• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom @ ComicCon: "You saved my job so I'm going to troll everyone" (SFIII Online)

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Lost Planet: The Movie: The Game to coincide with new info about the movie!

.la1n

Devil May Cry 5 or Onimusha would be pleasant suprises and not out of the realm of possibility.

TreIII

"Mega Man Universe" being finally revealed is my guess. It's the last big opportunity they'll have to showcase it before TGS.

Either that, or Capcom and Udon are readying the proper announcement of a new Vampire (Darkstalkers) game, fresh on the heels of Ono showcasing it at EVO this weekend. :lol

Barakov

TreIII said:
"Mega Man Universe" being finally revealed is my guess. It's the last big opportunity they'll have to showcase it before TGS.

Either that, or Capcom and Udon are readying the proper announcement of a new Vampire (Darkstalkers) game, fresh on the heels of Ono showcasing it at EVO this weekend. :lol

NO. Get that Udon art of here. Art from the guys at Capcom or bust.

*shakes the dice*

Come onnnnn, Mega Man 11!!

I will never get tired of classic Mega Man. Why take the rest when you can still have the best??

Mega Man X9 with SNES-styled graphics is also acceptable.

careksims

Dag nammit Capcom. Comic Con is becoming a mini Games expo there and it's very hard to navigate the gaming area there. Not looking forward to bump and grind with XXXXL boys in 2 weeks.

WillyFive

INAFUME!!!!

Whoa, I'm surprised at the Capcom hate here. I was under the impression Capcom has been awesome this gen, but whatever.

Matt_C

;) A 3rd person action game staring Deadpool! Expect some sentinel hunter! No better yet!

hitman-monkey-1.jpg

:lol

Sadly I doubt this kind of game would not happen but ideally it would be the spiritual sequel to a Devil May Cry game.

It is likely it would be Darkstalkers 3d to help expose the brand again to the horror/Western comic fanbase. I think the game would have more Western movie monster look but still have some animu influences.

TreIII

Barakov said:
NO. Get that Udon art of here. Art from the guys at Capcom or bust.

Hey, I don't like Udon's renditions of SF or Rival Schools characters as much as the next guy, but their Darkstalkers stuff is good stuff, in my opinion. It fits their overall "style" better. Plus, I gotta give 'em credit. They've been pushing as hard for a new game to be made almost as much as Ono himself. :lol

Any way, though, unless this is a tie-in to Udon's Darkstalkers comic series, I don't see the reason why Inafune himself has to be presenting this. Inafune is more synonymous with Mega Man before anything else, so I'd like to think that this would be prime time to showcase a new, NON-Hobbystyle (re: get that EXE and Shooting Star shit outta HERE! :lol) Mega Man to the masses.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Megaman Legends 3

Beth Cyra

Mega Man Online for NA please! Or Mega Man X9, Maverick Hunter X2, or hell Mega Man 11 anything but Legends or something in the vain of Star Force.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Unfortunately, I've got a feeling it's gonna be this

TreIII

ULTROS! said:
Unfortunately, I've got a feeling it's gonna be this

Far as I know, Inafune has no part in this side-project. It's basically in the same predicament that "Rockman Strategy" was in years ago. (Capcom farms out the license for a few quick bucks.)

Plus, he has gone on to say that he personally wasn't going to return to Rockman X until he was ready. In the mean time he "wanted to do something new with Rockman". So I dunno why he would be supporting such a project like this, when he's the very same guy who had a hand in "ruining" the Mega Man X collection because he didn't want it to interfere with his Maverick Hunter X for PSP. :lol

Beth Cyra

TreIII said:
Far as I know, Inafune has no part in this side-project. It's basically in the same predicament that "Rockman Strategy" was in years ago. (Capcom farms out the license for a few quick bucks.)

Plus, he has gone on to say that he personally wasn't going to return to Rockman X until he was ready. In the mean time he "wanted to do something new with Rockman". So I dunno why he would be supporting such a project like this, when he's the very same guy who had a hand in "ruining" the Mega Man X collection because he didn't want it to interfere with his Maverick Hunter X for PSP. :lol

What is this all about?

TreIII

TruePrime said:
What is this all about?

It's been the subject of speculation that the reason the MMX Collection ended up being so much in the way of slap-dash and had some other features that were planned for it nixed (I believe remixed BGMs and updated scripts were hinted at one point), was because Inafune didn't want something to overshadow his (at the time) upcoming PSP game.

Seeing how we ended up with a product where the emulation wasn't that good, music didn't loop properly for X1 or X2, and there were some odd additions to the scripts in some of the games in that collection (X definitely didn't say "Damn!" in the SNES MMX! And what's with all the "8s" in MMX5? :lol), it remains an interesting little curiosity, if nothing else.

TreIII said:
It's been the subject of speculation that the reason the MMX Collection ended up being so much in the way of slap-dash and had some other features that were planned for it nixed (I believe remixed BGMs and updated scripts were hinted at one point), was because Inafune didn't want something to overshadow his (at the time) upcoming PSP game.

Seeing how we ended up with a product where the emulation wasn't that good, music didn't loop properly for X1 or X2, and there were some odd additions to the scripts in some of the games in that collection (X definitely didn't say "Damn!" in the SNES MMX! And what's with all the "8s" in MMX5? :lol), it remains an interesting little curiosity, if nothing else.
Well, he intended to get those things (which were recorded and are now either lost or on a harddrive somewhere) in to further remakes of the X games on the PSP, not in the collection.

Which was a hugely dick move, but understandable if he actually could get the X remakes out. But he didn't, MHX bombed, and Capcom did not want to make more. So the opportunity is basically gone.

TreIII

ShockingAlberto said:
Well, he intended to get those things (which were recorded and are now either lost or on a harddrive somewhere) in to further remakes of the X games on the PSP, not in the collection.

Which was a hugely dick move, but understandable if he actually could get the X remakes out. But he didn't, MHX bombed, and Capcom did not want to make more. So the opportunity is basically gone.

It may not be entirely gone. At Captivate a few months ago, Inafune basically said, in so many words, that he will return to the X series "one day". And when that day comes, "MHX2" is more likely than an "X9" at this point. And with the Mega Man PSP games actually selling a bit more post-mortem, who knows?

Still does nothing to assuage "what could have been" a perfectly good collection of games. And for that matter, I'm still waiting on that "Mega Man Mania" (GB Collection) Capcom! A friend of mine even still has the reserve receipt at Gamestop! :lol

Top Bottom