• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Football 2013 - The catchall thread

UberTag

Had a pretty good run in fantasy this season...
- 11-2 / #1 seed in the 16-Team GAF No Quitters money league
- 10-3 / #2 seed in the 16-Team GAF Shirtless league
- 10-3 / #1 seed in my former flatmate's 10-Team standard redraft league w/ capped waiver moves (a ludicrous 362 points scored advantage over the 2nd place team)
- 10-3 / #1 seed in my long-time 10-Team keeper auction league
- 9-4 / #2 seed in my 10-Team IDP work league

Combined record of 50-15. Hope I can actually win some of these leagues instead of flaming out spectacularly in the fantasy playoffs as I typically do.

Rokam

Highest scorer in my league by about 60 points. And that's only 1 person that close the rest are more than 100 points behind. Didn't make the playoffs, as I had the most scored against me... I've had more points scored against me than other people have scored. Salty as hell.

Highest scorer in my league by about 60 points. And that's only 1 person that close the rest are more than 100 points behind. Didn't make the playoffs, as I had the most scored against me... I've had more points scored against me than other people have scored. Salty as hell.

Holy hell man... I didn't know that was even possible

Sumidor

YEahhhh.. This happens a lot. I barely ever see the person with the highest point total actually be in first place. The randomness of it all is what makes it so fun/frustrating. Nothing like losing when you have the 2nd highest point total in the week by a far margin.. Only to be playing against the 1 person who has the highest. :/

Petrie

Banned
Glad I started Garrett Graham over Jordan Cameron this week. 17 points in my main league from the worst player on my team is a very nice start.

VoxPop

Glad I started Garrett Graham over Jordan Cameron this week. 17 points in my main league from the worst player on my team is a very nice start.

Nice. I dumped Cameron over the weekend for Jared Cook in one of my leagues. Gonna go with Dennis Pitta or Ladarius Green for the playoffs. I'm really hoping Welker gets his groove back. His crappy showings have been really hurting me despite me being in first place.

Petrie

Banned
Nice. I dumped Cameron over the weekend for Jared Cook in one of my leagues. Gonna go with Dennis Pitta or Ladarius Green for the playoffs. I'm really hoping Welker gets his groove back. His crappy showings have been really hurting me despite me being in first place.

Maybe I should grab Pitta. Hmmm

WedgeX

Banned
Huh. With Andre Ellington (v.STL) back and healthy, unsure of whether to go with him or Lamar Miller (@PIT) for the weekend.

Decisions.

mernst23

Alright start 2, roddy vs gb, garcon vs kc, and miller vs pit. .5 ppr league.

Leaning towards sitting garcon since I'd expect wash to get killed

AlexMogil

Ok, in my second week of the playoffs.

My flex spot can play:

Riley Cooper
Nate Burleson
Rashard Mendenhall

Any recommendations? I'm leaning Cooper for the explosive long catches but Mendenhall is running against a Rams d that can give up ground yards. And Burleson is due after last week.

mernst23

Ok, in my second week of the playoffs.

My flex spot can play:

Riley Cooper
Nate Burleson
Rashard Mendenhall

Any recommendations? I'm leaning Cooper for the explosive long catches but Mendenhall is running against a Rams d that can give up ground yards. And Burleson is due after last week.

The safe play is probably burleson and the potential for the boom/bust game on cooper. Ellington being back makes rashard useless unless he nabs a td most likely. I'd play cooper if I'm the underdog.

AlexMogil

The safe play is probably burleson and the potential for the boom/bust game on cooper. Ellington being back makes rashard useless unless he nabs a td most likely. I'd play cooper if I'm the underdog.

Thanks. I'm up by 7 and Andre Johnson gave me a good head start, so I might pull it out for next week.

Petrie

Banned
Not the usual question. Given the weather all over, any kicker you guys like today? I have Philly's but its cold with some snow. Just wondering thoughts. In the playoffs it all matters.

Petrie

Banned
In one league Antonio Brown has 4 rec for 73. In the other it says 5 for like 140. What going on?

I can't believe I lost today. Stafford can suck a bag of dicks.

