• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Football 2013 - The catchall thread

Harvin or Gordon? Crap weather in Cincy + me being a Hawks homer = I kinda want to start Harvin but I'm still leaning towards Gordon :p
Gordon. I have Harvin too but I'm not thinking about starting him until he puts at least one full game in.

Has there been word about Tony Gonzalez today?

Hmm. Their web says he's starting.
Playing but questionable - missed most of if not all practices this week.

Now I have a question. I know this sounds crazy but would you guys consider starting K Allen (@Miami) over Calvin Johnson (@Pittsburgh) today? Calvin missed two days of practice this week as opposed to his usual Wednesday miss and he'll be playing in high winds and rain against a pretty good pass defense.

Also, what do you guys think about starting Andre Brown (GB) over Eddie Lacy (@NYG) this week?

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

AlexMogil

I like Andre Brown, and C Johnson. Johnson can catch in the middle still, I think. He might get alligator arms against Troy and the long sidelines might be closed due to weather, but he can still get throws for the short game and the 1st and goal end zone will be a lock for him don't you think?

UberTag

Wow McCoy out of the game with a possible hamstring tweak. He pulled a hammy earlier in the year.

Definitive update forthcoming.
We're going to curse MBison for astutely grabbing Bryce Brown an hour before kickoff, aren't we? That lucky mofo.
Then again, I'd have done the same thing had I just traded for McCoy.

I'm dominating this week just because of 3 players (Big Ben, McCoy, and Bengals D/ST). Still not safe though since the guy I'm against has Welker, Julius Thomas, and the Patriots kicker.

MuggerMD

Banned
Need some help for Monday night. I'm down 5 points my opponent has the NE kicker. I have the option of playing Amendola or D. Williams.

Who would you play?

UberTag

Need some help for Monday night. I'm down 5 points my opponent has the NE kicker. I have the option of playing Amendola or D. Williams.

Who would you play?
Amendola... don't trust anyone in the Panthers run game so long as rushes are being split 4-ways between Newton, Tolbert, DWill and JStew.

I probably like Tolbert more than the other guys 'cause at least he stands a chance of getting goal-line scores.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Normally I'd say Dalton without thinking about it but between the weather situation and the match up against Jacksonville, I think I'd give Palmer a shot today.

Palmer delivered for me today.

Too bad the rest of my offense tanked badly... Green and Garcon didn't do anything today...

LevelNth

Banned
Absolutely dominated this week... but had Folk, the Texans D and Ellington in my K, D and Flex. 3.3 points total.

Opponent had the Bills D and Haueshka. 34 points alone.

So I'm going to lose. Second highest point total, second highest points against. 6-5. Been a rough season but I still have a shot for the playoffs.

Gotta pull a NY Giants.

Might actually win for the 3rd time in a row after starting the year 0-8

TMLEvjh.png

Got huge production from Fleener after picking him up on the Waiver Wire.

Though I should've also started Charles Clay, would've given me a huge edge, especially if I sat Tate.

heh, I came into MNF down 6 points with Gostkowski and Carolina DEF. Other guy was playing DeAngelo Williams. That INT at the end of the game clinched it for me!

Two questions:

Josh McCown @ StL
or
Mike Glennon @ Det

and

Cleveland D vs. Pit
or
Tennessee D @ Oak
Alright, so I clinched playoffs, but I'm worried about my QB situation. I have RG3 who has been unreliable to say the least. I'm thinking of making a trade for Peyton, let me know what you guys think.

My team:
QB: RG3
WR: Nelson, Bryant, Gordon, Jeffery
RB: Lacy, Forte, Bernard, Vereen, Ellington
TE: Cameron, Fleener
K: Novak
Def: Chiefs

Something like RG3+Nelson+Bernard for Peyton? I'm just so stacked at WR/RB, I feel like I should solidify QB.
You may have to deal Gordon instead of Jordy to make it work. Be prepared for that possibility.

Petrie

Banned
This week I have some welcome problems. Here's the 2.

At TE do I play Jordan Cameron or Garrett Graham? Cameron has been struggling so it's tough.

I can then play 2 RB and a Flex. If Welker plays then I have to decide between Gordon, Lacy, Stacy, Brown, and Vereen in those slots. If Welker is out Gordon moves to a WR slot and the 4 spots come down to 3 of these 4 RBs. I also have TY Hilton in a WR slot and an considering benching him for Gordon if Welker plays.

