sunday night by 13.18 points. Randall Cobb pushed me ahead by a meager 0.58 points heading into the Monday night contest between the Patriots and the Texans. I had Shayne Graham. Frankman had Owen Daniels.

It turned into an ugly blowout win for New England as they dialed up 6 touchdowns on Houston eliminating any potential for timely field goals. Matt Schaub spread the ball around which limited Daniels to a mere 24 yards and Graham had only a single extra point to his credit thanks to the Texans offense stalling out. The end seemed near as we approached the 2-minute warning with Frankman leading by 0.82 points.

And then a miracle happened. A miracle known as Ryan Mallett.

Somewhere in the mind of Bill Belichick, he thought it would be a great idea to give Mallett some regular season work to close out the game with Brady on the bench. And then in his first pass attempt, he was intercepted by Houston's Shiloh Keo deep in Pats territory. Backup Texans QB T.J. Yates dialed up a short run play, ran the ball in for a garbage time score, Graham kicked the extra point to put the Broskis up by 0.18 points and that was all she wrote as Mallett returned to the field to practice his kneeling.

As luck would have it, I've also won the 2nd closest Money Week matchup in No Quitters history...

2011 / NQ3 - Long Island Broskis 90.94 vs. PrimeTime 88.70

This also ended in a blowout on Monday night with a showdown between two players on the losing side of it.
In this case, the Rams... Brandon Lloyd vs. Steven Jackson.

I suspect THIS will be another one of "those" types of weeks.
Incidentally, in both of those matchups I de facto reverse jinxed my opponent by pre-emptively declaring them the winner. I may try out that tactic once again.

UberTag

It's the moment of truth. Money Week is now upon us.
The next several hours will determine whether you will be one to several hundred dollars richer this Christmas or hanging your head in shame at a lost season.

Matchup projections as we head into the 1pm games...

PK Boosters - 102.69 Leads by 11.92 Points over Ember Island Players - 90.77
Psycho Crushers - 115.97 Leads by 6.52 Points over Redbull Express GAF - 109.45
The Hibachi Grill - 108.19 Leads by 2.04 Points over TD's N' Beer - 106.15
Long Island Broskis - 112.60 Leads by 0.48 Points over Gisele's Bundchens - 112.12

Cloudy

Banned
Totally overthought things this week. With all the Titans WRs hurt, I should have have gone with the Giants D. Instead I based my decision off point spreads lol

UberTag

Jimmy Graham has really shit the bed the last two weeks. Damn.
The entire Saints organization has shit the bed for over the past month.
About to lose their 4th straight game at home.
(And, as a Graham owner in 2 leagues, I'm not thrilled about it.)

minx

Fuck me Steve Smith, Olsen, and Evans all scored TDs within minutes.

Edit: make that Crowell as well. I'm done for.

UberTag

The early blowouts are surprising me. All of the No Quitters top seeds appear to be cruising.

I have a vested interest in fep holding on over GCQuinton this week as playoff reseeding is in effect. Would rather steer clear of MBison's offensive juggernaut as long as I can.

It's interesting that I haven't mentioned this but that's a Money Week grudge match from last year.
GCQuinton upset fep to make the money (and ultimately win) last season. This is fep's opportunity for retribution to ensure history does not repeat itself.

UberTag

Can't believe I'm gonna lose to a team starting Shaun Hill.
You're not losing yet but acksman's really coming on strong. Easily the closest matchup of the weekend right now with that slim 7.71-point projection advantage. A timely touchdown easily wipes that differential out. You didn't see competition like this in the fantasy playoffs last year until Week 16.

Some players available on waivers that could have been difference makers this week...
- Cole Beasley - 17.70 Points
- Tavon Austin - 17.12 Points (and counting)

MBison

You're not losing yet but acksman's really coming on strong. Easily the closest matchup of the weekend right now with that slim 7.71-point projection advantage. A timely touchdown easily wipes that differential out. You didn't see competition like this in the fantasy playoffs last year until Week 16.

Some players available on waivers that could have been difference makers this week...
- Cole Beasley - 17.70 Points
- Tavon Austin - 17.12 Points (and counting)

Gordon's clunker gonna kill me. Figured I was gonna have a huge let down after blowing up last week.

UberTag

acksman has now pulled ahead of MBison's team in point projections by just under 11 points.
The Crushers have quite literally stalled.

acksman

Wow, Bell is putting my team on his back and pushing ahead. Hill is more than I could hope for with a stand in QB. Now if I can get a good game out of Charles.

UberTag

Wow, Bell is putting my team on his back and pushing ahead. Hill is more than I could hope for with a stand in QB. Now if I can get a good game out of Charles.
235 combined yards and 3 TDs will carry most Bell owners to victory this week.
He's been a complete monster for the past month.
Easily the most dominant player in fantasy by a mile.
The Bengals had no answer for him.

UberTag

Next week's likely (barring something unforeseen) semi-final matchups...

1) The Hibachi Grill (11-3)
vs.
5) Redbull Express GAF (8-6)

2) Long Island Broskis (10-4)
vs.
3) PK Boosters (10-4)

Best of luck to donjezzy, fep and acksman.
We are guaranteed a brand new first-time ever No Quitters champion this year.

UberTag

gg Uber. Seems like you own me in this league lol
Yeah, this will improve my lifetime record against you in No Quitters to 4-0. I actually expected this week's matchup to be a lot closer. Perhaps Brady and Mathews have 7 TDs in them this evening.

How are you doing in your $100 Yahoo league?

Cloudy

Banned
I'd be in this if I'd gone with my gut and started Fauria and the Giants D *sigh*

I got the last seed (4th) spot in the $100 league and I'm beating the guy I'll face in the playoffs right now. We'll see how it goes lol

donjezzy

Went to the mls cup final so I didn't watch any of the games today. Looks like the role players saved my team, sans Green. Ill chalk it up to buffalo D and Jennings still being hurt. Might have to play Thomas Over him next week

UberTag

Went to the mls cup final so I didn't watch any of the games today. Looks like the role players saved my team, sans Green. Ill chalk it up to buffalo D and Jennings still being hurt. Might have to play Thomas Over him next week
You should consider yourself fortunate. I doubt there are many Peyton Manning owners advancing to Week 15 in fantasy this year.
The ageless Steve Smith, Olsen and Green stepped up for you in a major way.

minx

Don't call it a comeback! Shame that D. Allen had to shit the bed in his first game back and Morris did the same.

Also if I would have won one of my 3 less than 2 point losses I would have played PK boosters and won this week. Granted I only got into playoffs by Garbageman losing by .3 points.

Also.... If I played the Browns D instead of the Texans I would only be down 3 right now... Oh what could have been.

UberTag

There's always a graveyard of "what if" scenarios behind every fantasy playoff exit.
Not much you can do but go back to the well next year and hope fortune smiles on you.

My Week 14 success the past 4 years has been largely dependent on luck.
Then again, the two things I prep for most each season are the draft and Week 14.
Everything else is more or less a crapshoot of injury evasion, safe plays and timely gambles.

Beckham might well be the best waiver claim I've lucked my way into thus far.
Trying to remember whether I had Moreno last season or not. If so, they're probably on par.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom