• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom @ ComicCon: "You saved my job so I'm going to troll everyone" (SFIII Online)

V_Arnold

Alright, it is a lose/lose situation anyway.
If the Namco vs Capcom / Capcom vs Namco game DOES NOT gets announced, that is sad because this would have been single handedly the most important collaboration in the 25+ year old history of fighting games.
If the Namco vs Capcom / Capcom vs Namco game DOES gets announced, than it will be sad to see how all Namco fanboys AND Capcom fanboys will find a way to bash these products due to their unexplainable hate of the "other" fighting series.

I, for one, cant be more excited about this. This is gonna be so awesome. Something to break the usual stuff. And YES, usuall stuff means SF going its own way and it is own way only, and the same goes for Tekken. This would create an opportunity for both series's fans to take a breath, get to know other stuff better, and to play in something fresh. Because this is as far as it gets for any SF fan to get 15+ new, totally never played before character in their Street Fighterz, and the same goes to Tekken fans and "new" characters.

This would be the best announcement in the last few years for me, yet all I see is a lose/lose situation, and not because of the quality concerns (after T6/SFIV, there are no concern from my part). Sad.

Xater

ULTROS! said:
Maybe it's Dino Crisis?

Has it been confirmed that it's a fighting game?

Ono is announcing his next game. Of course it's going to be a fighting game.

And why the hell is everyone so sure about Capcom vs Namco? So far Ono is still denying that collaboration between the two would work. I am still on the Darkstalkers train.

AAK

V_Arnold said:

Why do you care about what other people say about whichever respected franchise? Internet + anonymity always leads to douchebaggery... don't let that make you sad for something that you crave.

V_Arnold

AAK said:
Why do you care about what other people say about whichever respected franchise? Internet + anonymity always leads to douchebaggery... don't let that make you sad for something that you crave.

The reason why I care is this: negative feeedback even before release is a huge concern over these type of games, as nobody would really love to buy a game which all their 'gaming buddies' seem to hate for one reason and another. They damage the chances of the product holding up well in the stores. Or not, well. That would be good to see them announced, being good, and selling well :D

V_Arnold said:
The reason why I care is this: negative feeedback even before release is a huge concern over these type of games, as nobody would really love to buy a game which all their 'gaming buddies' seem to hate for one reason and another. They damage the chances of the product holding up well in the stores. Or not, well. That would be good to see them announced, being good, and selling well :D

People who are interested in the game in the first place wouldn't be swayed by just a comment.

AAK

V_Arnold said:

Trust me, like the poster above, it won't happen. As you can see from all the iplaywinner streams and devastation streams, the chat is flooded with Tekken hate yet Tekken 6 is the only game in Namco's previous fiscal year that met sales expectations.

KAL2006

Banned
_dementia said:
Arc System Works has an announcement the same day

the game will be...
Fighting All Stars

featuring characters from Capcom (Street Fighter, Darkstalkers etc) , Namco (Tekken, Soul Calibur), Arc System Works (BlazBlue), SNK (KoF, Samurai Shodown etc) and Sega (Virtua Fighter, Guilty Gear)

Hunahan

Banned
V_Arnold said:
This would create an opportunity for both series's fans to take a breath, get to know other stuff better, and to play in something fresh. Because this is as far as it gets for any SF fan to get 15+ new, totally never played before character in their Street Fighterz, and the same goes to Tekken fans and "new" characters.
Is this supposed to be serious?

Who the hell hasn't played Tekken and Street Fighter at this point.

I think it's safe to say that by 2010, if either Heihachi or Ryu are in any way "new" to you, then you just quite simply don't like fighting games.

LowParry

Solid_Rain said:
For the Tekken characters I'm thinking Viper and her thunder knuckles for the mishimas with them maybe generally playing like makoto mixed with Ryu or something but then they will probably give some of the other characters random projectiles and way's to safely close the distance safely if they are not grappling characters.

Just remember. Wavedash > Plasma :lol

V_Arnold

Hunahan said:
Is this supposed to be serious?

Who the hell hasn't played Tekken and Street Fighter at this point.

I think it's safe to say that by 2010, if either Heihachi or Ryu are in any way "new" to you, then you just quite simply don't like fighting games.

Uhm, a Ryu in a Tekken is a new, fresh thing, even if I know his name. Same goes for Heihachi in SF. You might have misread my post.

Degen

FINAL... ATOMI-- *throw escape*

FLASH KI-- *air counter*

SHOOORYU-- *block, juggle, bound, floor breaks, combo toward wall, wall combo*

TIGER... DESTRU-- *saw it coming because the camera zoomed in all obnoxiously, punish into oblivion*

krazen

Tekken vs SF would fail on many levels:
SF community treats 3d like the plague (and for those game mechanics, rightfully so).

Tekken's still trying to recapture its glory outside of Asia at least in the home market; tacking such a weird project as opposed to fully focusing on TK7 seems a bit unwise.

noneofexion said:
saw a 'shop here so...
... its appropriate here no?

100720182778d33cdd60a9bc76.jpg

pac man vs ryu
FIGHT!
could certainly get behind this. wow. source?

Cow Mengde said:
For some reason, Nintendo is at this year's Comic-Con...
It's Capcom, so it's not coming to Wii.

I'm still waiting mah Resident Evil 2 Remake...
and Monster Hunter 3G, and Zack Wiki 2
. :(

Anyway, I couldn't care less if it's indeed a fighting game.

BitchTits

I'm not really interested in a Namco vs Capcom fighter, but the idea of Pac-Man in such a game would be brilliant, his specials and supers could be really fun!

TreIII

ultron87 said:
Tatsunoko vs Capcom says "Hi"?

MM9 and MM10 also say "What up", and yet Inafune's new brain child, "Mega Man Universe" ain't coming to Wii, either. :D;

I mean, let's not forget that Capcom's fiscal report for this year had the Wii only getting a few titles, while the PS3 and 360 got more. It ain't looking to be a good year to be a Capcom-fan who's a Wii-only owner...

robor

TreIII said:
MM9 and MM10 also say "What up", and yet Inafune's new brain child, "Mega Man Universe" ain't coming to Wii, either. :D;

I mean, let's not forget that Capcom's fiscal report for this year had the Wii only getting a few titles, while the PS3 and 360 got more. It ain't looking to be a good year to be a Capcom-fan who's a Wii-only owner...

Depending on what I see in MMU, this year might very well be the year I get another console. Oh and if Darkstalkers is announced for 360/PS3.

TreIII

Snakeyes said:
I hope Capcom buys Namco Bandai in the near future. The days of mediocre manga-inspired fighters will finally be over. :D

You kiddin? Capcom were the same ones who, fairly recently even, put out fighting games based off of Kenichi and Fate.

At best, such an arrangement might entail that Capcom might get CC2 to do some thing like make a truly awesome game based off of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. That would be a sight to behold...

_dementia said:
Bandai Namco

Wouldn't they have to get the rights from shuei... oooooooooohhhhhhh

TreIII said:
You kiddin? Capcom were the same ones who, fairly recently even, put out fighting games based off of Kenichi and Fate.

At best, such an arrangement might entail that Capcom might get CC2 to do some thing like make a truly awesome game based off of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. That would be a sight to behold...
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is already the best fighting game ever made.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Top Bottom