• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom @ ComicCon: "You saved my job so I'm going to troll everyone" (SFIII Online)

Capcom vs SNK 3 please.

Also, it seems like it's SSF4 related with the ink, so it's most likely just more stages and characters.

vg260

-DarKaoZ- said:
SFA3 for PS1? I thought they uploaded the PSP ver, but that was a while back IIRC.

Oops. You're right. My bad. It's Alpha 1 & 2 for the PS1 and Alpha3 as a digital PSP download on the store. Still, wonder why they put just those three characters up.

dilatedmuscle said:
Capcom vs SNK 3 would be awesome.

Eres mexicano?

Si.

Either way, I think it's pretty much a fact they'll use the SF4 engine since they have the ink there. I wouldn't mind CvS3 in that engine so long as they have the CvS features like grooves, rolls, etc...

Ibuki, Ryu, and Cody ftw.. now I won't have to choose 1 character since I usually stick to one character if there is no 3v3 system.

One can dream.

TreIII

KS Seven X said:
Either way, I think it's pretty much a fact they'll use the SF4 engine since they have the ink there. I wouldn't mind CvS3 in that engine so long as they have the CvS features like grooves, rolls, etc...

Ibuki, Ryu, and Cody ftw.. now I won't have to choose 1 character since I usually stick to one character if there is no 3v3 system.

One can dream.

If there's one thing that Ono HAS confirmed on his twitter, it's that whatever he's working on is NOT CvS3 and certainly not MK vs. SF. :lol

Davedough

Its a fully 3 dimensionally realized Megaman Action/RPG with realistic character models and environments, a Strider remake or Powerstone 3.

OR what I'm banking on. A complete and utter letdown.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Davedough said:
Its a fully 3 dimensionally realized Megaman Action/RPG with realistic character models and environments, a Strider remake or Powerstone 3.

OR what I'm banking on. A complete and utter letdown.
They're rebooting their reboot of the Bionic Commando series.

vg260

STREET FIGHTER: Producer Yoshinori Ono’s exciting (and surprising!) vision for the future of the legendary fighting franchise

Saturday, July 24th
Room 25ABC
12:00–1:00 PM
Super Street Fighter IV Producer, Yoshinori Ono, shares his thoughts on SSFIV and presents his exciting vision for the future of the franchise. Experience why everyone can’t get enough of Street Fighter! Featuring Seth Killian, Street Fighter Special Advisor. Followed by a Q&A session.

Dunno if this has anything to do with the Inafune new game announcement, but Ono said he was pitching something to him, right?

Platy

2&2 said:
STREET FIGHTER: Producer Yoshinori Ono’s exciting (and surprising!) vision for the future of the legendary fighting franchise

Ono said:
You're in for a treat. RT @LavosBR: @Yoshi_OnoChin I'm confuse, It's really a fight game? or a adventure game?

It is totaly Street Fighter IV Flashback featuring Poison !!!!!
but then again ...

Ono said:
Fu,fu,fu. Now discover what is waiting for you. :) RT @Protodude: @Yoshi_OnoChin Care to drop any hints about Inafune's game?

Urban Dictionary said:
1 - fu fu fu
a word shown in manga showing a chuckle
"fu fu fu, what kind of pathetic trinket is this?!"

------------------

Edit :

It is just me living in a parallel dimension or it EXISTS a namco vs capcom and it can't go to usa because of copyright problems ? =P

TreIII said:

...how this pic has anything to do with tekken vs street ? can be just a power point to show how they achived the sf4 style =P

2&2 said:
Anyone notice that Capcom just put up Charlie, R. Mika, and Rolento avatars on the PSN store?

Could be because they offer Alpha 3 as a PS1 download, but they recently put up Morrigan and Felicia after MvC3 was announced. Possible Arcade/DLC update hints? A column of 3 would fit nicely on the character select screen. Maybe something else Alpha-related?
i'm salty they didn't put up lilith

BitchTits

2&2 said:
Anyone notice that Capcom just put up Charlie, R. Mika, and Rolento avatars on the PSN store?
Probably nothing, but Rolento was close to inclusion in SSF4 right? And R.Mika is a favorite character of Onos? Could mean arcade/DLC characters announcment.

I'd be OK with that, Charlie is an easy inclusion, so not much work there - I want Poison in finally to make up for that :D

This Street Fighter adventure game idea doesn't really sound that interesting to me, but whatever.

yurinka

In addition to SFA3 PSX release in PSN (I think SFA3 PSP was already released), I think these 3 characters may be included in the arcade (and PC) version of SSFIV.

They would announce it in ComicCon, it would feature these characters in addition to gameplay tweaks and some extras like backgrounds or outfits. There would be DLC for the console versions including these changes.

Degen

But R.Mika is a grappler. That means they'd have to give a female character health, and we all know that's impossible in SF4.

krazen

I just don't see them putting another VS title down the pike, considering they are dropping two back to back (Tatsunoko and now Marvel)

KAL2006

Banned
Possibilities

1. Super Street Fighter IV Turbo DLC, includes 6 new characters and new stages. Released for PC and Arcade as well as being released for PS3/360 as greatest hits release and a DLC addon for current Super owners.

2. Street Fighter anime tv series or new anime movie.

3. Street Fighter VS Tekken (Tekken producer was at EVO, and he is on Ono's twitpic)

4. Capcom VS Arc System Works (Arc System Works currently have a countdown that finishes around the same time, maybe it is not a vs game and they are helping develop a Capcom IP)

5. Street Fighter spin off action adventure game

6. Street Fighter III: Third Strike XBLA/PSN re-release

I would like Capcom VS SNK 3 the most, but that would never happen

robor

Not to be a burden here, but I really hope it's not another "Y Vs. X" game, I think it would deflate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3's appeal imo. That and I would like something that's not soo predictable?

ijustwantdarkstalkers

Nemesis556 said:
It's a Inafune title, is it not? I'm thinking just another DLC Megaman game. >_>
All Capcom games are Inafune games, in that he has to approve them. Ono got his approved, and is making a fighting game announcement for Comic Con. The safe money is on a Street Fighter 4 extension, although Darkstalkers is another possibility.

vg260

God's Beard said:
All Capcom games are Inafune games, in that he has to approve them.

He's THE man there now? Like head of development or something? I thought he was just one of many producers.

yurinka

2&2 said:
He's THE man there now? Like head of development or something?
He's "head of Research & Development and Online Business" and G"lobal Head of Production" in Capcom, so he is in charge of all games developed there. He is THE man.

KAL2006 said:
Possibilities

1. Super Street Fighter IV Turbo DLC, includes 6 new characters and new stages. Released for PC and Arcade as well as being released for PS3/360 as greatest hits release and a DLC addon for current Super owners.

2. Street Fighter anime tv series or new anime movie.

3. Street Fighter VS Tekken (Tekken producer was at EVO, and he is on Ono's twitpic)

4. Capcom VS Arc System Works (Arc System Works currently have a countdown that finishes around the same time, maybe it is not a vs game and they are helping develop a Capcom IP)

5. Street Fighter spin off action adventure game

6. Street Fighter III: Third Strike XBLA/PSN re-release

I would like Capcom VS SNK 3 the most, but that would never happen
7. Street Fighter V, bitches

8. Hip Hop Gamer said Street Fighter Kinect (not to be announced now, but...) :p

I bet it's the option 1, in addition to a new Darkstalkers which may be announced later.

TreIII

krazen said:
I just don't see them putting another VS title down the pike, considering they are dropping two back to back (Tatsunoko and now Marvel)

More than likely, a "Namco vs. Capcom" would be as different a game from MvC3 as CvS was from MvC2. And again, let's not forget that Capcom released MvC2 and CvS only a few months apart from one another in the year 2000.

God's Beard said:
All Capcom games are Inafune games, in that he has to approve them. Ono got his approved, and is making a fighting game announcement for Comic Con. The safe money is on a Street Fighter 4 extension, although Darkstalkers is another possibility.

We already know about a Super SF4 arcade release slated for this fall in Japan Beyond possibly a DLC update for the home version, Ono considers SF4 "done". And the game that's reportedly going to be unveiled by Inafune is an "all-new game".

Again, I think the Arcade UFO tweet from last page (that said "Namco vs. Capcom") is probably on to something. A major arcade venue would be more likely to have eyes and ears that could access such information ahead of time, if for nothing else, for the sake of "pre-orders". :D

MoxManiac

God's Beard said:

I hope it's not a SSF4 Turbo. There was already a little resistance to an expansion to SF4 (due to the expansion mayhem people remember from the sf2 days) and another one could actually harm things imo

Davedough

It's Capcom vs Street Fighter. All Capcom IPs versus the Street Fighter crew. Dante v Ken, Chris Redfield v Chun Li, Bionic Commando v Zangief. They've run out of regurgitation that now they're regurgitating their own games against each other.

Since Inafune is the head of everything right now, I'm really surprised he hasn't announced Megaman Legends 3 yet. We was willing to make Lost Planet in secret, so I bet he's pouring everything into MML now that he has the power.

TreIII

God's Beard said:
Since Inafune is the head of everything right now, I'm really surprised he hasn't announced Megaman Legends 3 yet. We was willing to make Lost Planet in secret, so I bet he's pouring everything into MML now that he has the power.

He may be the HNIC of R&D, but even HE has to still appease his "masters" (CEO, suits, stockholders). I'd like to think that after doing everything in the last few years to make them happy, that would make things more likely for him to be able to make "the game he's really wanted to make" (which he hinted at back at Captivate).

Mega Man Universe = "game he's wanted to make"? I think so... :D

Any way, looking forward to the fighting game announcement this weekend. They play their cards right, and I won't even be paying attention to MvC3 any more! :D

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
TreIII said:
He may be the HNIC of R&D, but even HE has to still appease his "masters" (CEO, suits, stockholders). I'd like to think that after doing everything in the last few years to make them happy, that would make things more likely for him to be able to make "the game he's really wanted to make" (which he hinted at back at Captivate).

Mega Man Universe = "game he's wanted to make"? I think so... :D

Any way, looking forward to the fighting game announcement this weekend. They play their cards right, and I won't even be paying attention to MvC3 any more! :D

actually next weekend :(

Comic Con - July 22-24, so 8-10 days until we will find out.

Even they would announce other fighting games, so I'm still looking forward for mvc3. Also I hope that they would reveal other characters.

TreIII

mello said:
L.jpg

Looking at this thing again, what a SRKer said starts to make a good deal of sense....

You all are overthinking this. Its a trailer for the Arcade/PC/DLC update version of SSF4 containing new charecters, new moves etc. We already knew that was coming, its just a trailer for it. They aren't giong to use the ink blotches in another game. That's SF4's signature.

The picture at the bottom underneath those is Dimitri's hair Darkstalkers. Its a mass of rising hair at too steep an angle to be Jin's. Also, Jin's hair is black, that hair is brown.

Its what we all thought it was. He's even confirmed this via twitter several times. Anytime someone ask he never denies it, only brushes it off coyly.

Of course, now that just gives rise to the idea that the Namco v. Capcom idea could be something else altogether. Maybe that's the new project that Tekken producer Katsuhiro Harada will be undertaking...? :D

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
TreIII said:
Looking at this thing again, what a SRKer said starts to make a good deal of sense....

Of course, now that just gives rise to the idea that the Namco v. Capcom idea could be something else altogether. Maybe that's the new project that Tekken producer Katsuhiro Harada will be undertaking...? :D

I remember to see that quote on eventhubs's comments as well. Also This comment made me think of Street Fighter vs Darkstalker with SF4 arts.

Unless they plan to announce Darkstalker and SSF4T at once

TreIII

IntelliHeath said:
I remember to see that quote on eventhubs's comments as well. Also This comment made me think of Street Fighter vs Darkstalker with SF4 arts.

Unless they plan to announce Darkstalker and SSF4T at once

Well, it really sounds like it's going to be two different announcements. Inafune is revealing something on that Thursday, while Ono is talking about the "future of SF4" a few days later.

Could be very interesting times...

DasRaven

If it is SSF4 Turbo/PC/Arcade, I hope for the following in this order:
1. ALT2 for the Super characters. (I'm pretty sure these are guaranteed)
2. Color 13 = Faded Pastels = "Old" Character (No ultras, No tech throws, More (look at the) DAMAGE!)
3. More stages (ideally enough to associate one with each character)
4. ALT3 for everyone. (take some ideas from the SF4 PC mods and do some hardcore fanservice like Mecha-Gief & Saikyo-Blanka were)

You know, easy, fun stuff without much possibility of breaking the existing metagame.

I really think there are enough characters at this point as much as I'd love to see Elena.
I'm not a big fan of new moves either as the game is decently balanced already.

LowParry

How exactly would a Tekken vs Street Fighter work? Or Namco vs Capcom? I call shenanigans with that idea but what the hell? It's probably the arcade release of Super.

TreIII

CcrooK said:
How exactly would a Tekken vs Street Fighter work? Or Namco vs Capcom? I call shenanigans with that idea but what the hell?

Well, put it this way....how in the world do you pit the likes of Strider, Morrigan, Ryu and Jin + Blodia from Cyberbots together in a game, knowing full well that the games that they all come from are NOTHING alike?

Simple answer = you do something different.

TreIII said:
Well, put it this way....how in the world do you pit the likes of Strider, Morrigan, Ryu and Jin + Blodia from Cyberbots together in a game, knowing full well that the games that they all come from are NOTHING alike?

Simple answer = you do something different.

Yes, but those are all characters from 2D games that work within the 2D framework of the SF derived Versus series.

Tekken has established 3D gameplay; will the Capcom characters fit within the framework of a 2D game? Or vice versa? That's the question being asked here.

Top Bottom