• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011-2012 TV Show Cancellation Thread - CSI Miami just got *takes off shades* canned

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivysaur12

Banned
“I think NBC gave up too soon,” said Chad Hodge, who created the show that centers on the employees of the famed Playboy Club in Chicago in the 1960s. “Had NBC stuck with the show I think many more millions would have eventually shown up. Those who found the show realized it wasn’t what they expected—it was good. It was entertaining, sophisticated, and dazzling. It dealt with social mores and moral ethics. And it was an intentional guilty pleasure.”

You can all laugh now.

Irish

Free Agents gone...

How the fuck does that even happen? If ratings rested on quality, this shit would not be allowed. Whitney would have been gone, Up All Night would be gone. Mind you, I somewhat like Up All Night, but it was nowhere near as funny as I believed it was going to be. Half of each Whitney episode has been the cast laughing or smirking at each poorly written and delivered joke.

ivysaur12

Banned
If the the CW was "canceled" next year (which it won't be, for a number of reasons), The Vampire Diaries might be the only show that would get scooped up by cable. Even then, maybe not. ABC Family would be the only channel that might fit The Vampire Diaries, and the production companies and cost don't match up. TVD would have to move to LA, take some serious pay cuts, downsize their main cast, etc.

I doubt TNT would pick up Supernatural - they don't need to. They already make enough money in syndication and the show would be too expensive with the ratings it would get on TNT. Or... maybe not. Who knows. TNT actually might have a higher scripted average than the CW :lol

ivysaur12 said:
If the the CW was "canceled" next year (which it won't be, for a number of reasons), The Vampire Diaries might be the only show that would get scooped up by cable. Even then, maybe not. ABC Family would be the only channel that might fit The Vampire Diaries, and the production companies and cost don't match up. TVD would have to move to LA, take some serious pay cuts, downsize their main cast, etc.

I doubt TNT would pick up Supernatural - they don't need to. They already make enough money in syndication and the show would be too expensive with the ratings it would get on TNT. Or... maybe not. Who knows. TNT actually might have a higher scripted average than the CW :lol

Agreed. I'm not sure why anybody thinks that someone would (or should) pick up s8 of Supernatural. I like the show, but I really hope it ends this year. It should've ended after season five.

ivysaur12

Banned
dead souls said:
I know the CW will renew it, I just meant a hypothetical other network in the event of the CW ceasing to exist.

Right, of course. None of the CW's brands are worth shit except for The Vampire Diaries and Supernatural. Supernatural doesn't need to be continued because it has more than enough for syndication, does extremely well (considering its original numbers) in syndication and is a moderate, albeit still successful, hit abroad.

-htownplaya- said:
Wait, Free Agents was cancelled. FUCK! I was actually liking the two main characters, although the rest of the cast was pretty meh. Sucks, oh well.

Guess Hank Azaria will be more willing to take that pay cut now....

ivysaur12

Banned
RatskyWatsky said:
Holy shit, really? Yes! Now Charlie's Angels!

Its cancellation tomorrow will be the best birthday present ever!*

Except for the crew that is now out of work. I am genuinely sorry that you will all lose your jobs. That sucks.

Kabouter

ivysaur12 said:
H8R canceled, will be replaced by repeats of Ringer.

There is a TV god?
That is awesome. H8R is one of the worst shows I've ever seen. Cancellations have been great so far.

ivysaur12

Banned
RatskyWatsky said:
Wait, has it been cancelled, or is it expected to be tomorrow?

Also, you're birthday is in October? Mine too!

Also, So You Think You Can Dance, Master Chef, and NTSF:SD:SUV are all renewed for new seasons.

I expect it will be tomorrow.

My birthday is tomorrow!

Kabouter said:
That is awesome. H8R is one of the worst shows I've ever seen. Cancellations have been great so far.

It's the opposite of Lone Star.

ivysaur12

Banned
Rafa=FedKilla said:
CW is not going to get cancelled, stop with the fear mongering of shows people enjoy.

No, not this year. Probably not next year.

But it's an extremely unprofitable business venture with few signs of growth beyond a new president.

big ander

H8R not being a success is something I hope to look back on and smile when I am on my death bed. Even if my life hasn't gone so great, I'll at least be able to remember that.

Ultratech

ivysaur12 said:
I expect it will be tomorrow.

My birthday is tomorrow!

Oh really?
My birthday is also tomorrow!

Good to see H8R may be cancelled. Horrible show...

RatskyWatsky said:
I'm gonna start watching that soon. I just finished Children's Hospital. So funny.

You'll probably like it then. So random, yet so hilarious.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOCxegQupMU

R6BH3.gif
d7LNe.gif
DEIkp.gif
fP7sb.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1sAzdf0n_0

f1d39ee8807b89b570231511ebf4713d.gif

ivysaur12

Banned
Ultratech said:
Oh really?
My birthday is also tomorrow!

Good to see H8R may be cancelled. Horrible show...