Input very much appreciated.

Petrie

Banned
... no listing of teams they're facing?

That's my bad. It's almost all great matchups.

Hilton @Arizona
Lacy vs Minnesota
Stacy vs Chicago
Brown vs Dallas
Gordon vs Pittsburgh

Cameron vs Pittsburgh
Graham vs Jacksonville

You can see why the matchups aren't really helping me.

Vereen vs Denver is also an option, though I think the others are better. It is .5 PPR though.

That's my bad. It's almost all great matchups.

Hilton @Arizona
Lacy vs Minnesota
Stacy vs Chicago
Brown vs Dallas
Gordon vs Pittsburgh

Cameron vs Pittsburgh
Graham vs Jacksonville

You can see why the matchups aren't really helping me.

Vereen vs Denver is also an option, though I think the others are better. It is .5 PPR though.
Stacy/Brown/Vereen. If you have to bench any of them in PPR I guess maybe Stacy, Brown should get a few more receptions.

I can't decide who I should put at flex:

MJD (vs HOU)
Rainey (vs DET)

Also should i just ride out Carolina's DEF (vs MIA), or does Tennessee have a better matchup (vs OAK)?

rando14

Any opinions on Terrance williams going forward? Miles Austin is likely back so I imagine he'll see a decrease in targets. He's had a couple of poor games (exception of a TD last game but it was his only catch iirc) as well

rando14

Any opinion on how the Cameron vs. G. Graham question?

I'm benching Cameron until he shows up again. At this point Campbell seems to be content with spreading the ball around as much as possible (exception of Gordon), and it also seems like the running game might be getting better. I can't trust Cameron until he produces

UberTag

Cameron's big games were with Hoyer.
He had occasional flashes with Weeden and crapola with Campbell.
It's a little surprising given how the Campbell-Cooley connection paid dividends for a while in Washington.
He's just not bothering with the Tight End much.

So I ended up winning by 10 after down by 14. Vereen and Gostki came through..

In another league I just picked up Rainey amd deciding whether to start him or Douglas.

My other starters are
Welker
Graham
Stacy.

I also have Sprioles

Josh McCown @ StL
or
Mike Glennon @ Det

and

Pittsburgh D @ Cle
or
Houston D vs. Jax
Any opinions on Terrance williams going forward? Miles Austin is likely back so I imagine he'll see a decrease in targets. He's had a couple of poor games (exception of a TD last game but it was his only catch iirc) as well
I traded him because I saw this coming in advance. Too TD-dependent, didn't see alot of targets in Dallas' short-to-long O and way too many competing bodies. Plus Dallas loves Miles Austin, bumping Williams outside in 3 WR sets. He may not be flewworthy right now.
Any opinion on how the Cameron vs. G. Graham question?
Go Graham, at least Texans are known for throwing to their TEs.

... no input for my questions?

my gut says go with glennon. i feel like mccown has a bad matchup: stl plays very tough at home and their ball control offense with stacy might limit the possessions the bears will get.

D is kind of a tossup but I would lean towards Houston vs Jax.

Petrie

Banned
Josh McCown @ StL
or
Mike Glennon @ Det

and

Pittsburgh D @ Cle
or
Houston D vs. Jax

My gut tells me Glennon will have to throw more to keep up with Detroit in this game.

And I'd roll against Jax there. Even this version of Houston should be able to succeed here.

I can't decide which 3 RBs to start:

K. Moreno vs NE
L. Bell vs CLE
R. Jennings vs TEN
B. Rainey vs DET

Worried about Moreno losing goal line carries to Ball. Not sure if Rainey is the real deal. Don't know if Jennings is sharing touches with DMC. This is .5 PPR. Thanks.

I can't decide which 3 RBs to start:

K. Moreno vs NE
L. Bell vs CLE
R. Jennings vs TEN
B. Rainey vs DET

Worried about Moreno losing goal line carries to Ball. Not sure if Rainey is the real deal. Don't know if Jennings is sharing touches with DMC. This is .5 PPR. Thanks.
PPR? Moreno/Jennings/Rainey. Bell is going to slam into a brick wall in Cleveland.

Gonna take a chance tonight. Starting Harry Douglas over Welker. I plan to see alot of garbage time tonight so Douglas might get them yards.

Well if I have to I'll just switch Welker in instead of Rainey

Top Bottom