• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom @ ComicCon: "You saved my job so I'm going to troll everyone" (SFIII Online)

Tenbatsu

Posted? Fake maybe
100721cb.jpg

http://gs.inside-games.jp/news/241/24191.html

Rocwell

Tenbatsu said:
Posted? Fake maybe
http://gs.inside-games.jp/_files/images/100721cb.jpg[IMG]
[url]http://gs.inside-games.jp/news/241/24191.html[/url][/QUOTE]
Is that a KOF character on the Capcom side? :lol Benimaru I think? :Edit: nevermind it's a Rival Schools character.

Lots of recycled art assets in there and I doubt they'd reveal so much of the character roster so early.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Lijik said:
As cool as that would be, the lack of a unifying art style is making me call "Fake" for now.

Yeah.

Rival Schools characters also kinda makes me a little doubtful.

Wallach

I like how the colors almost make it look like a poster that was in a rental store window for about twenty years when we're talking about a game that has yet to even be announced.

LowParry

For a poster to reveal a new game with the entire cast is...fake. :lol And I'm sure it'd be Jin in the middle with Ryu, not Kazuya.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Attack of the Show on their Feed Segment (news of the day) announced Capcom + Namco team up for 2 games

1 will be based on the SFIV engine, while the other on the Tekken 6 engine, thats what Blair said

He said a video will be shown at Comic-Con

hteng

Banned
it would be awesome if Namco characters can sidestep and bound combo while Capcom characters can throw out fireballs and supermoves.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I am wrong or is that art of Ken on the Capcom side "Evil Ken" from SNK's SvC Chaos? :lol

sprsk said:
Yeah.

Rival Schools characters also kinda makes me a little doubtful.

Why that in particular? Batsu was just recently in TvC...

Yoboman

Oni Link 666 said:
I'm hoping some Anime characters from the Bandai side show up. I'd like to see Naruto in a game like this. :D
Now that could be good seeing as they have the rights to One Piece and Bleach too

duckroll

Isn't there some fundamental misunderstanding here? Bandai doesn't own any the One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, or Dragonball properties. Jump does. Yes, Bandai publishes some games from those shows, but that doesn't mean they own the IP, nor would they be considered "Bandai" characters at all. Just like you wouldn't consider Disney characters ever appearing in a Capcom Vs game just because Capcom published and developed some Disney games in the past.

Bandai properties would be stuff like Gundam, Code Geass, Escaflowne and Cowboy Bebop. Those are properties they own, and which make up part of their identity as a company.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Goddamnit not another one XD

Bandai nor Toei doesn't own
shitty
Jump/Sueisha stuff. The only true ones as far as I know are Digimon and .hack, and their hero segments are generally live action tokusatsu henshin shows primarily Super Sentai, Metal Heroes, and Kamen Rider.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Ookami-kun said:
Goddamnit not another one XD

Bandai nor Toei doesn't own
shitty
Jump/Sueisha stuff. The only true ones as far as I know are Digimon and .hack, and their hero segments are generally live action tokusatsu henshin shows primarily Super Sentai, Metal Heroes, and Kamen Rider.

One of these days, someone's gonna post a thread about, I dunno, cake or something, and you're still going to figure out a way to mention Digimon, Kamen Rider, and Sentai. :lol

I guess I never thought that people actaully thought Namco/Bandai owned Shonen IPs. But since they seemingly hold the exclusive rights when it comes to gaming, getting Shonen to let them put in a few characters shouldn't be out of the realm of believablity.

duckroll

Naked Prime said:
I guess I never thought that people actaully thought Namco/Bandai owned Shonen IPs. But since they seemingly hold the exclusive rights when it comes to gaming, getting Shonen to let them put in a few characters shouldn't be out of the realm of believablity.

Since when did they hold any exclusive rights? Jump Super Stars was published by Nintendo, there were Naruto games published by Tomy, Ubisoft did a 360 Naruto game for US/Europe, Sony publishes a bunch of Bleach games for the PSP, Sega publishes Bleach games on the DS and Wii. What nonsense is this? :lol

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
I dont know what to think

I've bought TvC and MvC2 and come to the conclusion that they're not made for someone like me.