You'll probably like it then. So random, yet so hilarious.

Word? Let's celebrate with a NEW EPISODE OF FRINGE!

Best birthday gift Fox ever gave me.

ivysaur12 said:
No, not this year. Probably not next year.

But it's an extremely unprofitable business venture with few signs of growth beyond a new president.

It'll definitely flop around for years before they finally turn the lights out. I just want to see how low the numbers can go. It's barely October and they're already getting 0.6-0.8 on many nights. Next spring is going to be fucking brutal for them.

Takao

Banned
Nothing's going to disapear at this point, but here's last week's Saturday morning kids report:

Final K6-11 Ratings for Saturday, October 1, 2011 Broadcast Networks only (Live + SD Data):
Source: Disney Research from Nielsen Media Research Data

CW (Toonzai) 0.8/4 Avg. (7a-12p)
Magi-Nation 0.3/3; Magi-Nation 0.5/5; Sonic X 0.8/5; Sonic X 0.9/5; Yu-Gi-Oh 1.0/5; Sonic X 0.9/4; Dragon Ball Z Kai 0.7/3; Dragon Ball Z Kai 0.9/4; Tai Chi Chasers 0.7/3; Yu-Gi-Oh 0.7/3

NBC (Qubo on NBC)Avg. 0.4/2 (10a-1p)
Turbo Dogs 0.2/1; Shelldon 0.3/1; Magic School Bus 0.5/2; Babar 0.6/3; Willa's Wild Life 0.6/3; Pearlie 0.3/1

CBS (CookieJarTV) 0.3/2 Avg. (7-10a/10a-12p)
Doodlebops Rockin Road Show 0.2/3; Doodlebops Rockin Road Show 0.3/2; Busytown Mysteries 0.2/1; Danger Rangers 0.5/2; Busytown Mysteries 0.4/2; Horseland 0.4/2

The CW really needs new episodes of Kai. It would not only help their average, but also provide a much better lead-in for Tai Chi Chasers, which hasn't found an audience yet.

I also want to know how hysterically low ABC Adventure Weekend is doing, but alas they don't release those ratings reports. :(

Zoe

I wasn't really paying attention to things when CW was created (other than making sure VM stuck around). Were WB and UPN struggling worse than CW is now?

Slayven

Takao said:
Nothing's going to disapear at this point, but here's last week's Saturday morning kids report:

Final K6-11 Ratings for Saturday, October 1, 2011 Broadcast Networks only (Live + SD Data):

Magi-Nation 0.3/3; Magi-Nation 0.5/5; Sonic X 0.8/5; Sonic X 0.9/5; Yu-Gi-Oh 1.0/5; Sonic X 0.9/4; Dragon Ball Z Kai 0.7/3; Dragon Ball Z Kai 0.9/4; Tai Chi Chasers 0.7/3; Yu-Gi-Oh 0.7/3

Turbo Dogs 0.2/1; Shelldon 0.3/1; Magic School Bus 0.5/2; Babar 0.6/3; Willa's Wild Life 0.6/3; Pearlie 0.3/1

Doodlebops Rockin Road Show 0.2/3; Doodlebops Rockin Road Show 0.3/2; Busytown Mysteries 0.2/1; Danger Rangers 0.5/2; Busytown Mysteries 0.4/2; Horseland 0.4/2

The CW really needs new episodes of Kai. It would not only help their average, but also provide a much better lead-in for Tai Chi Chasers, which hasn't found an audience yet.

I also want to know how hysterically low ABC Adventure Weekend is doing, but alas they don't release those ratings reports. :(
Those lineups kill my innerchild.

Takao

Banned
Slayven said:
Those lineups kill my innerchild.

The CW's lineup will be pretty decent once Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal premiere, and they get new episodes for Kai and Magi-Nation. The other 2 blocks though, lol.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Zoe said:
I wasn't really paying attention to things when CW was created (other than making sure VM stuck around). Were WB and UPN struggling worse than CW is now?

If you mean in terms of ratings, no. CW's ratings, from the beginning, were lower than the combined WB+UPN ratings. They have fallen since then.

Zalasta

ivysaur12 said:

Happy birthday?

With the exception of PoI, everything new this fall can be cancelled and I wouldn't care.

Ultratech

ivysaur12 said:

Hell yeah!

Takao said:

I'm not gonna lie. Those lineups suck ass. Horribly.
Oh how Saturday Mornings have fallen...

cory.

Banned
The X Factor - 3.8/10
Charlie's Angels - 1.2/4
How To Be A Gentleman - 2.5/7
Person Of Interest - 2.5/6
The Secret Circle - 0.8/2
Whitney - 2.3/6
Prime Suspect - 1.5/4

ollin

Charlie's Angels got the same ratings as Vampire Diaries. I expect ABC to cancel the show today if not next week.

Fucking hell, poor community. Down 17% to a 1.5

I really hope the drop was due to the ball game... but community seems like it was hit the hardest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom