• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Football 2013 - The catchall thread

Petrie

Banned
It's an evening game but every indication is that Reed has passed his concussion tests and it's been two weeks since the injury so I think he's worth waiting for. I'm leery about every pass catcher on the Texans (Graham included) until Keenum gets his head straight.

Try and have a reserve tight end available to go in case Reed doesn't suit up. Logan Paulsen isn't a great option for the Redskins but he would be serviceable. Brandon Myers or Zach Miller would be preferable. If neither Miller or Myers can be acquired and you're leery about Paulsen, feel free to ride Graham if you don't want to chance waiting for Reed.

This league gives 10 moves a season and I have one left. Won't use it up on another backup TE.

Guess I roll with Reed!

On another note: MJD or Spiller? Leaning Spiller but hate both.

Also have Donald Brown as an option.

UberTag

On another note: MJD or Spiller? Leaning Spiller but hate both.
Also have Donald Brown as an option.
It's hard to say which Spiller will show up today but I'd be hesitant to start him until he actually proves it on the field.

Start Donald Brown. Tennessee's run defense has been suspect all year and Trent Truck finally got demoted from his starting gig. He'll be a change of pace today at best. Brown has Top 10 potential with that matchup and the majority of the carries.

i fucked around and forgot to take Andre Ellington out of my line up but goddamn Alshon Jeffrey might make up the difference. Also seems that Julius Thomas is officially out so I picked up Tamme this week. Hope it pays off.

I wasn't paying attention I thought I benched T Rich for Ball, turns out I benched MJD for Ball.

>_<

It doesn't make a difference, I'm getting destroyed anyway.

If RG3 and Andre Brown go the fuck off tonight I might win and get a bye in week 1 of playoffs. More likely scenario - they do fair to middling and I lose.

What really hurts is that I traded the guy I'm playing Ben Tate a few weeks ago and then Ben Tate goes off against me.

hey guys i have an idea

lets not start eric decker cause he's not been doing much and replace him with guys who have been a little more consistent.

what could possibly go wrong?

I'm gonna probably end up losing this week but I won't be upset if Seahawks win. Down 11 right now with Morris playing now and Graham and Hauschka on Monday night, while he has Lynch.

I should have put more thought into my picks. Saw Tate did shit last week against Jaguars so I benched him without seeing they play New England next and started Dwayne Bowe at flex instead.

I just put Decker on my bench in one league and played against him in another, weeeeeee!

The good news is that I won in the league where I had him benched anyway, phew. I need to check how serious D Thomas is injured.

So in another league, this is the deciding game to see who makes the playoffs and I'm down by 20 but I have Brees and Sproles while my opponent is done. I'm feeling pretty damn confident. Passing TDs gets you 6 in this league and it's PPR.

In the gaf league, I was supposed to easily win but he had Decker... I have Brees that could overcome my deficit but he has Pierre Thomas so I'm most likely toast. I guess I deserve to lose for having two goose eggs in Boykin and Burleson in. Fortunately, I'll still make the playoffs regardless.

Petrie

Banned
Yeah I finally looked it up. Surprised Decker had such a huge game then. So much for Decker being a no brainer next week.

If the trend continues Welker will blow up next week.

That's the one issue with Denver, you just never know who will get the looks, but they're all too good to bench.

If the trend continues Welker will blow up next week.

That's the one issue with Denver, you just never know who will get the looks, but they're all too good to bench.

I predicted Decker would be the one to lose out this year and I was right but there are certain match ups where he was worth trying at flex. He just always disappoints and then last night..my god. He's more worthwhile if one of the guys are out like Julius but I forgot to put him in when I saw Schefter's tweet. Oh well, all that matters is I won and you feel a little swag when you have a 41 point player on the bench and didn't even need him.

Hate to rain on your parade but Wilson hasn't scored less than 10.62 points in your league format all season long.
I think he was being

nevermind_nathan_fillion.gif

nvm

UberTag

He has to suck! HE HAS TOOOOOOO!

I need to kick you out of the playoffs next week. Destiny said so.
I'm pulling for ya, Dutch... although I believe you'll have to get past Greg next week even if you do manage to survive tonight. On the bright side, his Packers are hurting so he's definitely vulnerable.

Eleuin

I just put Decker on my bench in one league and played against him in another, weeeeeee!

The good news is that I won in the league where I had him benched anyway, phew. I need to check how serious D Thomas is injured.

