• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom @ ComicCon: "You saved my job so I'm going to troll everyone" (SFIII Online)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Hag said:
Capcom, put some Rival Schools chars and I'm sold. Thx.

This "Namco vs Capcom" sounds like "SNK vs Capcom", where SNK stands for KoF and Capcom stands for Street Fighter.

Anony

if true, this is the worse scheduling ever

in essence, they are announcing THREE versus games in the same time period

Anony said:

Seriously. I was pulling for a new Darkstalkers or maybe even a new franchise. SF4 was such a great refreshing breath of life in the genre, I was hoping for oldies to be re-established or something new. Something like this makes me worry that the higher-ups think this is a fad and they better cash-in as quick as possible.

fubarduck

Anony said:

So 3 games with "versus" in the title (which has no weight on the gameplay whatsoever), all targeting completely different markets, is bad scheduling? It's been said a few times already, but MVC2/CVS1/CVS2/SVC Chaos all came out within about a 3-year span.

Anyway, our judgment should be reserved until Saturday! :)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I really, REALLY hope the Namco thing is a rumor and what they really want to say is Bandai.

I just need my tokusatsu vs capcom fix :(

TreIII

fubarduck said:
So 3 games with "versus" in the title (which has no weight on the gameplay whatsoever), all targeting completely different markets, is bad scheduling? It's been said a few times already, but MVC2/CVS1/CVS2/SVC Chaos all came out within about a 3-year span.

Anyway, our judgment should be reserved until Saturday! :)

"Our"? Don't you mean "your"? The likes of you and MarkMan probably have known about this any way. :lol

corkscrewblow said:
Who would buy the Namco version? :lol
If they took liberties and expanded the Capcom character's move lists I'd definitely check it out to see what they came up with. Of course if it's all launchers and jabs then I'd skip it.

Anony

fubarduck said:
all targeting completely different markets

LOL, are you delusional, going by the name basis alone, i can argue that half of the targeted people are the same market, plus it's all fighting games

fighting games are going to be the new fps, there's way too many on the market today at the rate this is going

TreIII

Anony said:
LOL, are you delusional, going by the name basis alone, i can argue that half of the targeted people are the same market, plus it's all fighting games

And you still wouldn't be correct. Namco games do more to appeal to their own demographic, just as Capcom games appeal to their own demographic. That's part of the reason why people are a bit "iffy" about this prospect in the first place, because they can't imagine how some characters would perform in one game style vs. another.

Not to mention the notion that Namco's game is much more likely to hit arcades, while Capcom's game may skip arcades entirely. Yet another notion of how the games will cater to different markets altogether.

hxa155

Anony said:

fighting games are going to be the new fps, there's way too many on the market today at the rate this is going

Actually FPS are the new fighting games, which were the new sidescrollers.

Skilletor

Anony said:

I can tell you right now, going by name basis alone, that if CvS3 were announced it would attract different people than MvC3.

If I like Halo, it doesn't mean I give a shit about the next Call of Duty to be announced.

LowParry

parasight said:
Why does everyone keep talking about the inferior Namco fighter? SOUL CALIBUR VS. STREETFIGHTER! /fistpump

:lol

Why, so we can have some more Yoda and Vader? Fuck that. If that's what keeps SC alive I rather see it dead for good.

LowParry

ShockingAlberto said:
Namco vs. Capcom implies characters like Klonoa and maybe, say, Yuri? Maybe?

I'd expect to see a mix of Tekken/Soul Calibur/Tales of.../ characters in. Klonoa would be pretty damn cool. Although I wonder if we'd see any of the Bandai side come along with it.

parasight

CcrooK said:
:lol

Why, so we can have some more Yoda and Vader? Fuck that. If that's what keeps SC alive I rather see it dead for good.

Ever wonder what Chun Li & Sakura would look like with double D titties? Namco's about to unleash.

