• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Football 2013 - The catchall thread

goober

I need a better TE if Cameron Jordan doesn't perform. Timmy Wright and Lardarius Green are available. Who's better rest of season?

Is Weeden back to being the starter now or was that just a desperate salvage attempt for one game? Jordan's value will go back up if Weeden is the starter going forward.

The starter got a concussion. Weedon should start this week though.
Campbell got a concussion? Well then Jordan will hopefully be a decent play this week. I'm forced to use him myself in one league.
Alright guys, I win I'm in the playoffs and if i lose im out. Pierre thomas or trent? WHAT I DO?
Keep your eye on Sproles' status, if he misses another game than Thomas no question. I'd like to say Thomas regardless because Trent has been garbage but SEA isn't a chump D. Are there not any decent options on the wire?

Yep he left the game and is doubtful for this week.

After you made the comment saw that Weeden is going to be the starter this week.

So here's a conundrum that has to be decided tonight, do I dare bench Brees and put in Romo for this week? Normally I'd say yes but Romo has single handily screwed me in each of my losses in another league. Surely he will light up the Raiders in Dallas...right?

Petrie

Banned
After you made the comment saw that Weeden is going to be the starter this week.

So here's a conundrum that has to be decided tonight, do I dare bench Brees and put in Romo for this week? Normally I'd say yes but Romo has single handily screwed me in each of my losses in another league. Surely he will light up the Raiders in Dallas...right?

You don't bench Brees.

You don't bench Brees.

I agree with that 99 percent of the time. Playoffs are on the line though and match ups are a real thing. He did not do well against Niner D and SEA is even better against pass attacks. Sproles is banged up too and Romo has such an easy match up at home. That said, I may leave in Brees just because Romo does drop duds.

UberTag

Hmm - Forte didn't practice today. I wonder if that's a precautionary measure or if Michael Bush is worth a pickup.
I suspect Bush would disappoint even if he was given all of the carries in the event of a Forte injury. He'd put up Law Firm-type numbers even in a cushy matchup.

Cincy D versus San Diego or
Detroit D versus Green Bay?

Cincy D is pretty good but SD put up big numbers against a great D in KC last week.

Detroit D is normally garbage but GB offense is trash right now without Fraudgers.

Cincy D is pretty good but SD put up big numbers against a great D in KC last week.

Detroit D is normally garbage but GB offense is trash right now without Fraudgers.
I have cincy D but i'm benching them. Rivers may get hot. But cincy loves them pick 6. Detroit D have an incentive with the green bay line calling them dirty...tough choice. I wanna say Detroit or try to find something else

Really tough choice for my RBs this week. Who do you guys like between Eddie Lacy on a 4 day turnaround against Detroit D (allowing the 7th fewest points to RB) or Lesean McCoy coming off a bye BUT going against Cardinals D (allowing the 2nd fewest points to RB)?

My other RB that I'm starting for sure is Andre Brown vs the Redskins. Since the Skins are the worst. :(

who should I start in my flex: Shane Vereen @ Houston or Keenan Allen vs Cincinatti?

Normally I'd go with K Allen since he has the higher upside but with Vereen sure to get more carries with Ridley's fumble issues combined with the fact that Houston's D hasn't been Houstons D lately (they let up huge points to RB position in the past two weeks to Oakland and Jacksonville ... yeah thats right .. Oakland and Jacksonville) I think Vereen is probably the safer play. Now, if you want to roll the dice and try to hit big, then Allen.

Lorien

Banned
Boykin or Harvin?

Definitely not Detroit. I'd go with Bengals but are the Bills available? I like them this week and the rest of the season.

I'm wondering if I should bench Steve Smith this week, odds are he'll have Revis on him all night.

If I was to bench him would you think about finally giving Roddy White a shot?

I also have Golden Tate, Greg Jennings I can move to WR from the Bench.

mI0KjoN.png

Sumidor

Holy crap, what a horrible way for me to start this week. I had Burleson, Jordy, Lacy and Mason Crosby... Crosby outscored all of them combined :(

Yeesh, is this for a 16 team league? Of all those choices I like Sanu the best.

You can't get like a LaFell, Cotchery, Streater type guy?
yep, 16 teams.

All 3 that you listed are taken. I also have Michael Crabtree and Jermaine Greshem if I wanted to do 2 TE's. I have to bench Shorts III, Haden will kill him.
I'm wondering if I should bench Steve Smith this week, odds are he'll have Revis on him all night.

If I was to bench him would you think about finally giving Roddy White a shot?

I also have Golden Tate, Greg Jennings I can move to WR from the Bench.
Revis isn't 100% but I'd think you try to play Wright.

LevelNth

Banned
Stafford, Megatron and Justin Tucker getting me 55.1 points combined is a great way to start the final week of the regular season!

Petrie

Banned
Stafford, Megatron and Justin Tucker getting me 55.1 points combined is a great way to start the final week of the regular season!

Stafford and Megatron was a great start, but Lacy and Crosby were quite disappointing. Luckily my opponent played Burleson and got a goose egg.

Looks like I should have gone with Detroit's D. I dropped them thogh and picked up the Giants Defense against my Skins (it feels dirty, but RG3 has been a turnover machine). What you think, Frankman? Start them or the Bengals D vs San Diego?

Looks like I should have gone with Detroit's D. I dropped them thogh and picked up the Giants Defense against my Skins (it feels dirty, but RG3 has been a turnover machine). What you think, Frankman? Start them or the Bengals D vs San Diego?
Out of those 2? I'd start Giants D. Any other options (Bills/Dolphins/Pats/Browns?)

Out of those 2? I'd start Giants D. Any other options?

Nah that was the best available option. Like I said I had the Detroit D but 2nd guessed myself and didn't start them. Only other defenses available in my league are shit teams (WAS, Minny, Jacksonville, ATL, Philly and Miami, though the Dolphis do play the Jets so that's intriguing)

UberTag

Would you guys take the chance Jordan Reed plays or use Garrett Graham? I'm torn.
It's an evening game but every indication is that Reed has passed his concussion tests and it's been two weeks since the injury so I think he's worth waiting for. I'm leery about every pass catcher on the Texans (Graham included) until Keenum gets his head straight.

Try and have a reserve tight end available to go in case Reed doesn't suit up. Logan Paulsen isn't a great option for the Redskins but he would be serviceable. Brandon Myers or Zach Miller would be preferable. If neither Miller or Myers can be acquired and you're leery about Paulsen, feel free to ride Graham if you don't want to chance waiting for Reed.

Top Bottom