• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011-2012 TV Show Cancellation Thread - CSI Miami just got *takes off shades* canned

Status
Not open for further replies.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I've been out of the loop.

Is there a list of every new and old TV series airing on network and cable?

Like...
I forget to check out New Girls episode 2.
Since Terry O'Quinn is on season 2 of Hawaii 5 0 I need to watch the rest of 1.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
DeathNote said:
Is there a list of every new and old TV series airing on network and cable?

Well there are like 9243794889237473 47492387 489792 83749872937 4987238974 98273984 79823798 cable networks out there so changes are you're not going to get an exhaustive list. Edit: Even that Futon Critic list, which is actually pretty awesome, thanks for the link, includes a bunch of novelty lifestyle cable nets.

But provided you mean "the big cable networks known for drama and comedies" rather than lifestyle programming:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_programs_broadcast_by_NBC
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_programs_broadcast_by_American_Broadcasting_Company
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_programs_broadcast_by_FOX
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_programs_broadcast_by_CBS
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_programs_broadcast_by_FX
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_programs_broadcast_by_HBO
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_programs_broadcast_by_Starz
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_programs_broadcast_by_USA
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_original_programs_broadcast_by_TNT
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_programs_broadcast_by_Comedy_Central
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMC_(TV_channel)#Programming

Think that's about everything.

Wickerman

RatskyWatsky said:
NBC cancelled the series. The creators of the show have been saying that SyFy might save it for some reason, but an exec at SyFy recently said:

"To answer some questions I've been getting, at this time we have no plans to pick up The Event."

So, I don't think there's any hope for it. It's gone.

Not so fast

Question: What’s the latest on Netflix or Syfy picking up The Event and doing a wrap-up miniseries. Have you heard anything new in the rumor mill? —Eric

Ausiello: Event leading man (and current Parenthood star) Jason Ritter told me Sunday at Entertainment Tonight’s post-Emmy bash that the project still has a pulse. “I’m waiting to get a phone call either way,” he said. “[Producers] Nick Wauters and Steve Stark are still talking to people and trying to get it done. Every cast member I’ve talked too is interested. And I personally would love to at least finish that story up.”

http://www.tvline.com/2011/09/ask-ausiello-spoilers-glee-gossip-girl-castle-svu/

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
TheNatural said:
NBC getting beat by Univision last night = LOL.

They should just forget about scripted TV and become a broadcast sports channel and show hockey, baseball, and basketball every night. It's pretty amazing how bad of shape the network is in with ratings, it seems like every year a good 75% of shows get cancelled.
When they kicked Conan O'Brien to the curb instead of Jay Leno, well, karma's a bitch, ain't it?

ivysaur12 said:
2. It will last at least a season, I'm more interested in these numbers since it's a bit of a special case with the amount of marketing going into it. We'll see.

IDK...

Competing with MNF (at least on the East Coast) is a death sentence for the male demo they are looking for.

ivysaur12

Banned
ryutaro's mama said:
IDK...

Competing with MNF (at least on the East Coast) is a death sentence for the male demo they are looking for.

It already has a season completely filmed. Come on now. And, it's a huge investment for Fox.

Once Upon a Time will do really well, ABC will ace its dramas this fall. I expect Man Up! to be a flop while Suburgatory should do well. I have no opinion on Last Man Standing, though I want it to fail.

The worse that Playboy and Prime Suspect do, the more it looks like Grimm and Chuck will move off of Fridays. And the more it looks like Chuck can get a back 9 (safe ratings, predictable ratings with relatively little cost for anyone to produce at this point).

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Stumpokapow said:
I appreciate it, but Wikipedia is too time consuming at my stage.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/guide/fall-2011-grid/ looks to be the best for me right now. Tells me a lot of things coming on today and what season it's on.

Bazhard

Banned
outunderthestars said:
I really hope Whitney gets canceled soon.

Terra Nova is not long for this world either.