CcrooK said:
I'd expect to see a mix of Tekken/Soul Calibur/Tales of.../ characters in. Klonoa would be pretty damn cool. Although I wonder if we'd see any of the Bandai side come along with it.
A Lightan-style Gundam would be amazing.

Nabs

Wallach said:
It's probably sad that I am hoping most for a SSF4 PC announcement at Comic-Con, as cool as NvC sounds (at least Capcom's version of NvC).
dude, we're never getting this :\

I'm down for Capcom vs. Namco, but IDK about Namco vs. Capcom. Playing with Street Fighter characters on a 3d field is just...wrong.

Barakov

Net_Wrecker said:
I'm down for Capcom vs. Namco, but IDK about Namco vs. Capcom. Playing with Street Fighter characters on a 3d field is just...wrong.

They've tried this before and it didn't work. 2D or I'm not interested.

duckroll

robor said:
Ok, let me rephrase. So it's confirmed that it will be atleast a X vs. Y fighting game?

Nope. It seems likely given the rumors, but I'm still holding out hope that it's a new Darkstalkers game. :(

robor

duckroll said:
Nope. It seems likely given the rumors, but I'm still holding out hope that it's a new Darkstalkers game. :(

It's the only reason why I subscribed to this thread.

CryptiK

Namco vs Capcom would be awesome
Capcom vs Namco would be doubly as awesome

I want both and I expect them to be delivered. Problem is Namco isn't showing at Comic Con is it? its a co-developed co-published game so wouldn't Namco want to be there?

[Nintex]

CryptiK said:
Namco vs Capcom would be awesome
Capcom vs Namco would be doubly as awesome

I want both and I expect them to be delivered. Problem is Namco isn't showing at Comic Con is it? its a co-developed co-published game so wouldn't Namco want to be there?
Namco is low on cash and it doesn't seem like they have anything special in development, I wouldn't be surprised if Namco and Capcom merge at some point.

GrayFoxPL

Hunahan said:
Well, the Capcom version would be automatically better since the Tekken-engine still couldn't handle projectiles appropriately.

They may be modeled in 3D now, but Street Fighter characters still cannot fundamentally exist with sidestepping.

Tekken characters, on the other hand, should be just fine on a 2D plane.

Maybe because, you know, Tekken is a basicaly a projectile-less game? :lol

There are maybe 0.1% projectile moves and all of them bar one are just joke/gag moves.

Didn't you think that if and that's a big "if" this rumour is true, then SF characters would not actualy have projectile moves in "Tekken version"?

In Tekken world Ryu and Ken would be just Karate practitioners. Hadouken would be just open palm close chest smash with and Tatsumaki a jumping spin kick.

I'm more puzzled how Tekken characters would work in SF since they have no crazy super moves. There are flashy moves ofcourse, but "flashy" if you compare it to real life, not flashy in SF world. Mishima family has this "electric" flavor, but if they start throwing lightning bolts in SF it would be hilarious.

AAK

If this rumor is indeed true, It could be the SC team that's concentrating on the Namco side. And if that is true as well I hope they tone down the fanservice. :lol

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Prime crotch said:
The most credible rumour says it's Tekken vs Street Fighter, not Namco just plain Tekken.

If that's so then I'm not interested. It would be so weird to see Tekken in 2D or SF in 3D.

If they decide to sell MvC3 and Tekken vs SF at same time, then i would pick MvC3 for sure.

GrayFoxPL said:
I'm more puzzled how Tekken characters would work in SF since they have no crazy super moves. There are flashy moves ofcourse, but "flashy" if you compare it to real life, not flashy in SF world. Mishima family has this "electric" flavor, but if they start throwing lightning bolts in SF it would be hilarious.

For the Tekken characters I'm thinking Viper and her thunder knuckles for the mishimas with them maybe generally playing like makoto mixed with Ryu or something but then they will probably give some of the other characters random projectiles and way's to safely close the distance safely if they are not grappling characters.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Maybe it's Dino Crisis?

Has it been confirmed that it's a fighting game?

Top Bottom