In one league Antonio Brown has 4 rec for 73. In the other it says 5 for like 140. What going on?

I can't believe I lost today. Stafford can suck a bag of dicks.
The snow killed alot of games on the East coast. We have an estimated 6-8 inches in Philly here, a foot in some areas.

I'm getting destroyed so far this week but I still have Romo, Jeffery, and Graham left. Outside of McCoy, the only person to do shit for me so far is Bowe.

Petrie

Banned
The snow killed alot of games on the East coast. We have an estimated 6-8 inches in Philly here, a foot in some areas.

Yea. Just sucks. My team was stacked to go deep, and everyone but Stafford and Megatron went off. My opponent just went off across the board thanks to Luck in garbage time.

Dosia

Damn my team was stacked and I was on an 8 game win streak. Took a damn blizzard, gronk blown acl, and the Pats D shitting the bed against the browns for me to lose. Down 4 with Jeffery and he has Mccown, but Im prepared for the L.

VoxPop

Sigh. I was in 2nd place and #2-#5 all had the same record. I ended up losing by 1 point because of Cowboys defense' last minute sack after being tied and DeMarco Murray getting benched. Left 84 points on my bench. Out of the playoffs :[

#1 in my other league but I've now lost both Welker + AP. Going up against a guy who is on a 6 game win streak and scoring 130+ every week. Gonna need to do some serious team management this week.

gutshot

Needed 14 points from Dez Bryant last night to win my 1st round playoff matchup. Felt pretty confident. After his TD catch on the first drive of the game, I only needed 4 more points the rest of the way. I felt assured of a victory. Of course, he scored only 2 points from then on and I lost by 1 point.

I hate fantasy football.

The cowboys' struggles are really fucking with me this week, and their dream matchup against green bay makes it more complicated even though they don't seem to take advantage of matchups. I need some advice and badly so.

Should I start Jason Witten, Dennis Pitta, or Jordan Reed if he is able to play?

I really like what I saw from Pitta but it was just for one week and he has a much tougher matchup than Witten.

Also should I start Tony Romo, Andrew Luck, or Josh Mccown if he is still the starter?

Same feeling concerning Luck and Romo

The cowboys' struggles are really fucking with me this week, and their dream matchup against green bay makes it more complicated even though they don't seem to take advantage of matchups. I need some advice and badly so.

Should I start Jason Witten, Dennis Pitta, or Jordan Reed if he is able to play?

I really like what I saw from Pitta but it was just for one week and he has a much tougher matchup than Witten.

Also should I start Tony Romo, Andrew Luck, or Josh Mccown if he is still the starter?

Same feeling concerning Luck and Romo

I'd say Witten but it's a tough call between Romo and Luck. I'd like to say Romo for the match up but you never know with him. I'm using Romo myself and he is literally the only factor I consider on whether I will make it through the playoffs to a championship. It's not the opponents that scare me, just Romo screwing me over haha That said, he has a nice squishy final three games to finish up and the Cowboys are fighting for the division so I feel ok. Luck seems to get a lot of late TDs lately but it's always concerning when he's forced to get all those points at the end of games as it's risky. The Colts just are not a good team for the remainder of the season. I guess the main thing to look at is the defense he's playing against, the Colts struggle early against everyone now but he bounces back against most of the teams they've played the past several weeks. The Rams and Cards are the two teams with legit Ds that he couldn't pull that crap on.

I'd say Witten but it's a tough call between Romo and Luck. I'd like to say Romo for the match up but you never know with him. I'm using Romo myself and he is literally the only factor I consider on whether I will make it through the playoffs to a championship. It's not the opponents that scare me, just Romo screwing me over haha That said, he has a nice squishy final three games to finish up and the Cowboys are fighting for the division so I feel ok. Luck seems to get a lot of late TDs lately but it's always concerning when he's forced to get all those points at the end of games as it's risky. The Colts just are not a good team for the remainder of the season. I guess the main thing to look at is the defense he's playing against, the Colts struggle early against everyone now but he bounces back against most of the teams they've played the past several weeks. The Rams and Cards are the two teams with legit Ds that he couldn't pull that crap on.