I've never even heard of the playboy club....
The amount of money and time fox put into terra nova you have to be smoking some breaking bad meth to think this show is going to get canceled, it's going to get renewed by mid-season.

Fringe lost it's steam, they lost 24 and House isn't going to last another season, they have no real drama or interesting sci-fi, they basically run off glee and the sunday night comedies.

ivysaur12

Banned
Bazhard said:
The amount of money and time fox put into terra nova you have to be smoking some breaking bad meth to think this show is going to get canceled, it's going to get renewed by mid-season.

Fringe lost it's steam, they lost 24 and House isn't going to last another season, they have no real drama or interesting sci-fi, they basically run off glee and the sunday night comedies.

Or New Girl. Or X-Factor. Or American Idol.

They're still the #1 network.

Busty

Banned
The Event is deader than disco.

End of story.

wenis said:
but what was...The Event?

...The Event was the night the producers, crew and writers of The Event had to tell their wives, partners they lost their jobs.

cory.

Banned
Nothing really on the chopping block with last night's ratings. New Girl still doing very well, though it's a shame that audience isn't really staying for Raising Hope.

Novid

Banned
cory. said:
Nothing really on the chopping block with last night's ratings. New Girl still doing very well, though it's a shame that audience isn't really staying for Raising Hope.

dont expect any on the chopping block for another two three weeks or so.

ivysaur12

Banned
twinturbo2 said:
Knowing ABC, they'll play timeslot roulette and put it in the Friday Night Death Slot before long.

Uhh... no?

cory. said:

Raising Hope, at this point, is doing better than it did last year with a better lead-in. That's solid.

And Body of Proof kind of tanked. Well, as much as a second season show could. I expect it to be quietly sidelined later this year, especially since ABC has had some success at 10pm with Revenge and Pan Am at 10pm.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
ivysaur12 said:
And Body of Proof kind of tanked. Well, as much as a second season show could. I expect it to be quietly sidelined later this year, especially since ABC has had some success at 10pm with Revenge and Pan Am at 10pm.

Good. The commercials for that show were always terribly annoying.

JambiBum

Is there any news on prime suspect yet? I actually really enjoyed it but I don't want to get invested into it if it will just wind up being canceled

ivysaur12

Banned
JambiBum said:
Is there any news on prime suspect yet? I actually really enjoyed it but I don't want to get invested into it if it will just wind up being canceled

Wait till Thursday, but don't get invested.

I demand sacrifice! We already had lost Lone Star at this point last year...

ivysaur12

Banned
New Girl picked up for a full season.

FOX MOVES IN WITH “New Girl” FOR A FULL-SEASON PICKUP

FOX has ordered an additional 11 episodes of the hit comedy New Girl, bringing the series to a 24-episode season order, it was announced today by Kevin Reilly, President of Entertainment, Fox Broadcasting Company.

“We love the charming Zooey Deschanel and the entire cast, we’re knocked out with the work that Liz Meriwether and the whole staff is doing and we are really psyched about the upcoming episodes in the pipeline," said Reilly. “It's great that audiences have responded so positively so far and we're confident that even more people will embrace the show – and more comedy on FOX – this season."

New Girl premiered as FOX’s highest-rated fall sitcom debut in 10 years. Since it launched, the single-camera comedy has quickly established itself as Tuesday’s No. 1 series among Adults 18-49 and this season’s No. 1 new series among Adults 18-34, Women 18-34 and Teens.

In next week’s all-new episode, “Wedding,” airing Tuesday, Oct. 4 (9:01-9:31 PM ET/PT), the guys are invited to a wedding of a mutual friend. NICK (Jake Johnson), fearful he will run into his ex-girlfriend Caroline (guest star Mary Elizabeth Ellis), asks JESS (Deschanel) to be his date. Meanwhile, WINSTON (Lamorne Morris) takes his role as an usher very seriously and gets competitive on the dance floor with a young guest. SCHMIDT (Max Greenfield) not only catches the eye of a beautiful woman (guest star Katie Cassidy), but also his “frenemy” Gretchen (guest star Natasha Lyonne) whom he hooks up with at every wedding reception.