So in another league, this is the deciding game to see who makes the playoffs and I'm down by 20 but I have Brees and Sproles while my opponent is done. I'm feeling pretty damn confident. Passing TDs gets you 6 in this league and it's PPR.

In the gaf league, I was supposed to easily win but he had Decker... I have Brees that could overcome my deficit but he has Pierre Thomas so I'm most likely toast. I guess I deserve to lose for having two goose eggs in Boykin and Burleson in. Fortunately, I'll still make the playoffs regardless.
Heh, 49.40 points

Matt Flynn giving me negative points is equal to your two goose eggs!

I'm down 20 points and the other guy has Saints D. Come oooooooooon Seahawks, keep it up!!!

EDIT: 13 points now lets keep it rolling!

Vyer

Last week before playoffs in Stragglers. I'm sure somebody good with the maths can figure out playoff scenarios

Petrie

Banned
I'm curious about GAF's opinion here. League is 12 team .5 PPR with 8 teams making the playoffs, and I have been holding my no.1 waiver claim for a few weeks. Here's a look at my first matchup. I'm on the left:

I feel pretty secure this week, and even overall in the playoffs given the roster I've amasses in a deeper league like this, but one can never be too safe. Question is if you'd burn the waiver claim on Oakland this week, or just roll with NE like I am currently. I feel like there isn't much use left for my waiver spot, so hoarding it is doing me no good. Thoughts?

Sumidor

I'm curious about GAF's opinion here. League is 12 team .5 PPR with 8 teams making the playoffs, and I have been holding my no.1 waiver claim for a few weeks. Here's a look at my first matchup. I'm on the left:

I feel pretty secure this week, and even overall in the playoffs given the roster I've amasses in a deeper league like this, but one can never be too safe. Question is if you'd burn the waiver claim on Oakland this week, or just roll with NE like I am currently. I feel like there isn't much use left for my waiver spot, so hoarding it is doing me no good. Thoughts?

Good lord, i'd kill to have your team. For your question, is there anyone else even remotely worth picking up off waivers? From the looks of it, you'll win pretty easily and you won't wanna keep Oakland after this week. I'd personally stick with New England and hope Weeden plays like his normal self. New England only seems to have trouble with the run game, which Cleveland doesn't really have.

Petrie

Banned
Good lord, i'd kill to have your team. For your question, is there anyone else even remotely worth picking up off waivers? From the looks of it, you'll win pretty easily and you won't wanna keep Oakland after this week. I'd personally stick with New England and hope Weeden plays like his normal self. New England only seems to have trouble with the run game, which Cleveland doesn't really have.

That's a valid point.

Our wire is all tapped out. The only things even worth looking at are DST and kickers, and don't need a waiver there. I admit my deep roster is a good problem to have.

So many teams and bench spots though that there's nothing I'd pick up. Not even a move to make just to stop her.

And hey if Weedon plays well Gordon will make up for the points I lose!

Sorry to hear that. Poor drafting? Injury issues? Unfortunate schedule?
I had the 15th spot in a 16-teamer, yet managed to have a great 1st 5 rounds.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/9047/draftresults?drafttab=team --> I'm They Might Be Giants

I was 4-1 and in a position to make a run, then this happened.

and this
and this
and this

I lost 4 in a row, then won a game.
Then lost 2 of my last 3. In retrospect, trading Antonio Brown/Rashard Mendenhall for Cecil Shorts III/Chris Johnson didn't work out well after losing Julio for the year. They changed plays for Antonio Brown and he performed like a legit WR1 after Week 5. I improved my running backs but Mendy wasn't as terrible as he looked the beginning of the year. Also Eli Manning absolutely KILLED me, my whole strategy was to draft 3 awesome WRs, a high upside RB core and a solid QB with a high floor/low ceiling. Eli killed me for 8-9 weeks before I dropped him.

I'm the commish for a league at work where guys are pretty close and have fun and fuck with each other constantly. Great group of guys, fun league. I'm trying to come up with a funny trophy/plaque/whatever but I just cant come up with any good ideas.

Any help?

I'm the commish for a league at work where guys are pretty close and have fun and fuck with each other constantly. Great group of guys, fun league. I'm trying to come up with a funny trophy/plaque/whatever but I just cant come up with any good ideas.

Any help?
In one of my $$$$ leagues who ever gets last place has to keep a toilet seat for a year and bring it to the following years draft..

E: on another note, is it time to let Welker go? I want to use Keenan Allen or Rainey more

Top Bottom