• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Football 2013 - The catchall thread

Up to you bro but I'm all in on the Romo train choo choo!
Romo in December, football gods help me
The packers have been better at run D than pass D so I don't know that we'll see a repeat of last week for Murray. If Rogers was playing you could be confident Romo would have to keep throwing but I guess a way to look at it is the Failcons put up decent points against the Packers last week. Houston still has some good defensive players but yeah, they are playing bad and Luck was able to bounce back against them last time around. Romo and Luck were drafted around the same time for a reason, just go with whoever gives you greater confidence but I'd say Packers in Dallas is the friendlier match up, division games are generally tougher too.

You have tricky decisions for sure. On paper, Witten is the right choice as he is more talented and has a much friendlier match up. He is playing at home and GB is bad against TEs while Detroit is the 8th best D against TEs I believe. I think Flacco will try to get Pitta involved the rest of the way forward so he'll get plenty of looks, it's just a matter of performance against a pretty good D against the position. Witten has the right opportunities so if you still don't feel confident in him, I guess that means you should just roll with Pitta because it doesn't get much sweeter other than playing against the lowest bottom feeder. I do like the comments Flacco has said about Pitta being back, I really think he's going to look his way plenty down the stretch.

I think I'm just going to hop on the Romo train with you, but the Witten Pitta choice will really be a last minute decision

This QB situation is killing me. Damn you Shanahan! I guess I'll go with Cousins just because he might be the safer option. I'm so nervous with Flynn that he'll start the game terribly and get replaced by Tolzien.

Maybe I should pick up Fitzpatrick. Although he's playing against the Cardinals, which is my DST, and I'd hate to have my qb go against my defense.

Need thoughts on my flex. I've got to chose between Andre Brown vs SEA, Harry Douglas vs WAS, or Steve Smith vs NYJ. I'm leaning towards Brown because I think he's the better fantasy player, but he has the worst matchup of the three.

Need thoughts on my flex. I've got to chose between Andre Brown vs SEA, Harry Douglas vs WAS, or Steve Smith vs NYJ. I'm leaning towards Brown because I think he's the better fantasy player, but he has the worst matchup of the three.
I think Brown is a good choice. He's been putting up respectable numbers each and every week and Seattle's run defense is a little squishier than most people think. (15th in the league currently)

Buffalo or Phillys D?

I like Eagles vs Vikings. In the past few weeks Eagles D has been on fire. Not to mention Jaguars offense has been surprisingly effective recently.

KC or CAR def?
I think I'd roll with Carolina. KC's D has been leaky lately and NYJ/Geno are absolute turnover machines.

Trying to decide between jay cutler or matt ryan.... He has Harry Douglas and Alshon starting.
I like Matt Ryan. Healthy and at home against the Redskins who are just atrocious. (can you feel my anger?)

Need to use 2 WRs out of these 4:

Vincent Jackson, Roddy White, Brian Hartline, Emmanuel Sanders.

Decisions!

Definitely Vincent Jackson. Tough call on the other one though. Hmm I'd like to say Roddy White but there's talk that he might be injured again. I might go Emmanuel Sanders.

EDIT: Where's The Frankman? We require his sage advice.

Help guys! PPR format:

Tony Romo or Matt Ryan?

Websites project Romo, but Ryan against a Redskins D that gives up anything and everything? Tony constantly lets me down but analysts say Tony....

Lastly pick three of the below:

Rod Streater
Delanie Walker
Riley Cooper
Harry Douglas
Cordarrelle Patterson

I think I'm going Douglas, Walker, and Cooper...but I've got an itch about Cordarrelle Patterson this week...and honestly Walker is a "do what they tell you add" that I picked up off Waivers, so I'm not confident but the professionals say start em.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Jackson and White.

I like Matt Ryan. Healthy and at home against the Redskins who are just atrocious. (can you feel my anger?)

Definitely Vincent Jackson. Tough call on the other one though. Hmm I'd like to say Roddy White but there's talk that he might be injured again. I might go Emmanuel Sanders.

EDIT: Where's The Frankman? We require his sage advice.

Thanks guys.

Yeah I think I'm going with Jackson and White with possibly Sanders going in for White if he is injured.

Down by 1 in the league semi-finals. My opponent has Reggie Bush and Justin Tucker and I have Megatron. Whatever happens I'll be ok though since I know now that at worst I'm guaranteed to finish 3rd and at least get my money back. Not bad for my first year playing FF .. or watching football for that matter.