I honestly might just go with luck simply because there is always the chance that Romo has another game where murray just gets all the TDs but Luck will have to pass a lot no matter what, against a pretty shitty Houston team.

Witten really worries me though, he has been getting touchdowns but he hasn't been getting many targets or yards against pretty bad defenses.

smoothj

In the Semis on a nice money league and need crucial advice.

Start Nick Foles or Andrew Luck?

Start Marquess Colston, Michael Floyd or Riley Cooper?

Other 2 WR starters are VJ and Decker.

Please advise GAF I needs you.
This will probably make or break me this week.

So fellas, just lost my QB going into the final round of playoffs this weekend. Now what? I picked up Cousins (vs Atlanta) and Matt Flynn (vs Dallas). Who do you like between those? I'm also looking at Henne. Other guys who are available but with iffy matchups are Glennon, EJ Manuel, Geno Smith, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and Matt Cassell.

I honestly might just go with luck simply because there is always the chance that Romo has another game where murray just gets all the TDs but Luck will have to pass a lot no matter what, against a pretty shitty Houston team.

Witten really worries me though, he has been getting touchdowns but he hasn't been getting many targets or yards against pretty bad defenses.
Up to you bro but I'm all in on the Romo train choo choo!
Romo in December, football gods help me
The packers have been better at run D than pass D so I don't know that we'll see a repeat of last week for Murray. If Rogers was playing you could be confident Romo would have to keep throwing but I guess a way to look at it is the Failcons put up decent points against the Packers last week. Houston still has some good defensive players but yeah, they are playing bad and Luck was able to bounce back against them last time around. Romo and Luck were drafted around the same time for a reason, just go with whoever gives you greater confidence but I'd say Packers in Dallas is the friendlier match up, division games are generally tougher too.

You have tricky decisions for sure. On paper, Witten is the right choice as he is more talented and has a much friendlier match up. He is playing at home and GB is bad against TEs while Detroit is the 8th best D against TEs I believe. I think Flacco will try to get Pitta involved the rest of the way forward so he'll get plenty of looks, it's just a matter of performance against a pretty good D against the position. Witten has the right opportunities so if you still don't feel confident in him, I guess that means you should just roll with Pitta because it doesn't get much sweeter other than playing against the lowest bottom feeder. I do like the comments Flacco has said about Pitta being back, I really think he's going to look his way plenty down the stretch.
In the Semis on a nice money league and need crucial advice.

Start Nick Foles or Andrew Luck?

Start Marquess Colston, Michael Floyd or Riley Cooper?

Other 2 WR starters are VJ and Decker.

Please advise GAF I needs you.
This will probably make or break me this week.

Foles and Cooper. Foles should absolutely light Minny up. Floyd is both banged up (didn't practice yesterday though I expect he'll play) and going against a D that has two good corners. Colston has had a whopping two good games or so this season and Brees throws all over the place while Cooper has clearly been Foles' man. Even in the snow storm he was trying to get the ball to Cooper as much as he could, just had a hard time dealing with the weather.

So fellas, just lost my QB going into the final round of playoffs this weekend. Now what? I picked up Cousins (vs Atlanta) and Matt Flynn (vs Dallas). Who do you like between those? I'm also looking at Henne. Other guys who are available but with iffy matchups are Glennon, EJ Manuel, Geno Smith, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and Matt Cassell.

Anyone?

Also, would you guys play Dennis Pitta over Greg Olsen and Coby Fleener?

Anyone?

I'd say go with Cousins and for TEs, all three should be viable but basically Fleener is a somewhat safer option while Pitta is a home run threat. As I said to another poster, Detroit isn't a squishy D for Pitta to abuse but Flacco means to get the ball to him which certainly can go a long way.

VoxPop

Anyone?

Pitta has been dear to me last season so I'll always a special place in my heart for him. Baltimore's offense has been terrible all season but I can see them stepping it up to get in the playoffs. Pitta has always been a huge option on the pass for Flacco and will continue to be so in the end zone especially with Rice/Pierce shitting it up. I don't think Fleener is even in the equation. I'd go with either Pitta or Olsen.

Top Bottom