• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom @ ComicCon: "You saved my job so I'm going to troll everyone" (SFIII Online)

TreIII

Prime crotch said:
Vampire Savior is a better game than Street Fighter 4, but Ono worked on SF4....soooooo

Like it or not, Ono was also the producer of Capcom Fighting Jam, too. :lol

But really, the only real take-away worth noting is that, if nothing else, each progressive fighting game project that Ono gets involved with ends up being much better than the last. And I'd like to think a guy who has such a massive boner for the Vampire series would be interested in doing more to give the series the justice it deserves.

Ono just needs to make sure that the Japanese Vampire players have plenty of say in making the game solid, and we should have something good on our hands. And with Marvel vs. Capcom 3 doing more to turn me off each day, a worthy successor to Vampire Savior could be just the kind of Capcom fighter I've been waiting for...

My heart is weak but.

Picture4.png

I BELIEVE.

robor

Is a Mega Man 3DS an impossibility?

TreIII said:
Like it or not, Ono was also the producer of Capcom Fighting Jam, too. :lol

But really, the only real take-away worth noting is that, if nothing else, each progressive fighting game project that Ono gets involved with ends up being much better than the last. And I'd like to think a guy who has such a massive boner for the Vampire series would be interested in doing more to give the series the justice it deserves.

Ono just needs to make sure that the Japanese Vampire players have plenty of say in making the game solid, and we should have something good on our hands. And with Marvel vs. Capcom 3 doing more to turn me off each day, a worthy successor to Vampire Savior could be just the kind of Capcom fighter I've been waiting for...

I will buy this day 1. Vampire Savior is STILL my fav Vs. Fighter. If they're going to make a sequel/reboot/whatever, then they MUST consider the match set-up:
hardcore gaming 101 said:
Each player has two life bars. When a player loses a life bar, there is a one or two second pause before he gets back up and resumes fighting.
This eliminates rounds and keeps to the upbeat pacing of the game (which it's renowned for imo). Oh and regenerative health bars.

TreIII

IntelliHeath said:
..... Next Saturday? I thought comiccon wouldn't happens for other two weeks.

He's probably either a) referring to how he'll be showing it off "in-house" for others to view amongst his circle or b) we might actually GET a nice surprise next Saturday. But I'm thinking it's probably the former, as there's no reason to kill the Comic-con surprise that early on...right?

robor said:
I will buy this day 1. Vampire Savior is STILL my fav Vs. Fighter. If they're going to make a sequel/reboot/whatever, then they MUST consider the match set-up:

*brofists with a fellow Savior lover*

Oh, I think plenty of people will riot if Ono doesn't honor Savior in the proper fashion. Plus, the Savior "downs" format was among the many things that made the series truly unique from SF. You couldn't give away a round to build up meter, or anything of that sort. Savior is one of the most "unforgiving" games of its kind, and I hope Ono can craft a sequel truly worthy of being its successor. :D

wwm0nkey

a Master Ninja said:
Who would want that? Street Fighter vs Mortal Kombat is what the people have been waiting almost 20 years for.
Hey I wont be happy if thats the announcement either, but it sadly might be. I wanted Megaman Legends :(

Harada has wanted to do a Tekken vs. game for awhile now. Although the idea that he kicked around most is Tekken vs. Virtua Fighter.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I've been wondering how SF vs. Tekken would work. In Tekken you can side step but do only physical combat. In SF, you can't side step but can do fireballs.

Although Tekken vs. Virtua Fighter seems much more possible since they both can side step and do physical combat only.

robor

Damn right man. I love that game to bits, the commentator is BAD ASS "Ahrrrehdy". I have a Japanese Saturn JUST for that game, nothing else.

The game is unique to me because of what I stated earlier but I wanna divulge further:

Regenerative health bars. This is where it's AT. I love this feature because it gives the player a different perspective on blocking/evading. This also boasts the game's flexibility. I just hope Ono recognizes these subtle features of the game: it is NOT just a Street Fighter clone.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
So much for Darkstalkers, I guess.

a Master Ninja said:
Who would want that? Street Fighter vs Mortal Kombat is what the people have been waiting almost 20 years for.
Capcom wouldn't allow fatalities. You'd end up with a lot of bitching like with MKvsDCU.

Krev said:
Capcom wouldn't allow fatalities. You'd end up with a lot of bitching like with MKvsDCU.

A lot more than that considering MKvsDCU still had fatalities. They were just really tame compared to what's expected from the series.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
SolidSnakex said:
A lot more than that considering MKvsDCU still had fatalities. They were just really tame compared to what's expected from the series.
Well yeah. I don't think Capcom would let the game be anywhere near as brutal as MKvsDCU. SF characters don't even kill each other at the end of a match, so I imagine fatalities would be completely out.
Basically, it will never happen.

TreIII

Krev said:
So much for Darkstalkers, I guess.

Maybe not. Ono just got on stage, and basically suggested that what he's working is not likely going to be the "cross-over effort" just yet.

Just that "we'll definitely want to play it next year after seeing it (at Comic-con) in 2 weeks". :lol

TreIII

RoryDropkick said:
Namco X Capcom? mmmmaybe? :D

Monolithsoft has been busy with the likes of Xenoblade and the second SRW OG Saga game. Where would they have the time to make such a game? :lol

TreIII

God's Beard said:
He mentioned the arcade version of SSF4, so I'm guessing Turbo.

I believe he's already gone on to mention that SSF4 will be the last SF4 game. Furthermore, if they really are intending for Super 4 to have long legs, they would severely undercut that notion by announcing a new SF anything beyond DLC.

So, I'm sticking with either Darkstalkers, or something that could really stand to blow our minds, like a new Jojo's/Steel Ball Run fighting game (THAT would be the DAY! :lol).

robor

Green Scar said:
Their holiday games of course. DKC Returns, Kirby, Golden Sun, Metroid, Professor Layton... probably.

Sure but would that be the ONLY reason to have a booth at ComicCon? You don't think they would show something new there?

robor said:
Sure but would that be the ONLY reason to have a booth at ComicCon? You don't think they would show something new there?

Nope. I think they'll be promoting their holiday line-up. In all seriousness, what could they show. E3 was packed for them, they've gotten everything non-3DS out of their system.

mello

Something new and original would be nice, or a reboot to one of there classic IP. Forgotten Worlds, Ghouls 'n Ghosts, Strider... Capcom need to sort out there priorities stat!

Top Bottom