This QB situation is killing me. Damn you Shanahan! I guess I'll go with Cousins just because he might be the safer option. I'm so nervous with Flynn that he'll start the game terribly and get replaced by Tolzien.

Maybe I should pick up Fitzpatrick. Although he's playing against the Cardinals, which is my DST, and I'd hate to have my qb go against my defense.

Aaaand now I love the Shanahan's (tempered by that ridiculous decision to go for 2 instead of tying it though) .. Cousins had a phenomenal fantasy day. Better than anything RG3 ever did for me.

Buffalo or Phillys D?

I like Eagles vs Vikings. In the past few weeks Eagles D has been on fire. Not to mention Jaguars offense has been surprisingly effective recently.

My apologies if you went with Philly but who could've seen that coming.

Ugh I'm gonna probably get knocked out of the playoffs despite the guy I'm against having a running back do shit last week and having a RB not even play this week. Fucking Alex Smith.

Vyer

Unless something nuts happens, looks like I avenged my earlier season loss to Foles Future in stragglers and will move on. Damn fine performance this year though Foles considering what IR took from you.

Eleuin

need five points from pitta to win

this wouldn't be a problem if a put the right players on my team and not my bench :/

harSon

Banned
What are the chances Megatron outscores Stafford...smh

Depends. Is it PPR? If so, it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that he will. If not, it's still pretty likely.

Can't believe I'm in the Finals despite having Julio Jones, Reggie Wayne (traded for him after Julio Jones went down with injury), Doug Martin and Mike James on my team. I also had Fitzgerald and MJD on my team, and despite the fact that they've been lights out over the last month for me, the first half of the season they were legit liabilities.

Dat waiver wire hustle.

Need 53 points out of Stafford and Megatron tonight in a standard league, and that's with having Jamaal Charles.

They screwed me the first week of the matchup so it's fitting that they save me this week.....hopefully? Bleh I'm fucked.

look at these goddamn win margins

egHqf2m.png

So the guy I was playing against had Jamaal Charles and Justin Tucker. *sigh* Yeah. My team did awesome but it just wasn't enough to overcome that kind of production. I actually could've won if I had played Garcon instead of Keenan Allen. Oh well.

RBH

Charles Clay @ Buffalo

OR

Dennis Pitta vs. New England?

Torrey Smith vs. New England

OR

Shane Vereen @ Baltimore?

2 decisions I have to make for my championship game.

Charles Clay @ Buffalo
OR
Dennis Pitta vs. New England?

Torrey Smith vs. New England
OR
Shane Vereen @ Baltimore?

2 decisions I have to make for my championship game.
I don't think you can sit Vereen at all. Pitta's value is tied to how many times can Baltimore get near the red zone, so if you think that game will be higher-scoring go Pitta.

Keenan Allen @ home vs Oakland

or

Pierre Garcon @ home vs Dallas

Guys...need some advice.

Tom Brady OR Kirk Cousins

and

Charles Clay OR Brian Hartline

I'd probably roll with Brady and Hartline. Unless you need to swing for the fences .. than I might give Cousins a shot. I'd prob just stick with Brady though.

EDIT: Might as well ask while I'm at it: Pitta @ home vs NE or just keep Olsen plugged in (@ home vs Saints)

Big question

Start Brees or Dalton. I'm in a league were it's head to head every week, no playoffs, $$$ based on top 5 teams in the league and today I have a double header. I'm currently in the last cash spot...

Uh oh - I'm seeing buzz that Megatron might be inactive today. Not good. I need to win today to get my money back otherwise I get nothing. :(

The RB advantage I've had most of the season finally paid off for the first time in awhile. Got 58 from my three compared to 36 for his three (thanks Reggie Bush). Two week playoffs and I'm up 23 going into next week.

Hopefully things worked out for you, braves. I won my first playoff round but didn't even know until Tuesday as I was on a cruise. I am now 2 points ahead of my opponent in the second round with Boldin left and he has Niner D. I think I should win but now I read that my QB, Romo, is likely out for the season....just in time for the championship. Sigh. I have no acquisitions left so this means I will have to roll with Palmer. Well, first things first, if I don't win tonight it's all moot anyway.

super stragglers final about to come down to the question "will atlanta's offense somehow produce like it hasn't produced all season?" being answered

up 14.4, have gore vs gonzalez

let's get ridiculous

Despite all the damage the Niner D did at the end of the game (Fuck you Failcons for blowing it and most likely our playoff chances), Boldin did well enough for me to win so Championship game here I am!

Now I play the waiting game to see if Romo will really play after all or if I'm stuck using Palmer.

Top Bottom