The next two all-new episodes of New Girl air at special times. In “Cece Crashes,” airing on a special night on Wednesday, Oct. 12 (9:30-10:00 PM ET/PT), CECE (Hannah Simone) convinces Jess that Nick likes her more than just as a roommate and Schmidt tries to seal the deal with Cece. In “Naked,” airing at a special time at 9:30-10:00 PM ET/PT on Tuesday, Oct. 18, Jess accidentally walks in on a naked Nick, sending his self-confidence to an all-time low – just after an attractive co-worker (guest star Lake Bell) agrees to go out on a date with him.

Among other upcoming guest stars on New Girl is Justin Long (“Live Free & Die Hard,” “Going The Distance”), playing the role of a music teacher who catches the eye of Jess.

Created and written by Liz Meriwether (“No Strings Attached”), New Girl follows a young woman (Deschanel) who, after a bad breakup, moves in with three single guys she doesn’t know, changing all of their lives in unexpected ways.

New Girl is produced by Chernin Entertainment in association with 20th Century Fox Television. Meriwether, Jake Kasdan, Peter Chernin, Katherine Pope, Dave Finkel and Brett Baer are executive producers. Kasdan directed the debut and will continue to direct episodes of the series.

By full season, I mean a 24-episode season.

Zoe

^ I didn't even know Natasha Lyonne was still alive.

Last night's New Girl was better than the pilot, but I hope they drop the "band together behind Jess" formula soon.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
New Girl has a lot of promise. Good on Fox for realizing it.

BTW, who the hell names their kid Zooey? I know it's a J.D. Salinger reference, but really...

I watched the pilot for The New Girl this afternoon and enjoyed it. I don't know if I'd make a point to watch it when it's on every week, but I will watch it on demand.

Averon

I actually found New Girl to be entertaining. This is the first sitcom I am actually looking forward to seeing since News Radio.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
Wow at playboy club. Thought it would do well. I saw a ton of commercials but apparently no one else did (no agt fans here?). Watched the pilot and it was fun.

Slime

Banned
~Devil Trigger~ said:
RINGER is getting better by the episode

Welcome back Sarah Michelle G

I thought the pilot was pretty cheesy, but I'm starting to enjoy it more with each episode. Still not 100% sold, but it's better than I thought it would be.

Zalasta

Sheppard said:
I hope to god Awake and Once upon a Time do well. Any word on those shows?

Awake is mid-season, so don't expect to see it until early next year. Once Upon premiere isn't until 10/23.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I watched both "2 Broke Girls" episodes last night and really enjoyed it. It's doing well, right? It's placed behind HIMYM now, so it should continue with decent ratings.

I'm going to give "New Girl" a shot tonight.

Entropia said:
I watched both "2 Broke Girls" episodes last night and really enjoyed it. It's doing well, right? It's placed behind HIMYM now, so it should continue with decent ratings.

I'm going to give "New Girl" a shot tonight.

New Girl is a lot of fun. It is also the first new series to get a full season pickup, and actually improved on Glee's ratings. So Fox is happy.

ivysaur12

Banned
X-Factor 3.9 (will probably be adjusted up)
Suburgatory 3.3
Modern Family 5.6
Happy Endings 3.2
Revenge 2.7
Free Agents 1.0

H8R went from a 0.4 to a 0.7 in the 18-34.

Jhriad

Seriously did anyone not immediately think, "That's getting cancelled." immediately after watching the trailer for Terra Nova?

ivysaur12

Banned
Up All Night 2.1
SVU 2.0
Harry's Law 1.2

The Middle 2.6

H8R 0.6
ANTM 0.8

Last year, Cougar Town premiered with a 3.4 behind Modern Family. So we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom