• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom @ ComicCon: "You saved my job so I'm going to troll everyone" (SFIII Online)

TreIII

viewtiful_dru said:
Yes, but those are all characters from 2D games that work within the 2D framework of the SF derived Versus series.

Strider definitely isn't. They had to make up his move-set from his original 2D side-scroller slasher roots in order to "fit" the game, as it were. Meanwhile, Jin gets out of the thing he fought in his original game in order to fight you on a new playing field. And he doesn't even fight like any thing close to what Blodia did in Cyberbots.

Tekken has established 3D gameplay; will the Capcom characters fit within the framework of a 2D game? Or vice versa? That's the question being asked here.

If it is Namco vs. Capcom, it likely wouldn't be just Tekken. If nothing else, Namco X Capcom proved that there are lot of different characters that Namco could choose to make a fighting game roster out of, which would basically mean that that we would have to have an all new engine to accommodate all of their dudes, as well as Capcom's. After all, even some one like Bravoman and various Tales of characters likely wouldn't into the confines of a Tekken engine. That much should go without saying! :lol

Any way, I'm still rooting for the Darkstalkers notion. But if it is Namco v. Capcom (or better yet, Namco is actually the one spearheading that effort, leaving Ono free to do his own project), so be it. I'd be just as interested in seeing the potential such a game has. :D

Platy

viewtiful_dru said:
Yes, but those are all characters from 2D games that work within the 2D framework of the SF derived Versus series.

Tekken has established 3D gameplay; will the Capcom characters fit within the framework of a 2D game? Or vice versa? That's the question being asked here.

Street fighter has the EX series that deal with 3d gameplay ... and Tekken had this (and i think that tekken for gba also was 2d .. but i might be wrong)

But the fact is .. Tekken chars play way too much like each other when compared to Street Fighter because Tekken is a fighter based on """""reality""""" like Virtua Fighter, so the lack of hadoukens make the moves somewhat limited .... wich is why i would want something along the lines of Soul Calibur VS Street Fighter if something like that ever happened..... i mean ... mitsurugui has a shoryuken and cervantes has a psycho crusher ! =P

Varth

I would bet on SF VS Darkstalkers if it wasn't so totally senseless to flood your own market with so many similar projects*. Maybe it's some sort of Darkstalker add-on for SSFIV?

*well, we're talking about Capcom ^^'

VerTiGo

Banned
I can't believe we haven't seen Nintendo vs. Capcom. That would be explosive.

While I do kinda like Smash Bros. 'n all, Smash Bros vs. Street Fighter or Nintendo vs. Capcom would be like the greatest thing ever.

In all seriousness, I would drop for Super Street Fighter IV Turbo next year if it includes more Street Fighter Alpha and SFIII characters (I miss Alex but he's in Tsatsunoko so that kinda makes up for it). It could be a full priced add-on to SSFIV or another retail release. I don't care.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
i'd pay 60 bucks for SSF4T

Turbo speed
balance updates
more mp options
more backgrounds

a few more characters from Alpha/3rd (Rolento <3333)

maybe one new character again?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Prime crotch said:
They could just narrow the reversal window and it would become a better game.

THEY COULD JUST NARROW THE REVERSAL WINDOW AND IT WOULD BECOME A BETTER GAME

Platy

Ono is being flooded with questions ... here are some answers ...well ... "answers" :

New Capcom Fighting Jam (re-titled) - Oh... Fighting JAM!! Umm , can't make new Ver.:)

Another attempt at Capcom Fighting All-Stars? - Oh, It might be a good idea to redevelopment

New Captain Commando Game - Ca, Captain Commando!? Umm It's a very old IP.

New Darkstalkers,A new Power stone or a new Tech Romancer? - Whick want!

Capcom VS........Street Fighter?? =P - Rubbish! :)

Mega Man Legends 3 -- announced at Comic-Con... right?!?! - I'm far from certain on that point.

Super Street Fighter 4 Ultra: 2nd Impact - Turbo Edition? - No I don't. :)

Namco vs Capcom? Please, no walls. - Haha, It's Harada-san VS Ono-Chin!! :)

sf4 xbox vs ssf4 ps3 online possible? - WoW!! I think you are asking too much.

SF vs Daigo? - Gaaah! In that case, Justin Team VS Daigo selection's Fighter isn't it ? :p

Capcom vs Nintendo (Smash Bros)? - You should ask Mr. SAKURAI-San for it. :)

jinny kazama vs jimmy blanka - FIGHT! - Haha! It's Fun.

a street fighter game designed for kinect and move?! - Hahaaa. Do u want "Street fighter exercise" ? :)

Street Fighter VS Street Fighter, right?:) - Excuse me? It is ... Oh, It's Street Fighter !! :D

TreIII

Platy said:
Ono is being flooded with questions ... here are some answers ...well ... "answers" :

Here's a few more older ones to add more fuel!

@carminemac I'm left speechless yet..... Shhhh. RT@Yoshi_OnoChin So now you can make a new Darkstalkers/Vampire game, right?

It is my lifework. I want to achieve it some time. :) RT @own1e: @Yoshi_OnoChin And a new Darkstalkers?

Fu,fu,fu. Now discover what is waiting for you. :) RT @Protodude: @Yoshi_OnoChin Care to drop any hints about Inafune's game?

Some thing's definitely up. And it really sounds like the game that Inafune and he met about around 6/29, and what Inafune stands to present a week from now, is Darkstalkers. Now, Namco vs. Capcom itself? Again, I wouldn't be surprised if, much like Namco X Capcom, it's a game that Namco themselves are spear-heading, while Ono is doing something else. :D

TreIII

Gravijah said:
Honest question: Would people care more about Tekken Vs Street Fighter or Namco Vs Street Fighter?

If that arcade ufo tweet is to be believed, "Namco vs. Capcom" is what's on the way. But it may be Namco's Tekken team, rather than Ono and Capcom themselves.

MarkMan said:
looking forward to comic-con !

And this man right here probably knows something. He tweets Ono back and forth! GET HIM! String him up by his sticks! :lol :lol

duckroll said:
DARKSTALKERS! REBORN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I will e-hug you so much if/when this comes to pass! Of course, in a brotherly like fashion! :lol

Enk

makes good threads.
As much I would like another Darkstalkers, I'm kinda hoping he will come out of left field and anounce a new Power Stone. We could use a little variety in the fighting game scene and a full 3d fighter is something that hasn't fully been explored this gen. Darkstalkers seems like something that could easily get buried under SFIV and MVC3.

Dizzy-4U

TreIII said:
If that arcade ufo tweet is to be believed, "Namco vs. Capcom" is what's on the way. But it may be Namco's Tekken team, rather than Ono and Capcom themselves.
Maybe Namco does Namco x Capcom and Capcom does Capcom x Namco, like what they did with SNK to please both fanbases.

Anyways, KOS-MOS S-Tier!

SnakeSlashRO said:
It's my God given right to have Shounen Jump vs Capcom.
This would be so incredible. 1v1, A/B/C/Assist. Assist does different things depending on the character. Luffy might have crewmate assists that you can choose at character select, Goku has a Kaio Ken meter that empties over time, Jotaro Kujo has a stand meter that depletes when it gets hit, etc. Every character with normal and assist supers that can be used simultaneously. Level one = 2xQCF+ A, 2 =B, 3 = C, Assist = Assist

Can you imagine Goku's level 1, 2 and 3 supers? Super Saiyan level 1, 2 and 3, AWW YEAH

xero273

God's Beard said:
This would be so incredible. 1v1, A/B/C/Assist. Assist does different things depending on the character. Luffy might have crewmate assists that you can choose at character select, Goku has a Kaio Ken meter that empties over time, Jotaro Kujo has a stand meter that depletes when it gets hit, etc. Every character with normal and assist supers that can be used simultaneously. Level one = 2xQCF+ A, 2 =B, 3 = C, Assist = Assist

Can you imagine Goku's level 1, 2 and 3 supers? Super Saiyan level 1, 2 and 3, AWW YEAH

And Sasuke would be S Tier

xero273 said:
And Sasuke would be S Tier

All 3 normal Supers summon a teammate to heal him to full health, and his assist super is the mangekyo raging demon.

His assist type is sharingan mode, which makes everything slow motion except for him.

And it's always turned on.

Snakeyes

SnakeSlashRO said:
It's my God given right to have Shounen Jump vs Capcom.

I saw a pretty creative list of Jump characters over at Unity.

Goku
Arale
Luffy
Kinnikuman
Kenshiro
Dio
Kenshin
Kaiba
Hisoka
Ryuk
Ryo-san
Clare
Hilda
Hao
Lenalee
Naruto
Tsuna
Seiya
Ichigo

Platy

TreIII said:
How interesting....and now we have yet ANOTHER player! :lol

Well .... capcom can be designing lots of games ... but i doubt that one is responable for a megaman game =x

Anth0ny

Snakeyes said:
I saw a pretty creative list of Jump characters over at Unity.

Goku
Arale
Luffy
Kinnikuman
Kenshiro
Dio
Kenshin
Kaiba
Hisoka
Ryuk
Ryo-san
Clare
Hilda
Hao
Lenalee
Naruto
Tsuna
Seiya
Ichigo

game of the forever

I vow to be the world's greatest dhalsim... I mean Luffy main!

TreIII

Platy said:
Well .... capcom can be designing lots of games ... but i doubt that one is responable for a megaman game =x

We still got that "Mega Man Universe" copyright that we still have no idea what it is. All that we do know is that it's not likely related to that "Mega Man Online" Korean-made MMO. :lol

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Ain't this the cutest picture you've ever seen?

935483250_hr9Vc-L.jpg

It would be so funny if they didnt announce Darkstalkers. Either way ill be happy once its a fighting game. Id love a new rivial schools or JoJos Bizzare Adventure although that will never happen.

TreIII

V_Ben said:
More than one? Capcom, you spoil us :lol

Let's not forget that this is Capcom Europe. They more than likely definitely are confirming something's up for next week, but who knows what else we already know that they could be "confirming". :lol

Top Bottom