Heck even CvS2 was over the top imo. Thats why I absolutely adore Sf4, its a "simple" game, no x-grooves or 25 billion 500 hit combos with 6 different characters on the screen.

Then again I doubt that a Namco v Capcom would be anything like tvc,cvs or mvc. Anyways, heres hoping. At the very least fighting games keep growing and selling and its making me one happy motherfucker.

I tought Bandai got the Naruto rights after the 2nd Ubisoft game. I knew that Bleach was split between Sega & Sony. Shit I haven't seen a Tomy game in so long I forgot they existed. Oh well, fuck what I know :lol

LowParry

Corky said:
Then again I doubt that a Namco v Capcom would be anything like tvc,cvs or mvc. Anyways, heres hoping. At the very least fighting games keep growing and selling and its making me one happy motherfucker.

Let's say it is like TvC. How exactly do the Namco characters translate into supers? Tekken? 10 hit combo supers? SC? Execution finishers? I'm sure Capcam will get creative with supers and the likes but I'm baffled on how the whole 3D character will transition into the 2D/2.5D realm. Meh. Why worry. Saturday is coming and with whatever it is that's revealed, I'm sure I'm going to love what I see.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
CcrooK said:
Let's say it is like TvC. How exactly do the Namco characters translate into supers? Tekken? 10 hit combo supers? SC? Execution finishers? I'm sure Capcam will get creative with supers and the likes but I'm baffled on how the whole 3D character will transition into the 2D/2.5D realm. Meh. Why worry. Saturday is coming and with whatever it is that's revealed, I'm sure I'm going to love what I see.

I thought the announcement was thursday?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Naked Prime said:

Not really - there have been many anime games that they didn't make that belong/used to belong to Sueisha.

Solid_Rain said:
If the rumours are true I wonder if either game will try to be carefully balanced or just crazy over the top like MvC3.
I think you mean MvC2. Marvel 3 isn't even close to being finished.

AAK

Don't fall for Capcom Europe. They will probably announce that an announcement will be made at Comic Con announcinging the existence of a collaboration with Namco that will officially be announced some time in the future.

duckroll

_dementia said:
"couple" of announcements huh

oh god is it real?

The last time they announced Mega Man Universe, they said "a new title will be revealed" or something. Very specific. This time it says a couple of "announcements", so I'm going to expect news not relating to any specific reveal of a new title. Maybe some teasing, or some DLC stuff, or announcements of announcements. :p

TreIII

duckroll said:
The last time they announced Mega Man Universe, they said "a new title will be revealed" or something. Very specific. This time it says a couple of "announcements", so I'm going to expect news not relating to any specific reveal of a new title. Maybe some teasing, or some DLC stuff, or announcements of announcements. :p

I'm thinking there may be a bit more to be had.

"Stay tuned to Capcom sites this week as earth shattering announcments are made at Comic-Con..."

- http://twitter.com/CapcomEuro/status/18899494036

It would at least do well to go along with what Takeuchi talked about a month ago...

Jun Takeuchi said:
This year's Capcom is very interesting. The titles we'll announce in the future will surprise many people. We'll be announcing this year the things that Inafune (Keiji) and I have been working on over the past year.

- http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/06/27/takeuchi_re6/

If it's not RE6, as the article highly suggests, then it'll be interesting to see just what kinds of things Takeuchi has involved himself in.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Umbrella/Darkside Chronicles 3

"We're testing the market"

Crisis

Banned
_dementia said:
Yesterday some 3S premium avatars hit PSN

not that it means anything

Right. That's what prompted the question. Then again Street Fighter Alpha 3 also has avatars up on the PS Store and they've not released the PSone game on the store. Perhaps it'll be Street Fighter Alpha 3 Double Upper and Third Strike as the "couple of announcements"?

It won't. We all know it won't be.

Dyno

TreIII said:
If it's not RE6, as the article highly suggests, then it'll be interesting to see just what kinds of things Takeuchi has involved himself in.

RE6 would be goooooooood!!!

Top Bottom